Crystal balls in pools of water?

earthair

I've been experimenting with putting clear quartz crystal balls in different colour dishes of water- silver, gold, black and clear glass so far. Just enough water so it comes up to the bottom 3rd of ball. The gold bottomed dish produced some absolutely beautiful colours and light around the ball. I don't think I can go back to using them without water now, they would seem to be missing a whole extra level :)

silviannes

I've been experimenting with putting clear quartz crystal balls in different colour dishes of water- silver, gold, black and clear glass so far. Just enough water so it comes up to the bottom 3rd of ball. The gold bottomed dish produced some absolutely beautiful colours and light around the ball. I don't think I can go back to using them without water now, they would seem to be missing a whole extra level :)

This sounds incredible! When I get a ball, I will put mine in water.... Have you done scrying with the ball in water?

earthair

Have you done scrying with the ball in water?

Yes, and meditation :) With the light shimmering though the ball and water, there's a lot of slightly changing detail/movement to keep your mind focused, a bit like candles.

Barleywine

Nice idea! Now you've got me wondering what would happen with a colored, cut-glass bowl, what all those facets might produce along with the color. I've found the ball I want, just have to buy it.

Tanga

That is a COOL idea...
Only just got a small clear quartz (almost - it has an inclusion) ball.
Never much been attracted to the clear crystal ones, so I have other ones.
Now of course... hmm... what sort of coloured bowls do I actually have...

:) My cat will assume it's a new drinking vessel for her. :joke:

Barleywine

That is a COOL idea...
Only just got a small clear quartz (almost - it has an inclusion) ball.
Never much been attracted to the clear crystal ones, so I have other ones.
Now of course... hmm... what sort of coloured bowls do I actually have...

:) My cat will assume it's a new drinking vessel for her. :joke:

Maybe she will just react the way these cats do! :D

https://youtu.be/UMTlwkZOO7w

Victoria's Finest

Great idea, thanks earthair!

Padma

Really - it IS a great idea! I must try it with my clear ball, that has never yielded images for me! No doubt the water and colour will help!

ETA Barleywine, good idea about cut crystal bowl!

earthair

Maybe she will just react the way these cats do! :D

https://youtu.be/UMTlwkZOO7w

OMG I literally choked on my breakfast watching that I was laughing so hard! :joke:

reminds me of this clear sphere garden fountain...Its very drool worthy. http://www.allisonarmour.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/garden-aqualens.jpg

YES!!!! :D wow... I have to make one...

I should also mention that the photo Amsonia posted shows how it's important to keep the surface of the ball covered in a film of water. I keep sprinkling drops down on it with my hand.