Stepping Out of the Past Spread:

Little_Fish

Hello AT!

This is the spread I created when I realised that I needed to look back a little before I could move forwards. In my case I used this spread for the recent (last two months) past, but I think it could be used for any time-frame.

The staircase represents the emotional, intellectual, social and physical steps one must take in order to integrate the past into their future experience, and to banish ruminating thoughts.

I hope you enjoy!

The positions:

*********************10___11
*********************|
****************8 ___9|
*****************|
***********6 ____7|
***********|
******4____5|
******|
2____3|
*|
1|

The meanings:

1) What emotions do I need to let myself feel about the recent past?
2) What emotions do I need to let go of, in order to face the future?
3) What lesson have I learned, that I should take with me into the future?
4) What lesson have I learned, that is harmful or no longer relevant to me?
5) Who or what do I need to forgive?
6) Who or what should I no longer tolerate in the future?
7) What do I need to do now to move on from my past?
8) What do I need to avoid doing right now in order to move on from my past?
9) Where was I when I began this chapter in my life?
10) How have I changed as a result of this chapter in my life?
11) What ultimately should I aspire to gain or learn from this experience?

And here is my own result from the spread, using Lo Scarebo's Tarot of the Pirates:

1) What emotions do I need to let myself feel about the recent past?

10 of Pentacles - a pirate steals a large amount of wealth from a house late at night. This card is great if you're the pirate, but not so much for the homeowner! The feeling here is feeling exploited for your hard work. I should not shrug this off. Everyone deserves a fair deal, but a fair deal can be hard to find if you're not keenly aware of this issue.

2) What emotions do I need to let go of, in order to face the future?

Queen of Wands. My hyper attentiveness and hyper-awareness. These are only useful in short-term periods of stress. In a normal environment they are counter productive.

3) What lesson have I learnt that I should take with me into the future?

Two of Pentacles. A pirate has unearthed some treasure, only be held at knife point by a rival. I should remember that some people are naturally more competitive than cooperative, especially when money is involved.

4) What lesson have I learnt that is harmful or no longer relevant to me?

10 of Swords. While the above is true, it doesn't mean everyone wants to see you walk the plank!

5) Who or what do I need to forgive?

Knight of Wands. I need to forgive some young ones for their "bad" behavior. If the environment was stressful for me, it must have been for them, as well! We are all only human.

6) Who or what should I no longer tolerate in the future?

Six of Swords. Anyone who runs away from their responsibilities, and expects me to pick up the pieces.

7) What do I need to do now to move on from my past?

Four of Swords. Just relax for now and don't make any major decisions yet.

8) What do I need to avoid right now in order to move on from my past?

Three of Pentacles. Don't lay the foundations yet for a new career - now is not the right time.

9) Where was I when I began this chapter in my life?

King of Pentacles reversed. Worried about money. Stubborn and set in my ways.

10) How Have I changed as a result of this chapter in my life?

The Chariot reversed. I am now more patient, and more willing to wait for the right opportunity, rather than chasing one down.

11) What ultimately should I aspire to gain or learn from this experience?

Two of Cups reversed. As long as I am doing right by everyone, I need to stop seeking approval from everyone. It's an impossible standard.

Enlightenment23

Very, very nice spread! I did it and I found it to be very insightful! Thank you :)

Little_Fish

I'm glad you liked it, Enlightenment23!

As for me, I'm waiting for the right time to try your gratitude spread you posted a few days back. I love the idea!