mutational alchemy tarot

devilkitty

Trying to source one now...hope no toadies are watching :angel:
Maybe the star/emperor switch is putting off the thothies?

I never bought Uncle Al's justification for the switch, and don't use it myself.*
I know, it makes me a baaaad Thelemite - but I also have little patience for "Fundamentalist Crowleyanity". ;)

*"All these old letters of my Book are aright, but (Tzaddi) is not the Star." (AL I:57).
If we believe that the letters are right, and Tzaddi is not the Star, then the card's title is wrong, and it merely needs a renaming - as he did with Strength, etc.

earthair

They do ship to the UK :) Got mine now and it's beautiful.
Bringing this thread to the top as replies from the creators to the discussion over in the Thoth forum keep disappearing, so maybe the discussion would be better on this thread? I for one would really like to hear what the creators have to say and discuss this epic and interesting deck further. :livelong:

daphne

Bringing this thread to the top as replies from the creators to the discussion over in the Thoth forum keep disappearing, so maybe the discussion would be better on this thread? I for one would really like to hear what the creators have to say and discuss this epic and interesting deck further. :livelong:

What kind of art do they use, computer generated, photo-deck? I can not find pictures to figure it out.

smw

I thought only one post was removed? unless I missed some.... It doesn't seem to make much sense that posts by the creators discussing their deck would be removed without reason, especially as several people have enquired, including the moderator.

Alta

I thought only one post was removed? unless I missed some.... It doesn't seem to make much sense that posts by the creators discussing their deck would be removed without reason, especially as several people have enquired, including the moderator.
I'll leave this one post here but I'll say this once that the discussion became very heated and deeply personal and some posts were removed. Fine with the actual discussion. If any members have further concerns, please PM the mods directly.

earthair

I'll leave this one post here but I'll say this once that the discussion became very heated and deeply personal and some posts were removed. Fine with the actual discussion. If any members have further concerns, please PM the mods directly.

Oh ok, I missed all that happening. I thought it was something to do with whether we were supposed to be discussing it over here as a deck, or in Thoth forums because of its Thothy descendant-cy. :joke:

smw

oh ok, I must have missed that too, I didn't realise that happened.

WolfyJames

I received my copy today.

The deck is very pretty, dark, gothic filled with lovecraftian beasts roaming through the cards... and dragons. For anyone who thinks the Liber T is dark, that one is darker.

I'm a bit disappointed with the Prince of Blades though, looking silly naked with a roster head, a stupid bird and ugly bird at that, could have been better with an eagle, falcon, crow or raven's head instead. It's my significator so it's usually the one I use or check when I do readings, while the King of Blades looks very badass. I'd use the King of Blades as significator if I were to use the deck.

I'm really happy I got the deck, it was at a decent price for a limited edition, free book which you can download as PDF, and more I look at it more it makes want to use it.

Naomi Ningishzidda

Oh I disagree about the "deeply personal" part ::::smiles sweetle::: I know exactly what was said and in what context, that's why I'm copying all of the posts to my own forums so that we can avoid any confusion

Crowley's THOTH was based on The Golden Dawn system. In the Golden Dawn one is supposed to make their own tarot, it's part and parcel of the whole *declaring one's will and wyrd*. Crowley changed the position on the tree but he did not change the ATU numeration. The Book of the Law spent over a decade in a rubbish heap - he didn't like its forcefulness I suppose and there was the matter of another will not his own in it. This is always the way of it with the other world where fallible humans are concerned. I didn't see Crowley asking permission to have a little fun with me during my initiation.

So he did not change the ATU numeration. He also describes The Emperor as "recieving the light from Kether" as if the position had not changed. (Duquette mentions this in Understanding the Thoth) We changed the position and the letter and the numeration. It's a step further, but it is correct from our position in examining The Book of the Law. Crowley is a strong man, he doesn't need public defender. But if I were to defend something I'd say *Lust* was a bold choice - at the time. It isn't as relevant to our time. The Emperor/Star issue wasn't mine - m1thr0s brought it to my attention, he is fiercely attentive to such matters and I have to give him all credit. I am interested in weighing one idea against another and at the time - it took us months to really decide, and the decision was only really confirmed after the card was completed as XVII. That number itself (# 18 ATU "17") is the Emperor's beat - it really is. Just look at the events leading up to The Emperor. I believe this to be the source of all of the misery in the world so that even the packs of old were not incorrect, merely an observation of a world in transition.

Anyways I thank you all for trying the deck, it was surprising to learn anyone at Aeclectic forums would purchase it. Our target audience was Mutational Alchemists.