House fire

Honeysun

Hi!

I woke up about 5 minutes ago. I had a weird dream.

I had a dream that my house was on fire (I didn't see smoke nor the fire itself, but I knew it was happening). Surprisingly, my mother didn't do anything, she was very calm while she was waiting for the firefighters.
I was upstairs, looking for my notes for school. Unfortunately, I couldn't find them. Then I began asking a poltergeist to give them back. Couple minutes later, I found my notes under a pile of clothing. As far as I can remember, I took all of my notes except for Religion (I dislike this subject and I think it's useless).
I went downstairs and told my mom (we were both in the house), she was very happy for me. That's where the dream ended.

MY INTERPRETATION

Well, I care a lot about my education (maybe a little bit obsessed) and I'm studying really hard for my exams.
However, I would like to get some help with these things:

1. Why did I KNOW there was fire, but I didn't see any signs of it? My mom was very calm as well.
Sometimes I think what would I do if there was a real fire in my house, and what items would I pick. I even want to pack my stuff just in case, but I truly hope it never happens.

2. What does a poltergeist mean? I lose stuff in my house almost every day, especially when it comes to my notes and school supplies, because they're all over the place. Could this mean that there's a real poltergeist in my house? But seriously, when I check one place and don't find the item, couple minutes later, when I check the same place again, the item I'm looking for is there.

Any thoughts? :)

danieljuk

About 18 months ago I had a similar dream to you Honeysun and really researched it and so can give what I found and worked out about it back :)

The House as a dream symbol represents us, not our real home. Depending on the house it can reflect us like a really dusty and abandoned house or a mansion with happy children running through out, it all relates to us! When we see our own home, it's our own inner lives and what happens inside is the significant message.

In my dream, I was sleeping in my bedroom on the top floor of my house where I live and at that time (and still today ;) ) I had a lot of clutter and paperwork to deal with. I am always quite disorganised as a person. In my dream the house caught fire whilst I slept and realised it was on fire and got out of bed, I got all my other family members and pets and anything very important and left the house. No one was hurt or injured and I felt happy at the end of the dream. Everything had burnt to ash and it was a new start! A transformation! I found researching it that it does represent transformation coming, it is giving up or purging the old. I didn't need any of those things that burnt away, I was left with what was important.

I was worried about my dream about the house fire but actually analysing it reassured me, it wasn't literal!

So taking this to your dream, I think it's about anxiety / stress and inner transformation. You are working out what is important! It is important to study in the subjects you really care about. I went to a religious school and was forced to take religion as an exam when I was 16, my friends in other schools had that as an option but I also didn't really care for it and put more effort into my other subjects! It wasn't my priority and I think this dream shows what are your priorities!

some interesting things about your dream, like my dream where I felt positive and happy at the end (not sad that it had burnt down), you met your Mom downstairs and she was happy. Perhaps you want to make yourself and her happy with doing well in the subjects you are studying. Maybe you want to be praised for the work you are putting in to them! Only some of your house burnt, your area and everyone was safe. Also I saw the flames in my dream but you did not. It happened but you did not know about it. I think this might represent that you might not realise that people are noticing you studying hard in those subjects but also you might not notice you are transforming as person in your inner you! You are purging the past without realising it maybe :)

The Poltergeist who is obstructing saving your study papers. What an interesting symbol well if you have a Poltergeist annoying you, you can't control it! You couldn't control if you rescued those papers or not, it was just luck that you managed to find them. The Poltergeist represents uncontrollable obstacles getting in the way of your life path and that is always going to happen in our lives and we have to work out a way to deal with it!

This is just my take on it and just some ideas but I do think it's a symbol of transformation from the past and maybe learning to deal with obstacles in your way that you can't control! We need to move on from our past selves and we can't control the future, we just have to live it as it comes :)

StaceySue2U

Hi!

I woke up about 5 minutes ago. I had a weird dream.

I had a dream that my house was on fire (I didn't see smoke nor the fire itself, but I knew it was happening). Surprisingly, my mother didn't do anything, she was very calm while she was waiting for the firefighters.
I was upstairs, looking for my notes for school. Unfortunately, I couldn't find them. Then I began asking a poltergeist to give them back. Couple minutes later, I found my notes under a pile of clothing. As far as I can remember, I took all of my notes except for Religion (I dislike this subject and I think it's useless).
I went downstairs and told my mom (we were both in the house), she was very happy for me. That's where the dream ended.

MY INTERPRETATION

Well, I care a lot about my education (maybe a little bit obsessed) and I'm studying really hard for my exams.
However, I would like to get some help with these things:

1. Why did I KNOW there was fire, but I didn't see any signs of it? My mom was very calm as well.
Sometimes I think what would I do if there was a real fire in my house, and what items would I pick. I even want to pack my stuff just in case, but I truly hope it never happens.

2. What does a poltergeist mean? I lose stuff in my house almost every day, especially when it comes to my notes and school supplies, because they're all over the place. Could this mean that there's a real poltergeist in my house? But seriously, when I check one place and don't find the item, couple minutes later, when I check the same place again, the item I'm looking for is there.

Any thoughts? :)

A poltergeist comes from a person with very strong emotions, usually a child but not always. A poltergeist is not "in a house." It's more like "you have a poltergeist." The way I understand it, a person's emotions become so strong that they become a physical force that causes things to happen. So - you exercised the power of your emotions and found the homework yourself.

I know a person who had a poltergeist as an adult. She'd been through a lot of trauma and had extreme fear and anxiety. She thought every house she moved into was haunted because "ghosts" were in the houses, knocking things off of walls. She even had a "ghost" in her car that threw things around in the back seat while she was driving. When she finally got control of her fear and anxiety, her "ghosts" went away.

If you have a poltergeist it certainly sounds like a very positive one. You must have some extremely strong positive thoughts and emotions.