Update on my spiritual path

WolfyJames

I've been Wiccan for 15 years and I was in a coven for a decade and I really loved it. I've had interets in Druidry so I bought the bardic course of OBOD years ago but never really found the time to study it. My coven dissolved quite recently which has left me a bit homeless. I'm not abandoning being Wiccan, I just want to learn something that seems really interesting, and add it as a layer to my current wiccan path. So I've decided to focus on my druidry studies for now.

Starshower

Hi there and a warm welcome from a semi-ex OBOD-ie. :)
Many OBOD members are also, or have been, Wiccan. Both new 'religions' were born and developed in the mid-20th century from the same background sources: Freemasonry /the Golden Dawn / Theosophy / Rosicrucianism ... loosely speaking, different interpretations & presentations of a basically neo-Gnostic understanding. So it won't be a fundamental change for you. :) Some forms of practice are more formally organised than others; eg some forms of Wicca have lots more rules & regulations and rigid initiations than Druidry, which contains a far more varied & ever-changing variety of homespun ceremonies, rituals, Grove meetings etc.
I used to know the 'Chosen Chief' / re-creator of modern neo-druidry & his family when I was a member, from many Order meetings, Glastonbury Assemblies & Eisteddfods, workshops, week-long Lughnasadh camps etc & he gave many talks about it all. It has changed & developed and grown hugely since I joined in 1999, and the course has changed too.
Sending you many good wishes & bright blessings on this new turn in your journey! :) /l\

ps I suppose you know that Philip & Stephanie Carr-Gomm & co were / are Wiccan too - hence calling their tarot deck the "DruidCraft"!

WolfyJames

ps I suppose you know that Philip & Stephanie Carr-Gomm & co were / are Wiccan too - hence calling their tarot deck the "DruidCraft"!

I was not aware they were Wiccan as well. I have his Druidcraft Tarot and I find it quite beautiful, to me the best Pagan tarot deck so far. He has also written a book called Druidcraft which combines Druidry and Wicca, I'm reading it right now:

http://www.amazon.com/DruidCraft-Ma...&qid=1448783593&sr=1-1&keywords=9781482769265