Help required to banish a presence

Padma

I've sent you a PM Padma.

Yes there are things you can do, a little more than you have tried so far.

:)

Millie

Thanks so much, Milfoil! :love:

I was going to suggest setting the dogs on them as I wondered how the animals reacted in there. Forgot about your cat. It is odd that she doesn't seem perturbed, but my first thought was to put the younger dogs in there to see how they react. See if they can 'sniff out' what the issue might be.

That is not a bad idea, either! I can try :) thanks, Zannamarie!

I have suggested to several spirits to go where they belong and always with love :love:

A pentagram drawn on the closet door will help to keep it away

Where I came from, in the east of England, most of the older houses had pentagrams carved on all the window and door frames })

A pentagram must be drawn without taking the pen from the closet (paper) in one continues line like this, does not work if you lift the pen from the writing surface })

That was a cool little video, thanks for that! I will try that, as well :) I will use white chalk on the white door.

Thanks to everyone for all your helpful advice! :heart: I will update later...

EmpressArwen

So I doubt this has anything to do with you but this was the last thread I read before I had the vision so thought I would throw it out there as it means nothing to me??

I was standing in a room, all I remember is a high wooden piece of furniture...I want to say a book shelf but my gut is saying that is wrong...a glossy, wooden, high backed....something. lol I know, very specific, huh. :rolleyes: Seemed like you could store something in it...so total guess is a high backed antique desk?? Anyway, It was near a closet door...I smelt something burning, like a pipe or cigar. I thought, "what is that? Someone is smoking but it's kind of sweet smelling...probably a pipe or cigar." and then I heard an old man cough and say in a raspy smoker's voice "It's a CIGARETTE!" all pissed off like...well, excuse me! Still, didn't smell like any cigarette I've ever been around. I only caught a glimpse of this guy...very old...very wrinkled...grumpy looking but not malicious.

I was also shown a beefy guy...muscley. lol He kind of poked his head in the room and sniffed like he was smelling something too...said something (can't remember what) and flipped off the light and left.

I didn't recognize any of this from my life...no idea who the meaty/muscley guy was...or the old craggy spirit guy. Probably has nothing to do with you but thought I'd throw it out there. I hate it when I swoop into places and don't know where I am or why I'm there. lol

ravenest

Thanks for that, too, Disa! :) I never would have thought to smudge the stones, as well...

I am also trying to understand why it has such a hate on for me that it wants to smother me! I think what is actually happening is a psychic attack of some kind, as it feels like a weight on my chest, prior to the lack of breathing.

I can't find anything obvious that I could be allergic to in there! And it doesn't seem to happen anywhere else in the house, not even when I sleep in the living room below that bedroom.

I wonder if I should remove my tarot cards from there...? :confused:

If I had a dollar for every woman that I heard this experience from - specifically - the weight on the chest.

You know that famous painting ' The Nightmare' ? Also :

" Love unrequited, robs me of me rest,
Love, hopeless love, my ardent soul encumbers,
Love, nightmare like, *** lies heavy of me chest ***
And weaves itself into my midnight slumbers.

and for hubby a bit further into the song :

For your brain is on fire, the bed-clothes conspire of
Usual slumber to plunder you:
First your counter-pane goes, and uncovers your toes,
And your sheet slips demurely from under you;

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/toddrundgren/lordchancellorsnightmaresong.html

- I am going for an 'externalisation' here, as if it wasnt - why dont the visitors feel uncomfortable there ?

Did you tell hubby about what you felt before he slept in there ?

Padma

So I doubt this has anything to do with you but this was the last thread I read before I had the vision so thought I would throw it out there as it means nothing to me??

I was standing in a room, all I remember is a high wooden piece of furniture...I want to say a book shelf but my gut is saying that is wrong...a glossy, wooden, high backed....something. lol I know, very specific, huh. :rolleyes: Seemed like you could store something in it...so total guess is a high backed antique desk?? Anyway, It was near a closet door...I smelt something burning, like a pipe or cigar. I thought, "what is that? Someone is smoking but it's kind of sweet smelling...probably a pipe or cigar." and then I heard an old man cough and say in a raspy smoker's voice "It's a CIGARETTE!" all pissed off like...well, excuse me! Still, didn't smell like any cigarette I've ever been around. I only caught a glimpse of this guy...very old...very wrinkled...grumpy looking but not malicious.

I was also shown a beefy guy...muscley. lol He kind of poked his head in the room and sniffed like he was smelling something too...said something (can't remember what) and flipped off the light and left.

I didn't recognize any of this from my life...no idea who the meaty/muscley guy was...or the old craggy spirit guy. Probably has nothing to do with you but thought I'd throw it out there. I hate it when I swoop into places and don't know where I am or why I'm there. lol

That is REALLY interesting, Arwen! I will check it out when I attempt communication. I have met one person who used to live here, he is 30-something, a bit creepy, and thin. But the son of the people who rented the house to us is a bit beef-cake ;)

I need to take your words and thoughts with me when I enter the room next, to see if it fits with anything I feel or hear...thanks for that! :)

PS I did read about your midnight pee'er...! Good luck with that!

Padma

If I had a dollar for every woman that I heard this experience from - specifically - the weight on the chest.

You know that famous painting ' The Nightmare' ? Also :

" Love unrequited, robs me of me rest,
Love, hopeless love, my ardent soul encumbers,
Love, nightmare like, *** lies heavy of me chest ***
And weaves itself into my midnight slumbers.

and for hubby a bit further into the song :

For your brain is on fire, the bed-clothes conspire of
Usual slumber to plunder you:
First your counter-pane goes, and uncovers your toes,
And your sheet slips demurely from under you;

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/toddrundgren/lordchancellorsnightmaresong.html

- I am going for an 'externalisation' here, as if it wasnt - why dont the visitors feel uncomfortable there ?

Did you tell hubby about what you felt before he slept in there ?

Hahaha! I am not so sure I harbour any unrequited love for anyone. Hubs and I not at our best right now, but it was always a rather partnership/friend love, not a hunka-hunka-burning love kinda love.

Interesting verses! Thanks for those, I always enjoy the poetry you leave lying about the place! ;)

Also interesting that you have heard women oft complain of the smothering of the lungs, the weight on the chest. Unless you were making an obscure joke there... })

Husband knew the room gave me breathing problems, but is was he who spoke and complained of the presence in there, not me.

Thanks for your thoughts!

ravenest

No ... not an obscure joke, check that painting I mentioned and there are various other similar depictions with women and things sitting on the chest going back hundreds and hundreds of years ( but, as you know I cant post link to the pics ) also it appears in modern accounts of anything from 'haunting' to 'night terrors' .

Swap ' unrequited love' for any other psychic, emotion or unconscious disturbance ( eg. the last could even be a ' geological energy '. Especially if in one part of the house and not another. *

First step, is diagnosis. Find the cause. Dowsing can be good for this.

* I did a little workshop on this with a woman dowser. Someone complained of similar sleep disturbance, but only in one room, the garden was dowsed and a negative energy line was found that ran across the yard and under one corner of the house. The dowser asked what was on top of it and the woman said, that is right where my bed is. She liked the room and spot and preferred not to move, so we hammered in three hollow copper pipes into the line a bit out from either side of it from the house. It then dowsed clear inside and the bed and room felt the same as the others.

But again, it could be for a variety of reasons , find the cause first. (one of my discomforts was due to the pillows in different rooms having a very subtle ,near unconscious, change in smell. It took me AGES to figure that out ... and why the smells reacted me they way they did. That was a simple solution ... take the pillow with me .

Debra

The artist is Fuseli.

If you have asthma, Padma, you might skip the burning sage. I'd haul everything out into the sunlight, wash all the fabrics, scrub the room from top to bottom, and bless with water and salt. Good luck! ♥

Padma

No ... not an obscure joke, check that painting I mentioned and there are various other similar depictions with women and things sitting on the chest going back hundreds and hundreds of years ( but, as you know I cant post link to the pics ) also it appears in modern accounts of anything from 'haunting' to 'night terrors' .

Swap ' unrequited love' for any other psychic, emotion or unconscious disturbance ( eg. the last could even be a ' geological energy '. Especially if in one part of the house and not another. *

First step, is diagnosis. Find the cause. Dowsing can be good for this.

* I did a little workshop on this with a woman dowser. Someone complained of similar sleep disturbance, but only in one room, the garden was dowsed and a negative energy line was found that ran across the yard and under one corner of the house. The dowser asked what was on top of it and the woman said, that is right where my bed is. She liked the room and spot and preferred not to move, so we hammered in three hollow copper pipes into the line a bit out from either side of it from the house. It then dowsed clear inside and the bed and room felt the same as the others.

But again, it could be for a variety of reasons , find the cause first. (one of my discomforts was due to the pillows in different rooms having a very subtle ,near unconscious, change in smell. It took me AGES to figure that out ... and why the smells reacted me they way they did. That was a simple solution ... take the pillow with me .

I did go look at the painting - interesting that there is always a demon of some kind sat upon the woman's chest, in any of the versions I saw. That was why I thought it was a psychic attack - I have heard of them, but this was the first time I have suffered them.

I had taken my own pillows to the room...! But that is a valid consideration.

I don't know how to dowse, but I can see how this house may be on dark or bad ley lines...

Padma

The artist is Fuseli.

If you have asthma, Padma, you might skip the burning sage. I'd haul everything out into the sunlight, wash all the fabrics, scrub the room from top to bottom, and bless with water and salt. Good luck! ♥

Thanks, Debra! That is good advice as well :) I will do that.

I was also going to get some essential oil sage spray from Whole Foods...though I already sprayed everywhere with the lavender one. :)

Funny thing, the only time I suffer asthma attacks is in this one room, or if I am trapped in a small space - like a car, for instance, or a bathroom - with a wet animal. I am allergic to my dogs when they are wet, for some reason! But they are normally dry, barring walks in the rain, and they seldom enter that room, anyways. Oh and, burning incense also gives me attacks, hence why I can't burn the sage. I was just going to wave the sage about, unlit...Well spotted, Debra! ;)

SunsetKay

Curious as to how this is going for you.

I've heard stories of this growing up... Folktales, I guess... about spirits that torment your sleep, and only ever your sleep. A large part of my education came in the form of folktales which were handed down and is (I guess) why I'm mentioning it. Obviously not to be taken seriously in this case though, but in these stories, the spirit doesn't ever leave until it gets to communicate the message that it came to give. If this were one of my stories, it would be trying to show you something in that room. Lol.