Wicked Tarot Kickstarter Campaign

mrossi

UK. Doubles the price :(

ETA PLEASE don't advertise your deck all over in threads about other decks. It derails - and also irritates. Thank you and welcome to AT !

Yes, so I've learned quickly. Haha. As for UK shipping, that's literally the cheapest anything can be sent from the US to the UK. Bummer I know. We actually lose money on it anyway as we only charge the exact USPS shipping cost, and Kickstarter takes a piece of that too. Kickstarter has its advantages and disadvantages, but all in all, it's a good system. There is a package by the way where you get one deck and one at half off, and the shipping cost is the same. Maybe consider sharing with a friend and keeping the cost down. All of these issues are good notes for people considering doing their own deck.

gregory

Nope. THEN customs kicks in and you also have to pay the 8 POUNDS for the mail to collect the duty.

Until TGC gets with it enough to have hubs all over the world, Printerstudio is the way to go. They ship in bulk to their hubs, which ship on and the result is cheap postage and no duty. That's how I did my own deck. UK people have theirs mailed from Germany, at a small cost and with no duty at all. In fact I would run with them anyway and not bother wih kickstarter - they dropship to wherever - you upload your artwork and put it up for sale with whatever markup you want - and the rest is all done for you. OR you can do as two others here do - take orders and set up the dropship yourself. Same result in the end.

mrossi

Nope. THEN customs kicks in and you also have to pay the 8 POUNDS for the mail to collect the duty.

Until TGC gets with it enough to have hubs all over the world, Printerstudio is the way to go. They ship in bulk to their hubs, which ship on and the result is cheap postage and no duty. That's how I did my own deck. UK people have theirs mailed from Germany, at a small cost and with no duty at all. In fact I would run with them anyway and not bother wih kickstarter - they dropship to wherever - you upload your artwork and put it up for sale with whatever markup you want - and the rest is all done for you. OR you can do as two others here do - take orders and set up the dropship yourself. Same result in the end.

That's a great idea! We were just going to mark each shipment as a gift under $10/value to avoid customs issues. But I'll definitely check on that option as well!

starlightexp

What sort of card stock are you guys using? Are the cards smooth or linen ?

mrossi

What sort of card stock are you guys using? Are the cards smooth or linen ?

heavy stock. Smooth feel. Similar to the stock and feel of a standard Rider-Waite. I've found them to be the most durable on the decks I own and use.

starlightexp

any chance for a picture of the actual cards?

mrossi

any chance for a picture of the actual cards?

starlightexp - have you seen the any of the images on the kickstarter or our facebook page at /wickedplayingcards? or are you wanting to see the physical printed card?

gregory

That's a great idea! We were just going to mark each shipment as a gift under $10/value to avoid customs issues. But I'll definitely check on that option as well!
That would do it, actually. Many sellers won't go that route.

starlightexp

starlightexp - have you seen the any of the images on the kickstarter or our facebook page at /wickedplayingcards? or are you wanting to see the physical printed card?

I was hoping to see the physical cards to get a feel for how the art shows on them.