Numerology: Whether to use the middle name in calculations

Rusty Neon

I was running calculations using trial versions of two of the popular numerology software programs. One of them (program 1) lets you enter your full name but does some of the calculations using only the regularly-used name. The other (program 2) runs all the calculations using all your names but allows you to do a report to see how the actual name you use (e.g., first (or second) given name and last name, first (or second) given name and last name and middle initial, shortened given name and last name) "changes" the vibrational energy of the birth name.

In my case, my full name at birth and the name which I regularly use differ only in that I don't generally use my middle name from my full name except on legal and official documents.

Program 1 used my first and last names to derive what the designers presumably think to be my correctly calculated Soul Urge number, while program 2 used my full name to calculate that number (but would offer to do a report that would indicate the Soul Urge number with the first and last names as a 'change' to the vibrations). Needless to say, the Soul Urge number was different under the two calculations. In my case, it's not a change of name, it's just that people in North America are typically registered with one or more middle names but only use one given name with their surname. Arguably, use of just one given name shouldn't really be considered as change in energy.

What are your views on use of middle name in calculations, or in comparisions of calculations?

Thanks for any replies!

Aura Wolf

Personally I like to experiment with all combinations :D But when I'm doing the serious stuff, I like to use the full name as given at birth. Simply because there is a reason for the name(s) you were given. Sure, there's also a reason for the names you use personally, but the difference is that your full birth name wasn't decided by you, and therefore I find that the numbers/answers derived from it are the ones you really need to know :) But that's just me.

Phoenix Rising

Yes, I use the middle name, as the middle name is always a hidden influence. It certainly does make a difference in calculations.
I understand most numerologist will use the middle name. What you are most often known by will also have a different vibration. How others see you, or how you want them to know you by. the face that you put on, so to speak.

Astraea

My understanding, as well, is that the middle name is included to gain insight into the total person, whereas the name one customarily uses reflects the persona/personality.

Minderwiz

Both full name and the name you normally go by are important. Some writers argue that the name on your birth certificate is the more powerful influence and any commonly used name is only to be treated as a modifier.

Personally, I'm not so sure that this view is 'true' but the name your parents chose must be considered as at least important, even if you choose to reverse the order.

I think at the very least using both names will give some insight into how you 'change' when you use an alternative name.

purple_scorp

Let me pre-empt this post by saying I am by no means an expert numerologist, although it is something that I've dabbled in.

I kind of liken using middle names in numerology to reading both hands in palm reading (also a dabbling hobby of mine).

One is what you are born with, the other is what you've made of your life.

If you've read any of Linda Goodman's books, she actually suggests that you use the name that has the best vibrational qualities for you.

It's interesting isn't it? Some people drop their middle name all together and others simply use the first initial.

And what then of married names versus maiden names???

Great thread.

Cheers

purple_scorp