Sudden smell of roses?

Meditarot

Roses signify the past, something old. The who or what may have to do with what you were meditating on, or who was on your mind as you entered meditation.

I've had an experience when visiting a medium event where the person was trying to bring forward messages to the crowd from the deceased.

It wasn't though that I was smelling rose oil, it was like I was actually exhaling it. Every time I exhaled through my nose, I smelled the scent of rose oil. But I didn't actually smell it anywhere in the air. It seemed like it was coming from inside me or that it was straight under my nose. It was weird.

Some minutes later, after the sensation had vanished, the medium had a message for me. The thing is, the message was from an older male (why the scent of roses then?) and the descriptions she gave of him didn't quite seem to fit, though they were somewhat close.

It actually lead me to believe that the woman medium had tried to read me and I felt her presence as the smell of rose oil.

Or perhaps I had sensed the presence of someone who was deceased. Perhaps it was something else which can be explained naturally. It's hard to tell.

Flames

Interesting and fascinating thread!

I love the scent of roses. That wasn't always the case though. The Rose had never been my first choice as a flower...But, over the years, I decided to buy some Rose body spray (which can also be sprayed in a room) because I'd read how good it was for you, how it could help quiet the mind and provide just an overall sense of well being. So fast forward - I'm sitting on the couch and I get a whiff of roses and both my nose and ears perk up because I've run out of rose spray and intended to buy another bottle a month before but for one reason or another, never did. The scent was strong and I know it couldn't have been due to any leftover residue because the rose spray I had wasn't a concentrated oil but diluted or diffused (not sure what the word is) in water - very subtle. In any case, I immediately thought I should go buy some more.

Another time, while sitting on the couch, the scent came over me again. It was so strong. Like Meditarot said, it felt like I was both inhaling and exhaling roses! Though, no rose spray, again. I had run out. So I'm thinking that, for me, it was a reminder to go buy some more. I associate the Rose with Mother Mary and I feel that it was during those times that she was with me and was nudging me to meditate upon her, to remember her, and to keep up with the Rose spray. I spray it on my face, on my body and all around me, in the bedroom, living room, etc. It helps to lift me up and Mother Mary, of course, just naturally comes to mind. Also, I think she was encouraging me to do the rosary again. Initially, it had been a ritual for me but then I gave it up (long story)...

There are other times, too, when it seemed as though the scent would be present during difficult times in my life. It was as if the scent would present itself just as I was falling prey to negative thinking or into despair. It was a reminder to keep my chin up and to remember that there are forces at play I may not always be aware of or privy to...and to trust that all is in good order.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe St.Therese of Lisieux (The Little Flower) was St. Teresa of Avila's most famous disciple? If you ever get a chance, WolfSwan, you might like the book, "The Interior Castle" by St. Teresa of Avila. It's a fantastic book and gives you a clear description of just how devoted and special this woman was and IS. I don't know much of St.Therese of Lisieux but now I'm intrigued. Thanks, CN!

ana luisa

Sounds like someone deceased got close to you and then left. Spiritual presences usually bring in with them smells, and/or headaches, toothache. When the spirit is not at peace, you may feel nausea as well.

Starri Knytes

I've had an experience when visiting a medium event where the person was trying to bring forward messages to the crowd from the deceased.

It wasn't though that I was smelling rose oil, it was like I was actually exhaling it. Every time I exhaled through my nose, I smelled the scent of rose oil. But I didn't actually smell it anywhere in the air. It seemed like it was coming from inside me or that it was straight under my nose. It was weird.

Some minutes later, after the sensation had vanished, the medium had a message for me. The thing is, the message was from an older male (why the scent of roses then?) and the descriptions she gave of him didn't quite seem to fit, though they were somewhat close.

It actually lead me to believe that the woman medium had tried to read me and I felt her presence as the smell of rose oil.

Or perhaps I had sensed the presence of someone who was deceased. Perhaps it was something else which can be explained naturally. It's hard to tell.
I'm really not sure how mediums who go into large crowds remain sane. There would be so much energy. It seems almost impossible for anyone to read in that environment with 100% accuracy. It's a nice synchronicity to this thread and the sent of roses though . :)

WolfSwan

These are such fascinating stories, thank you all for sharing.

Flames I will definitely need to look up this book. Whilst I was born Catholic, I don't practice or subscribe to any particular religion, preferring the freedom of spirituality to religion personally, however it's interesting to see how these archetypal energies cross over to support you when needed.

I had never heard of St Therese before the smell of roses came to me, and it was just synchronistic that I happened to listen to a podcast that mentioned it afterwards...and then had someone on this thread mention it again.

Perhaps this is a discussion for a separate thread, but can a guide / energy (like St Therese) come to you without you having called on this energy specifically?

celticnoodle

Wow Celtic!! It's amazing you just mentioned St Theresa of the Little Flower!! Today was the first time I heard of her after my park experience! And it was random too. I was listening to a podcast about Divine Feminine energy and they mentioned her story. I forgot to mention that in the post, but it must have had to do with her since this has been mentioned for the second time now!

very cool! I love reading about St. Theresa, the Little Flower and a few other saints too--but she is definitely one in my top 10. She was a very, very interesting person. There are books and lots of stories about her online--(just google her) to read about her life. She was amazing IMO. Another very interesting person who is a Saint is Padre Pio---he just came to mind, so I had to put him in here too--but I think you'd enjoy reading about the Little Flower.
That's such a beautiful story about your cousin. I am certainly feeling blessed in so many ways, so it's wonderful to see the Angels supporting me and St Theresa showing me that miracles are all around. It's such a good reminder of how far simple gratitude and get you.

It was a wonderful experience to smell the roses, and your story was very uplifting so this has already been quite a wonderful result all together!

Thank you!!
Thank you. Yes, my cousin was a lovely lady. The sweetest lady you could ever meet. She had an innocence about her too and a very sweet smile. Whenever I think of her--I see that smile of hers. I am sure she is with her beloved St. Theresa the Little Flower in Heaven, and I can't think of one w/o thinking of the other--or of roses w/o thinking of her too.

That must have been a wonderful experience indeed! I'm so glad you shared it with us. :)

Interesting and fascinating thread!

I love the scent of roses. That wasn't always the case though. The Rose had never been my first choice as a flower...But, over the years, I decided to buy some Rose body spray (which can also be sprayed in a room) because I'd read how good it was for you, how it could help quiet the mind and provide just an overall sense of well being. So fast forward - I'm sitting on the couch and I get a whiff of roses and both my nose and ears perk up because I've run out of rose spray and intended to buy another bottle a month before but for one reason or another, never did. The scent was strong and I know it couldn't have been due to any leftover residue because the rose spray I had wasn't a concentrated oil but diluted or diffused (not sure what the word is) in water - very subtle. In any case, I immediately thought I should go buy some more.

Another time, while sitting on the couch, the scent came over me again. It was so strong. Like Meditarot said, it felt like I was both inhaling and exhaling roses! Though, no rose spray, again. I had run out. So I'm thinking that, for me, it was a reminder to go buy some more. I associate the Rose with Mother Mary and I feel that it was during those times that she was with me and was nudging me to meditate upon her, to remember her, and to keep up with the Rose spray. I spray it on my face, on my body and all around me, in the bedroom, living room, etc. It helps to lift me up and Mother Mary, of course, just naturally comes to mind. Also, I think she was encouraging me to do the rosary again. Initially, it had been a ritual for me but then I gave it up (long story)...

There are other times, too, when it seemed as though the scent would be present during difficult times in my life. It was as if the scent would present itself just as I was falling prey to negative thinking or into despair. It was a reminder to keep my chin up and to remember that there are forces at play I may not always be aware of or privy to...and to trust that all is in good order.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe St.Therese of Lisieux (The Little Flower) was St. Teresa of Avila's most famous disciple? If you ever get a chance, WolfSwan, you might like the book, "The Interior Castle" by St. Teresa of Avila. It's a fantastic book and gives you a clear description of just how devoted and special this woman was and IS. I don't know much of St.Therese of Lisieux but now I'm intrigued. Thanks, CN!

I didn't know this about St. Theresa the Little Flower being a disciple of Teresa of Avila. I do have that book somewhere, titled "The Interior Castle". I bought it years ago, I think-and now must find it agin to re-read. St. T, the Little Flower is also a very interesting woman to read about. Her life story is truly amazing! Like you, (and I know we have often discussed this here before-you & I)--I am a rosary lover. I am not as good lately at reciting it daily--but I do my best. I have a tendency to put it off and then never getting to it. I love to meditate on it though and do it more often then not at least.

This thread again though, inspires me to try even harder again.

Great stories of everyones experiences. Very cool! :)

Flames

These are such fascinating stories, thank you all for sharing.

Flames I will definitely need to look up this book. Whilst I was born Catholic, I don't practice or subscribe to any particular religion, preferring the freedom of spirituality to religion personally, however it's interesting to see how these archetypal energies cross over to support you when needed.

I had never heard of St Therese before the smell of roses came to me, and it was just synchronistic that I happened to listen to a podcast that mentioned it afterwards...and then had someone on this thread mention it again.

Perhaps this is a discussion for a separate thread, but can a guide / energy (like St Therese) come to you without you having called on this energy specifically?

I was born Catholic as well and I don't subscribe or practice to any particular religion, either. It was while I was on this forum and suffering from anxiety that I suddenly found myself drawn to Mother Mary in a way I hadn't before. In fact, I didn't gravitate towards her at all. But then a shift took place and I began to see her as Goddess and suddenly, she seemed more accessible to me. I had picked up the book by St. Teresa of Avila years ago, many years ago actually, because I was fascinated by this concept of 'Faith' and 'Ritual' and one's ability to overcome obstacles and challenges through the power of intention but also, I was fascinated by the notion of 'sweet suffering', that through her longing for the Divine, she experienced many ecstacies. I was very much drawn to her Spirituality and not necessarily to her devotion to Jesus. She could have been devoted to Krishna or Buddha...or anyone really. It's an interesting question and I do think that an energy can come to you without having called on it. This energy comes in many forms, in many different faces and sometimes, there's a resonance, or a 'fit'...and there's a kind of affinity with that particular energy. That's why I think 'energy' is so fascinating. It can't really be pinned down or defined but if we're drawn to something, we may find something useful in it or worth exploring.

Flames

I didn't know this about St. Theresa the Little Flower being a disciple of Teresa of Avila. I do have that book somewhere, titled "The Interior Castle". I bought it years ago, I think-and now must find it agin to re-read. St. T, the Little Flower is also a very interesting woman to read about. Her life story is truly amazing! Like you, (and I know we have often discussed this here before-you & I)--I am a rosary lover. I am not as good lately at reciting it daily--but I do my best. I have a tendency to put it off and then never getting to it. I love to meditate on it though and do it more often then not at least.

This thread again though, inspires me to try even harder again.

Great stories of everyones experiences. Very cool! :)

Yes, I do remember our discussions, CN! :) I think very fondly of them. Because of this thread, I'm going to reread, "The Interior Castle", as well. I really do think I'm being nudged to do the rosary and I'm resisting...which is probably why I should give it a shot again. I had been engaged with it in the wrong way, I think. It brought up some of my Catholic upbringing and so doing the rosary was tainted by certain past memories. But, of course, I can appreciate it now in a whole new way because it is a form of meditation and ritual...and also, Mother Mary has interceded on my behalf more than a few times and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was her who came through for me during a time when I was going to make a terrible mistake. I have to smile now but Wow! And, roses have become so sacred to me. Its scent just brings a sense of peace and divinity.

Thanks for letting me share!! :)

WolfSwan

Sounds like someone deceased got close to you and then left. Spiritual presences usually bring in with them smells, and/or headaches, toothache. When the spirit is not at peace, you may feel nausea as well.

It's funny you say this, I actually did have a tooth ache!

WolfSwan

I'm so glad this resonates for so many people. The rosary is a very meditative process. The Hindu have mala beads which provide the same thing. It's wonderful to see the cross overs across different religions. I love that it's inspiring so many of you to re-read the book. I will definitely do some research on St T!

Also, as for Padre Pio that name too has come up twice in the last 24 hours. Another person I must research.

I'm grateful to you all for sharing these experiences. It's so wonderful to see the way these divine beings have influenced you or become part of your practices!

As for energy coming without being called, perhaps I was subconsciously calling on aspects of these entities and it will become clearer when I read up on her!