Really interested in other views on grounding

SunsetKay

@Celticnoodle - I loved those links! I checked out a few more too! I drive barefoot like your daughter does. Lol. It explains a lot (reading those links does).

Barleywine

My wife and I talked about bringing our earthing indoors, but decided that the energic connection needs to be with the "bones of the Earth" (my phrase, not hers) rather than a surrogate. So we will proceed according to plan.

SunsetKay

My wife and I talked about bringing our earthing indoors, but decided that the energic connection needs to be with the "bones of the Earth" (my phrase, not hers) rather than a surrogate. So we will proceed according to plan.

Makes sense. :)

MandMaud

It seems like I'm going to have to try visualizing, after all. It's been mentioned twice now. It's another one that seems like it would be very, very useful for those times when I can't immediately leave an area or go outside.

I'm interested : why "after all"? Was there an objection to it? :)

I loved reading this! Such peaceful imagery, just reading it helps me feel quiet.

And funny thing about the stamping, there are certain workings that I do that actually require you to stamp your bare feet onto the ground to "ground your will". It would never have occurred to me to try it for those days when it's difficult to ground myself. Brilliant!

Of course it also involves the whole body - other parts can't fail to notice that the feet are connecting with the ground! :laugh: Hadn't thought of that before.

Funny how many of us use trees. To me it's natural to associate trees with earth, both in the sense of the roots going down deep, and also as the land... landscape... the great forests that used to be all across the land (well, those here have shrunk over the centuries, though there are still expanses of forest elsewhere)... but surely trees are as much about air and water, well water anyway? Even fire if you think of sap, growth energy - rather than forest fires. :(

Makes me wonder, as I periodically do, about how the Western and Eastern system of elements connect. They must relate somehow; both describe the same thing, after all: the universe. Fire-Air-Earth-Water (+ Ether but that's different), versus Metal-Water-Air-Wood-Fire. The Eastern ones don't stay in my head easily and I'm not knowledgeable about them, but if you do a direct correlation, the Western earth is "replaced" by the Eastern metal+wood, and then I go drawing conclusions without knowing what I'm talking about. :p

But talking of methods - anyone been caving? :)
I have once, loved it!

SunsetKay

I'm interested : why "after all"? Was there an objection to it?

Really, really embarrassed to admit this, but I was taught to feel and not see. But, it's really the same thing sometimes, isn't it? I can see a sunrise and feel the beauty of it to my bones. And if I call it up in my memory later, I can recreate that feeling... So what harm is there in "seeing" if I want to feel?

At least that's the conclusion that I've come to... For me, it's the same - seeing, smelling, touching, tasting, imagining - they all evoke the feeling that I need, so what does it matter how I get there if the end result is the same?

talking of methods - anyone been caving? :)
I have once, loved it!

I have to admit that I haven't been.

MandMaud

Really, really embarrassed to admit this, but I was taught to feel and not see. But, it's really the same thing sometimes, isn't it? I can see a sunrise and feel the beauty of it to my bones. And if I call it up in my memory later, I can recreate that feeling... So what harm is there in "seeing" if I want to feel?

At least that's the conclusion that I've come to... For me, it's the same - seeing, smelling, touching, tasting, imagining - they all evoke the feeling that I need, so what does it matter how I get there if the end result is the same?

Nothing to be embarrassed about. :) It's an odd thing to teach, IMO. Well done reasoning it out - I don't think there's much distinction between feeling physically and feeling emotionally, and one can access the other, in either direction. A bit like noises so loud that we perceive them through our bones, you know how the sound of a jet plane or a pipe organ seems to come to us through the ribs rather than the ears? Visual beauty can evoke feelings just as a whiff of a scent or a single musical chord can transport us straight to a place. But you know this, I'm just making it more wordy. :D

I have to admit that I haven't been.

I was taken by friends who did that kind of thing all the time. It was great beneath under the ground - within the earth! And the odd thing, at one point when we had to climb an overhang that would have made me very nervous ordinarily, I had no fear at all. I struggled physically but had no fear. It may have had something to do with not being buffeted by any wind, but also I felt that psychologically, being already below ground level made me unworried about falling to the ground! (Not that it was any safer in that respect. :laugh:) Now, I think I just felt safe within Earth. :)