Help required to banish a presence

Padma

Hello all! I find I require the advice of those who deal with presences that have attached themselves to a particular room in a house.

I myself long ago psychically closed the door that allowed me to see presences, as I found them very off-putting. But now I have a rather unpleasant one in one bedroom of the house I rent. It's been here since we moved in, and I could feel it in a general way, but, as it is a spare room, it has only become truly obvious to me in the last short while.

I slept in that room recently to escape my husband's snoring, and, the last few times I have done this, I have awoken around 3 a.m., completely unable to breathe. Total asthma attack. When I leave the room, it subsides.

When husband has slept in this room, to give me a break from the snoring and allow me to sleep in our own bed, he sleeps so restlessly that he thrashes around, until all the covers come off the bed - not something he normally does.

Last time he slept there, about a week ago, he said he was aware of a presence near the closet door, and facing the bed.

When I went in there the other day to get a deck of tarot cards, which are all stored in there, I felt a cold spot near that closet door.

Interestingly enough, when I have guests, they sleep just fine in that room.

So - I was going to use a dish of salt and water, a candle, and a releasing spell to get rid of the presence, but I don't know if this is enough, as I lack experience with this. If anyone else knows how to banish a presence, and return them to the light, can you please suggest other ways to be rid of this thing...?

Thanks very much! All suggestions welcome :)

Disa

My first thought is to burn some sage. Walk around the entire room letting the smoke get into all of the nooks and crannies, every corner of the room until you come back to the place you started. As you walk, say whatever words you feel you need to say to send whatever is negative out of your house. Keep saying the words until you are finished. If so inclined, continue through the entire house this way. Open some windows or doors.

You could place some black onyx or obsidian stones around the room, or in that closet.

If you have any sweetgrass, you can burn that after the sage.

The sage is said to remove whatever is negative, the sweetgrass invites or welcomes whatever is positive.

I've never encountered "negative" entities, but I do this sage cleansing about twice a year in my house.

If you know reiki or know someone who does reiki, you could use reiki for a cleansing, too.

I fully believe your intent is the most important thing. Whatever method you choose, or all of them combined, do it with a strong intent of getting rid of that negativity. Really mean it.

Best of luck to you,

Padma

Thanks for the good advice, Disa :) I will get some sage to burn, as well as doing the water work...

I have some black tourmaline and smoky topaz, will that also work in the closet? I have no obsidian or onyx, alas!

I think I will use a selenite wand, as well...

Can someone also explain to me how lost spirits "attach" themselves to other objects or people? I am not sure how that works!

Disa

I do think the stones you have would work, as well. I would smudge them with the sage, too before placing them around.

I really have no idea how or why spirits attach themselves. To me it's all about energy. The energy of someone or something gets attached to the energy of the person or object and just stays there. Hopefully someone will come a long with a better way of explaining it all :)

Padma

Thanks for that, too, Disa! :) I never would have thought to smudge the stones, as well...

I am also trying to understand why it has such a hate on for me that it wants to smother me! I think what is actually happening is a psychic attack of some kind, as it feels like a weight on my chest, prior to the lack of breathing.

I can't find anything obvious that I could be allergic to in there! And it doesn't seem to happen anywhere else in the house, not even when I sleep in the living room below that bedroom.

I wonder if I should remove my tarot cards from there...? :confused:

Aunty Anthea

Thanks for the good advice, Disa :) I will get some sage to burn, as well as doing the water work...

I have some black tourmaline and smoky topaz, will that also work in the closet? I have no obsidian or onyx, alas!

I think I will use a selenite wand, as well...

Can someone also explain to me how lost spirits "attach" themselves to other objects or people? I am not sure how that works!

I did actually post information about sending spirits away in this thread

White sage is the type of sage you need, it comes in a small bundle and can be bought from Amazon. It is used for cleansing crystals and cards etc.

Personally, I think you should both be very careful as the spirit has been shown to affect your health.

Whatever you do always send it away with LOVE :love:

As it seems to be in only one part of the room you should start with the easy solution and sprinkle sea salt in the immediate are, while telling the spirit how much he is loved and how you wish he would go to the light where he will be happy.

Your tarot cards - are they all new?

Padma

Lol Aunty - I was sending it away with FIRMNESS! Maybe I should try love, too.

I have put salt and crystals in that spot, drenched the room in lavender essential oil spray, and said loudly and often, to all four corners, that I want it to begone, and to go to the light, where it belongs. With very very firm intention.

Many of my decks are new, yes. Some are old. Many are unused. They feel "innocent" though - I stood there in front of them, and felt their energy being all like "what? What's up?"

My cat sleeps in that room rather a lot, and normally cats do not like negative spirits - and she is not a negative cat. I don't know if she sleeps there to protect us, or what...

I find I know little about this kind of thing. I will go check out your thread, thanks for that, Aunty!

Milfoil

I've sent you a PM Padma.

Yes there are things you can do, a little more than you have tried so far.

:)

Millie

zannamarie

I was going to suggest setting the dogs on them as I wondered how the animals reacted in there. Forgot about your cat. It is odd that she doesn't seem perturbed, but my first thought was to put the younger dogs in there to see how they react. See if they can 'sniff out' what the issue might be.

Aunty Anthea

I have suggested to several spirits to go where they belong and always with love :love:

A pentagram drawn on the closet door will help to keep it away

Where I came from, in the east of England, most of the older houses had pentagrams carved on all the window and door frames })

A pentagram must be drawn without taking the pen from the closet (paper) in one continues line like this, does not work if you lift the pen from the writing surface })