Rackham By Duck Soup

The Happy Squirrel

That makes sense - but, it could be done like the Hidden Realm tarot, with the only border being a black one at the bottom, with the keyword written in that small bar.

Or remove all borders except the one at the bottom :) I rather like the design around the titles and keywords there :)

Padma

true - the decorative touch definitely matches the time period that Rackham created his work - very Victorian/art nouveau. :)

Le Fanu

I actually like the intricate borders on this one. It fits perfectly with the style.

The Happy Squirrel

Actually, I was just looking at the images again. My ideal borders for this one would be as is, EXCEPT the one along the top. So plain borders (like the ones on left and right) replicated along the top, while the bottom stays the same. This will give a sense of paintings that are displayed with old fashioned banners of notes underneath it :)

Debra

Some illustrations are in landscape. Like Afflatus. Which might be a problem, if people have to look it up. Unlike the common synonym.

The Happy Squirrel

I am actually not bothered at all with the occasional landscape cards in a deck, especially in relation to original and pre-existing artwork. Integrity of original artwork above all I say.

As for people having to look it up, do you mean words? Words that aren't common?

meeka4monty

Thank you for posting about this - I had no idea it was in the works and I'm excited!

You know, I look at it and it just looks bespoke; differing image sizes, chunky top and bottom borders, choice of backing and I think it adds to its charm. (I say this now without the deck in my hands). But I think in a world of mass production and expected norms, it's nice to find something atypical with expression in an art deck.

Keeping my eyes peeled.

Padma

I am actually not bothered at all with the occasional landscape cards in a deck, especially in relation to original and pre-existing artwork. Integrity of original artwork above all I say.

As for people having to look it up, do you mean words? Words that aren't common?

I believe afflatus may not be a common word.

The Happy Squirrel

Freder (the creator) just explained to me that the top border is necessary as the ratio of the artworks aren't uniformed. I totally forgot to take that into consideration. Of course they aren't! He also explained that those patterns were Rackham's own creation. That makes me happy :)