Books We Actually Use

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Resident

Eternus Discipulus 

I rely on Mann's Elements, and Pollack's 78 Degrees. Anything by Eden Grey is good too.
Top   #31
Citizen

chongjasmine 

For me, it is Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis
and
complete idiot's guide to tarot.
Top   #32
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 

My most used book is Mary Greer's Tarot Reversals. It has both upright and reversed meanings and imo provides the range of meanings I want. I also occasionally refer to 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card by Greer as well.
Top   #33
Resident

SpiritualLight 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta View Post
My most used book is Mary Greer's Tarot Reversals. It has both upright and reversed meanings and imo provides the range of meanings I want. I also occasionally refer to 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card by Greer as well.
Can you recommend this book if one needs to get deeper meanings to the tens in the minor arcana and how they connect to the aces and the wheel of fortune?

Or another book, maybe?

Thank you in advance.

/tarot-novice.
Top   #34
Sad Oracle

danieljuk 

When I was starting out, I relied so much on Biddy Tarot's The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings ebook. It helped me grasp the cards and the reversals. I also bought the ebook versions of Thirteen's meanings on here and a few other reference books as well!

I referred to Biddy's book probably the most, but these days I am going off in my own direction and have my own take. But it was very important in my learning and a great reference
Top   #35

Citizen

jema 

When I started doing tarot I had not a single book. Simply didn't know there were any. These days I think I might have more books then decks.

A book read and pondered upon is a book used.
I might not keep it close at hand as a reference, but good books stay with you in your mind.
The latest little treasure is Camelia Elias book on TdM. So good!
Top   #36
Aspiring Mystical Crone

Tanga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta View Post
Ditto this one.
Top   #37
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Obviously The Thoth "set"- DuQuette, Snuffin, Book of Thoth.

But for other decks - I am amazed at how indispensible I find Rachel Pollock's Tarot Wisdom. Everyone refers to 78 Degress of Wisdom but Tarot Wisdom engages me much more and I love rereading the 3 or 4 pages on a card sometimes to remember all the conceivable dimensions.

Also, sometimes I like to consult the quickfire meanings found in Tarot Plain & Simple. It's great if you're scratching your head over a card position and there's often something in those torrents of divinatory meanings which gives me an unusual perspective
Top   #38
Citizen

Freddie 

Qabalistic Tarot - Wang

Tarot Talismans - Cicero

Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg - Cynthia Giles

Pictorial key to the Tarot - Arthur Edward Waite

Freddie
Top   #39
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

Thanks for the excellent input! Although I have quite a few of those mentioned, there are several I've added to my wish-list. I agree that the best books "stay with you in your mind." For example, much of the Book of Thoth has a permanent home in my memory, but I still like to dig out the exact wording to recapture the "flavor" and flesh out the meaning. I often read books through twice over a few months to fix them in my head. (But the Book of Thoth would require the memory banks of a super-computer )

Right now it looks like I'll be going for Snuffin's Thoth book, Tarot Plain and Simple, Greer's Tarot Reversals (since reversals have been such a hot topic here) and probably Tarot Wisdom (to see if I find it more usefull than Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom). Also a book on decan associations, Coppock or Louis most likely.
Top   #40
Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.