Help required to banish a presence

Barleywine

There is a group of researchers and investigators here in New Hampshire called the Conscious Spirit Paranormal Group. They travel around New England and beyond visiting sites of "spirit disturbances" (for lack of a better term). They have a Facebook page and you might pick up some additional insights there.

MandMaud

Well...I don't love the idea of speaking to it, but I do find communication flows better if it is a two-way street :)
I agree; I was thinking about being absolutely clear what is MUST HAPPEN and what is WOULD LIKE. Getting your point across is a must, whereas learning what it is and/or what it wants is only a would-like. :)

, and all of those people who tell you "well, all you really need to make sure you don't do is NOT use a Ouija Board" are nutcases:
Mistaken is one thing - nutcase is a different thing. Sorry, Iaconagraphy, but be careful with strong language. :)

Even if it's NOT a negative spirit or entity with which you're dealing, I'd still move your Tarot, just to be on the safe.
Agreed. Nothing to lose by moving it till this is over and done with. :)

attempting to sleep in the room are very much in line with the "Hag Effect", aka Sleep Paralysis (which is likely why someone else pointed you towards The Nightmare painting and song). Many people's "paranormal experiences" can be chalked up to Sleep Paralysis, which can feel very much the same as a psychic attack. You might want to further research that.
It can feel like a psychic attack, but asthma isn't very like sleep paralysis - though the panic of that wuold easily trigger asthma - and tossing and turning (of Padma's husband) definitely isn't sleep paralysis.

you would attempt to BALANCE what you've done to anger them by appealing to their energy (

This reminds me: it is well worth determining, if possible, whether the negativity is intended by this being or not. Could be a well-meaning being, but incompatible as it were.

Iaconagraphy

Sorry about the term "nutcase".....I'm Southern. We talk like that. lol

MandMaud brings up an excellent point here:

This reminds me: it is well worth determining, if possible, whether the negativity is intended by this being or not. Could be a well-meaning being, but incompatible as it were.

Although my gut--for what it's worth--says something that is doing what this appears to be doing probably means it.....(that's certainly been my experience with this sort of thing.) I mean, a lot depends on whether you're actually getting the sensation of being held down/physically accosted before the ensuing asthma attacks, and before the tossing and turning, in the case of your husband. If you are NOT having that happen, then it could be a case of "seriously freaked out energy" (on behalf of the entity itself) is leading you to freak out--never underestimate the power of empathy!

Padma

There is a group of researchers and investigators here in New Hampshire called the Conscious Spirit Paranormal Group. They travel around New England and beyond visiting sites of "spirit disturbances" (for lack of a better term). They have a Facebook page and you might pick up some additional insights there.

Alas, I shall never be a member of Facebook. :p too public a space for me! But I will see if they have a webpage.

@Iaconagraphy,NO WAY am I ever touching a Ouija board, no thanks! I will defs move my cards out, though. Such a freaking small house, however, and so few places to put them.

And yeah, "nutcase" is not a good term to bandy about here on the forum!

I definitely feel the presence is an old man, someone who used to live here. I have already placed crystals in the room, but I feel that all they are doing is place-holding, so to speak, till I can get in there and really cleanse the place. I was going to smudge today, but lack of time prevents, tomorrow is housework day so I will do it then.

It was interesting to hear of the elementals, though. Having a strong earth element presence myself, I can relate! And they are not all negative...

Also, I never felt held down or restrained, nor did husband - I just felt a weight in my chest, and an inability to breathe, such as one experiences in an asthma attack. :)

@Aunty, thanks, very kind of you to help :)

Padma

Sorry about the term "nutcase".....I'm Southern. We talk like that. lol

MandMaud brings up an excellent point here:

Although my gut--for what it's worth--says something that is doing what this appears to be doing probably means it.....(that's certainly been my experience with this sort of thing.) I mean, a lot depends on whether you're actually getting the sensation of being held down/physically accosted before the ensuing asthma attacks, and before the tossing and turning, in the case of your husband. If you are NOT having that happen, then it could be a case of "seriously freaked out energy" (on behalf of the entity itself) is leading you to freak out--never underestimate the power of empathy!

That is an interesting take, thanks for that! It "felt right" - as in,I can see it being a freaked out presence...

Aunty Anthea

Hi Padma

Have you solved your problem yet?

I am sure that we are all interested to know how you are getting on :)

Have you tried a good old-fashioned 'Witches Ball'? They do remove negative energy, spirits and passing witches - so I will not be flying past your home any time :joke:

Blessings :love:

Padma

Hey :) I will update tomorrow, ok?

Padma

So, I have done the crystals, the chanting, the tarot cards, the sage burning, the scrubbing. I have left a dish of Epsom salts in there, with the remains of the sage wand in it -

I also removed my tarot shelving unit, and in the wall space that freed up, I hung a large and long wall hanging of Lakshmi, Hindu goddess of love, given to me by a friend who does Reiki. It has a very strong presence and effect, and I can feel the power of protection from the Reiki symbols she applied to it. Or maybe, it is just the power of love :)

In any case, I feel the presence is still there, but now it is subdued and contained, as though Lakshmi has trapped it in a bubble.

I haven't slept in there yet, nor has husband, we both are wary of having that experience again, but in any case, it does feel cleaner and far more peaceful upstairs now, so the rearranging of some furniture and decks, plus all the cleansing, seems to have made for better Feng Shui.

:)

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions, and for caring! :love:

MandMaud

Glad it worked! Well, if you do need to sleep in there again, we'll be interested :) but it sounds fine now.

Epsom salts - because cleansing, or anti-fire (smouldering sage)? Does it put out fire? (I know nothing. ;))