Sex Magic(k)

ravenest

Interesting :)
Can I ask then, if sexual energy is all the same, then can inept sex with a nasty person achieve the same magickal results as fabulous sex with a tantric master who looks like George Clooney with a saintly personality?

Could you concentrate on the magical operation while ..... ' magica sexualising ' said George ?

ravenest

If I had a time machine, that is the question I'd put to Crowley!

You dont need a time machine, he has written a lot about that all through his writings in various places.

There are many answers, not just one. And it isnt a practice ( or related practices) that just Crowley did .

*Some* of his 'explorations' seem associated with the 5 M rite of Panchamakara Tantra as practiced by Vamacarins .

(and some .... well, I have an article somewhere on 'magical madness' ..... or - will practicing magick cure you of your psychosis , neurosis, perversion ... etc. IMO NO!

.... enter Israel Regardie trained Magician and psychiatrist ;)

Starri Knytes

Has anyone here done sigil work and tried activating their sigil during orgasm? Or is that not the type of sex magick you are asking about, Earthair?

Here is an essay by Grant Morrison on pop magic, and he gets into signals too. http://disinfo.com/2014/10/pop-magic-grant-morrison/ I own the Disinformation DVD set, and after watching Morrison speak at a conference on it, I jumped right on in, with some great success.
I do sigil work. Creating magick is a process, it can take anywhere from a day to a week to prepare. Focusing on a 3 minute element of spell work is taking the practice completely out of context.

And Yes, It's rewards are beyond compare. ;)

prudence

I do sigil work. Creating magick is a process, it can take anywhere from a day to a week to prepare. Focusing on a 3 minute element of spell work is taking the practice completely out of context.
Oh, dear, no need to take my comments/question out of context. :bugeyed: Rest assured, my approach to magic, including sigil work, is a time-involved, creative process, unlike my approach to typing out a question in order to better understand the focus of an online discussion (i.e. short and to the point). ;)

The link I posted earlier includes a very pragmatic but thorough description of sigil creation and activation. Morrison doesn't mince words and doesn't waste anyone's time speaking in New Age-isms. Through the years I've been practicing magic, I've read a lot of explanations/instructions on sigil creation and activation in texts from a more feminist wicth and/or pagan approach, and none of them were as easy to succesfully utilize as Morrison's. As a side note, none of the witch/pagan based texts to which I am referring, mentioned the option of launching a sigil during orgasm.

:) Now I've had a chance to read it, that Morrison article hits the nail on the head-

"Now, most of us find it difficult at first to maintain the precise Zen-like concentration necessary to work large-scale magic. This concentration can be learned with time and effort but in the meantime, sigils make it easy to sidestep years of training and achieve instant success."

"There are numerous other ways to clear your mind and you can use any of them....Meditation is effective but takes years to learn properly"

So learn! :rolleyes:

I'm finding a lot of magical writing/philosophy assumes the reader can't control their concentration, or meditate for extended periods, but as someone who can, I'm increasingly finding that the more magical clutter I can strip away, the better the magic works.
I'm glad you found the link helpful. I am able to meditate, but I can also get myself into the "zone" using other techniques. As for sigil work, I think I have had equal success results-wise when I've activated a sigil using techniques other than those involving orgasm, but it's still fun to try all of the available avenues. ;)

Starri Knytes

Oh, dear, no need to take my comments/question out of context. :bugeyed: Rest assured, my approach to magic, including sigil work, is a time-involved, creative process, unlike my approach to typing out a question in order to better understand the focus of an online discussion (i.e. short and to the point). ;)

The link I posted earlier includes a very pragmatic but thorough description of sigil creation and activation. Morrison doesn't mince words and doesn't waste anyone's time speaking in New Age-isms. Through the years I've been practicing magic, I've read a lot of explanations/instructions on sigil creation and activation in texts from a more feminist wicth and/or pagan approach, and none of them were as easy to succesfully utilize as Morrison's. As a side note, none of the witch/pagan based texts to which I am referring, mentioned the option of launching a sigil during orgasm.

If it hadn't been for your post I likely wouldn't have responded at all. :))

I don't often speak of the inner workings of magick, especially not in open forums. I'm kind of old school that way.

There are a lot misconceptions here, many misguided responses. Especially where the practice of tantric sex is concerned. It's not just hot, uninhibited sex with a gymnast for a partner and a wish kids. ;)

Honesty, I didn't open the link before I responded yesterday, and wouldn't say that I totally agreed with 100% of what was there, but there were some accuracies. Those who are sincere will find their truth, and those who are not will move on to the next "In Thing". Such is the Internet.

I don't particularly subscribe to Pagan or Wiccan beliefs so couldn't speak to their practices. Much of what I do is like muscle memory. It comes from practicing magick over many lifetimes. It's as natural as breathing.

Tanga

"There are numerous other ways to clear your mind and you can use any of them....Meditation is effective but takes years to learn properly"

Does it?... Why don't we just have "instant enlightenment NOW - sweet, fast and sexy" please.
Lol.
(I've not read it yet).

So learn! :rolleyes:

*Rolls eyes too. :)

If it hadn't been for your post I likely wouldn't have responded at all. :))

I don't often speak of the inner workings of magick, especially not in open forums. I'm kind of old school that way.

What's new? :heart:
As you can see - I'm firmly "new school" - though of course I was taught from old school.

There are a lot misconceptions here, many misguided responses. Especially where the practice of tantric sex is concerned. It's not just hot, uninhibited sex with a gymnast for a partner and a wish kids. ;)

I should bl**** well hope not! :joke:

I don't particularly subscribe to Pagan or Wiccan beliefs so couldn't speak to their practices. Much of what I do is like muscle memory. It comes from practicing magick over many lifetimes. It's as natural as breathing.

Well - I don't remember my past ones and so can't comment (says the Wiccan) - but I'm with you on the "somatic memory" and "natural as breathing" now. Which I arrived at with practice and personal growth in this life.

:)

Zephyros

It saddens me that people don't want to, or feel they can't discuss this on open forums (even the more private areas like Spirituality). The whole notion of secret knowledge which is kept from the light of day and open discussion saddens me more, because the type of energies we are discussing are boundless and so interconnected.

It isn't necessarily a question of secret knowledge. These experiences are by their nature private affairs, not only physically but also spiritually and emotionally. It could be that describing them in words not only doesn't convey them, but may also cheapen them. Many writers have written of their experiences but not everyone is a teacher or has the inclination to be.