MAGIC(K) - A spell that worked...if you like

celticnoodle

Dammit! I was hoping I wouldn't have to slave through figuring out how to use a different photo storage system on my computer... those photo's are on a "private" board on Pin Interest - because I didn't want the whole world to see... but ahh obviously I still don't know how that works...
Well - this will have to wait for a while. I'm rubbish at techie stuff and don't enjoy it either.
:) :)
:laugh: no problem! the descriptions are fine. :)

So Sorry. HERE'S A DESCRIPTION OF THE SECTIONS:
Basically it's photographs of sections of a poster-sized collage. All pieces cut out of magazines and glued to it. Some words are cut out. Some words I wrote myself -

Glamarous occasions - A group of bellydancers posing, and an ornate statue.
Me Time - A meditating body on a cushion - I cut my head off a photo and stuck it on the body.
:laugh: this last one gave me a giggle. I should do this too. I will have to look for a very slender and beautiful body though. after all--it IS a dream board! ;) :p

Work is Play - Those words, plus a cartoon lady blowing a large balloon.
Safe - The word, below two yellow rubber duckies (those bath time ones).
The Familiar - A fluffy black cat in a loungy pose.
Confidence, Vitality, Health - A picture of a slim Sophie Okonedo (A mixed-race actress. Like myself, being half black and half white.) in a green dress, a picture of yoga and exercise in progress, a side profile with "confidence" scrolled across the brain part.
Neighbourhood Priest - A longhaired man on the left with fiery light glowing from his right hand - and a cartoon witch on a broomstick (representing me :) ) on the right.
:) ah, okay. thank you for spelling it all out for me. It sounds rather nice. :)

Pretty cool!!! :cool2:

I did exactly the same for the house we live in now... All in my head.
We also talked about it out-loud - between myself, my husband and my mother who lives with us.
My bother found the house for us on-line and it hadn't been up on sale for very long (would have been snapped up pretty sharpish otherwise.). It was the 2nd house we looked at on the same estate in the same day (And that's ALL the house shopping that we actually did) and we put an offer in immediately. All went smoothly.
So - it's in the city, but is next to a large park. It's in a place which has some woodland out back (a tiny bit). If we sit outback, we can almost pretend we're not in the city. It is organised is such a way - that I have my therapy business in the front room by the door - and this does not interfere with the rest of the house and it's occupants.
It has convenient public transport routes to everywhere, with free parking space on the estate, a decent shopping area within walking distance - and the bit that was a wonderful surprise - because it's on a hill with 2 stories, from the top-front we can see over the rooftops into open sky. So - I get to see the stars and the moon, the moods of the weather and amazing sunsets daily - in the city.

wow, that is so funny that you did the same thing and someone else (your brother) actually found in online--like our dau did for us! Such similarities--pretty funny! :)

The bit I didn't factor in - was to imagine that it would have clean building foundations - like new building status.
It's fairly new (60's) - but after several previous owners, cutting corners to re-do and re-patch stuff... there's quite a few things that are wrong if you really peel back the layers. Lol.
(Y'know - pipes that are too narrow, the wrong kind of fitting... x used instead of y. z bit forgotten or substituted cheaply before the whole shebang was put together... etc.).
On the surface it's beautiful (and modern - which suites my tastes) - and it was finished and functional so we could move straight in without building work. We only re-painted the walls.
But, it is a constant work-in-progress to correct all these things.
I love the house however. I hope to never leave it.

:) :) :).
Well, truth be told, the people we purchased from did some similar things. Not with pipes (as far as we know right now....) but they had re-done the bathrooms and the dining room, and they didn't do the ceiling properly. Last year, we had a huge amount of snow--and since we don't live there full time--we didn't get the snow off the roof. The weekend we got up there, we noticed a drip-drip-drip....coming from the ceiling and we realized that the ceiling was so wet. We knew it had to be the snow on the roof melting, and we raked the roof off--however, before long it was a HUGE wet spot on the roof. The people used the wrong stuff to 'seal' the ceiling. :rolleyes: We had to replace a small part of the ceiling, (thank goodness it wasn't the WHOLE ceiling. It didn't take long and really less then $100.00, plus my hubs time. Thank goodness we went up when we did though--or it could've been much worse and also ruined the wood floors!

We love our home too and can't wait to retire there. however, since it is also 1/2 the size of our current home and our current home also has a 4 car garage (LOTS of storage!), I need the next 5yrs. to go through everything and get rid of it all! lol. :D I use to want hubby to retire early. Now, having only another 5 years feels a bit daunting, tbh. :laugh: We are FULL to the brim! I've been giving stuff away like crazy and have a lot more to still go through.

Tanga

:laugh: no problem! the descriptions are fine. :)

:laugh: this last one gave me a giggle. I should do this too. I will have to look for a very slender and beautiful body though. after all--it IS a dream board! ;) :p

EXACTLY. And - you never know.
When I finally gave up belly dancing just nearing my 40s (had to due to problem knees from hyper mobility :( ). I gained a tonne of weight. I fought and fought to get it off, but it only dropped some and then just plateauxed. Never had trouble controlling my weight before...
I figured - maybe this was the metabolism thing finally slowing down?... I gave up trying and decided I'd allow 2 extra kilos and began getting used to that.
Then - when I finally cracked the new low carb diet...
Well - I look as slim as that actress again - and - I'm not working physically as hard as I used to for it. (just have to make sure I behave with my eating :joke:).
There was also a mental personal "Aha!" realisation about my situation that helped lift this whole thing. I guess - I stopped producing the stress hormones that prevent weight loss.

We love our home too and can't wait to retire there. however, since it is also 1/2 the size of our current home and our current home also has a 4 car garage (LOTS of storage!), I need the next 5yrs. to go through everything and get rid of it all! lol. :D I use to want hubby to retire early. Now, having only another 5 years feels a bit daunting, tbh. :laugh: We are FULL to the brim! I've been giving stuff away like crazy and have a lot more to still go through.

:joke: :joke: :joke:
I am ahh... a rather large magpie myself.
REALLY need to declutter, :angel:
My plan originally was to eBay some of it (for example I have some belly dancing stuff that's good - some of it never even worn). But - its the time and hassle to get that organised.
Perhaps - it will just all go into the charity shop bag... (that's really sacrilege though for some of my stuff!).

Thank goodness you caught the snow early for your house. :)

I need my next dream story board to have a pristinely decluttered house in it. :D
(working on that now actually).

tarotlova

The home was also envisioned in my mind as a 'move in home'--and it was. This is really the first home we ever purchased that was a move in ready home. (this is our 4th purchased home in our lives).

When I finally gave up belly dancing just nearing my 40s (had to due to problem knees from hyper mobility :( ). I gained a tonne of weight. I fought and fought to get it off, but it only dropped some and then just plateauxed. Never had trouble controlling my weight before...
I figured - maybe this was the metabolism thing finally slowing down?... I gave up trying and decided I'd allow 2 extra kilos and began getting used to that.
Well - I look as slim as that actress again - and - I'm not working physically as hard as I used to for it. (just have to make sure I behave with my eating :joke:).
There was also a mental personal "Aha!" realisation about my situation that helped lift this whole thing. I guess - I stopped producing the stress hormones that prevent weight loss.

Oh do tell of this diet! I went to a dietitian as I now have high blood pressure & cholesterol and she told me my diet wasn't bad I just need to eat more of a variety of fruit & veg which I will do when we move into our new home.

I wonder CN our new home will be our fourth and last home (is 4 a magical number?!) and it has everything I and my husband have ever wanted, we too want to buy a boat as it is by the sea just a small one. I tried a Dusty White technique where I made a mandala of Tarot cards on what I wanted to achieve which was this house, so I made a circle of cards and then took a photo and placed it as a desktop picture on my computer and looked at it everyday visualizing getting a home loan to buy a house. Well it happened and everything went so smoothly and it is going up so quickly that I can't believe it. I had never tried doing it this way before as I always did spells before and do the forgetting thing too once I cast them. Which I have not done in many years as truly I have all I want in life, but, we really wanted our own home again and it is the same amount each week we pay on our rent now so that was a nice surprise. I am loving the bottle idea, I have done a banishing one to keep my husbands ex wife from interfering with us well over 12 years ago now and that worked, it is buried in our old homes garden and I often thought if it gets dug up what would the new owner think! :joke:

celticnoodle

Yes, I know belly dancing is a very good way to lose weight and stay in shape. I went to college with a woman who was a belly dancer. She was really good too! So, since I couldn't afford the belly dancing classes myself, either my sister or I (I forget now) invested in a belly dancing 'class' on VHS tape. She and I were determined we were going to learn this and both lose weight in the process. Well, that lasted only a few tries. We'd end up roaring with laughter at ourselves and each other, it obviously just wasn't for us. :D But, I do admire anyone who is able to stick with it and do this. It can be really a beautiful dance to watch and I do enjoy that--but I'll never try it again. :laugh:

:joke: :joke: :joke:
I am ahh... a rather large magpie myself.
REALLY need to declutter, :angel:
My plan originally was to eBay some of it (for example I have some belly dancing stuff that's good - some of it never even worn). But - its the time and hassle to get that organised.
Perhaps - it will just all go into the charity shop bag... (that's really sacrilege though for some of my stuff!).[/quote]

Yes, I thought about having a large garage sale and try to make a bit of spending money by selling it. Then, I remembered the last garage sale the hubby & I had many, many years ago....that was it! What I had gone through and realized was good - I bagged up and donated. We donated A LOT of stuff. But, we still have a lot more to go through and I haven't even looked in our attic yet....:eek:

I am going to give a lot of our furniture to our nephew and his wife though. They purchased a good sized home--and dont have a lot of furniture. We have way too much furniture and not a lot of home in the new place. :laugh: So, I told them they could have it when we are ready to get rid of it--IF they help us with the move. :D (this nephew helped us before--and I know he will help again--so its a good way to pay him back). But, our living room furniture will probably go to our sister. We always give her our living room furniture when we buy new (which we already did buy & is in there--but since we still live also in the farmhouse - we can't get rid of it just yet). Good for us both, that way. :D

Thank goodness you caught the snow early for your house. :)

I need my next dream story board to have a pristinely decluttered house in it. :D
(working on that now actually).

yes, really. We had A LOT of snow on the roof. It was a very snowy year last winter. So, this year, we invested in some heating lines that the hubby attaches before each winter on the roof line--by the gutters. It melts the snow slowly--and the gutters just take it all away. But, he still has to rake the part of the roof where there isn't a gutter... However, this year so far has been very warm and nearly snow free. We may luck out and not have to worry at all. That would be a nice change of pace. :D

Yes, why didn't I think of that!!! I'm going to have to figure out a dream board for that too. Somehow I don't think my visualization would accomplish much. I'd open my eyes and see it all still and may become disheartened. :D

Tanga

Oh do tell of this diet! I went to a dietitian as I now have high blood pressure & cholesterol and she told me my diet wasn't bad I just need to eat more of a variety of fruit & veg which I will do when we move into our new home.

Well now. I can't give exact directions.
I read "The Fast Diet" - which is just about eating less carbohydrates. I don't even remember it in great detail now and what I did was read, and then experiment with my own thing. About 2 days a week (or sometimes a little more) I'll have very little or no carbohydrates for the day. So a piece of protein and a pile of vegetables. The rest of the time normal servings. On some of those days I might eat 2 meals a day - one will be a full meal and the other soup. Maybe a snack on goats cheese, nuts or something else.

Also - I observe the "don't heap your plate, and don't eat until your stuffed" rule - eat until you're almost full - then wait. Most often after the foods landed properly - you don't feel hungry anymore. Also - drink more water, as dehydration often masks itself as hunger.

There's no regular pattern to my 'diet' now - as I've somehow managed to integrate it to the stage of not having to take close note or record.
But for months - it was such a chore! And I thought it would never work.
What helps for me - is if I have a main meal for breakfast. That really evens out the day.
Steak and mixed veg before I get out the door for instance. My blood sugar is a lot more stable for the rest of the day then.

I love veg and have always eaten a lot in variety. Plus - I like my food pretty plain and unsalted (add afterwards if necessary, but never put into the cooking). Fruit less so. Apples, oranges and mangoes (grew up in the tropics)
Grapes are naughty because they're too sweet (I'm sensitive), bananas - my favourite - give me mouth ulcers...

:)

celticnoodle

tarotlova, I believe you and I spoke of "our homes by the water" before. Yes, I also wonder if "4" is the magic number? :D I actually did think of that before you even mentioned it. 4 because I see 4 as a symbol of stability and even as 'home'. :) I think you also shared that circle of cards you posted about here with me when we were speaking of our homes, but didn't you call it something else??? Its kind of coming back to me--but I can't recall what you called it. I think we were discussing this nearly a year ago now...wow. doesn't seem that long ago in a way. :)

My husband has also always wanted a home that is on the water. He uses the water more then I do. I like to sit and just watch it or listen to it. He has to be IN it. I wouldn't mind that myself, IF I had the strength to paddle as far and long as he can--but I can't. Also, I get cold too easily--so sitting on the dock with a blanket is okay--but not being in the kayak in the water. :D So, we each enjoy it in our own way. Its calming and very meditative to us both in a different way. I love to sit out on our dock and meditate by the water, listening to the wildlife all around as I do so. The fish jumping, every now and again, a bullfrog calling out. The ducks and geese, and we've also had deer come quite close to the dock while we were sitting there and 3 baby raccoons scamper across the dock getting a bit close to us--to check us out. They scampered away very quickly though when we turned around and saw them staring at us. :laugh:

We have a lot of wild life there as well as domesticated cats that seem to enjoy our spot too. Not sure if the cats are strays or pets--I originally thought strays, but got close to them a few times, and their fur looks too clean and well kept--so I think they are pets. But, there are 2 different ones that like to sit on our dock or on our rock wall and gaze out into the river as well. :) So sweet!

tarotlova

Manifestation Spread that's what it was! I was to lazy to get up and look in the book case :joke: And yes it was nearly a year ago now :bugeyed: I just got a email to say thet are starting on the ceilings & cornices! I will google that Tanga The Fast Diet and see what comes up! I like having my main meal at lunch but never thought of having it at breaky! :cool2:

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

While all these stories are delightful and it makes some sense, when talking about vision boards, to describe what is being visualized, let's try to keep to the topic, please.

Thanks all,

Zephyros