Sudden smell of roses?

celticnoodle

Yes, I do remember our discussions, CN! :) I think very fondly of them. Because of this thread, I'm going to reread, "The Interior Castle", as well. I really do think I'm being nudged to do the rosary and I'm resisting...which is probably why I should give it a shot again. I had been engaged with it in the wrong way, I think. It brought up some of my Catholic upbringing and so doing the rosary was tainted by certain past memories. But, of course, I can appreciate it now in a whole new way because it is a form of meditation and ritual...and also, Mother Mary has interceded on my behalf more than a few times and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was her who came through for me during a time when I was going to make a terrible mistake. I have to smile now but Wow! And, roses have become so sacred to me. Its scent just brings a sense of peace and divinity.

Thanks for letting me share!! :)
And, while I was also raised Catholic--though actually from a very young age, I can remember thinking some of the Catholic Faith was ridiculous. For example--when the nuns would tell us that we were all made in God's Image, and he loves us all, blah, blah, blah (which I could believe in)--BUT!!! DON'T do anything wrong or you'll have to suffer God's wrath! and if you do a really serious wrong--for 7 generations from you will suffer the consequences. :laugh: I mean, really?! A bit ridiculous, don't you think? I also could never understand that IF God made us in his image and we were always forgiven--then why were the nuns so darn abusive? WE WERE A PART OF GOD! :D

Some of this use to really upset my mother that I had these thoughts. :laugh: And, then being told the handicapped and those not baptized, etc. etc. would not be able to go to heaven. So that sort of thing always bothered me--but the faith is something I still hold dear to me, too. I finally stopped going to Mass on a regular basis--recently--much because of the hipocracy of it all drives me nuts. However, where the rosary is concerned, I think I fell in love with it mainly due to the fond memories of my maternal aunt and grandparents reciting it daily. I can remember my grandparents getting down on their knees, heads bent in prayer and reciting the prayers. They also always prayed in Gaelic--which was quite beautiful to listen to (to me anyway). I only wish they had taught me how to pray in Gaelic-and unfortunately, they didn't. But, I recite the rosary because of the fond memories of them and my aunt.

In fact, I even picked up another trait of my aunt. I have rosaries in every room of my homes--and one in my purse, and generally one on my person too. I LOVE rosaries and buy them whenever I see them and can afford to do so.

I also have some Mala beads and other prayer beads as well. Yes, they are very meditative and I find them so helpful to me.

WolfSwan said:
I'm so glad this resonates for so many people. The rosary is a very meditative process. The Hindu have mala beads which provide the same thing. It's wonderful to see the cross overs across different religions. I love that it's inspiring so many of you to re-read the book. I will definitely do some research on St T!

Also, as for Padre Pio that name too has come up twice in the last 24 hours. Another person I must research.

I'm grateful to you all for sharing these experiences. It's so wonderful to see the way these divine beings have influenced you or become part of your practices!

As for energy coming without being called, perhaps I was subconsciously calling on aspects of these entities and it will become clearer when I read up on her!
I agree. It is wonderful to see the cross overs across different religions. :)

Oh, I do hope you do get to read up on Padre Pio. One of my best friends actually saw Padre Pio--but didn't get to have a private audience with him. he was driving past her for a religios event, and she quickly snapped a picture of him with her camera. Interestingly enough,when she had it developed--it shows the Padre waving to the people and also in the picture is the unmistakable image of the Blessed Host and communion cup! Though, they weren't actually being held or seen at the time of the picture.

My friend introduced me to his stories and I've read much and use to pray to him often too. I had a 'visit' from him once--where he literally came to me one time--when I was going through a health issue that was frightening and praying to him. It helped to relax me, knowing he was with me, and I was fine during treatment then.

It's funny you say this, I actually did have a tooth ache
You know, I actually never heard this--about tooth aches, but I do know that when I do medium readings for clients, I bring through their departed loved ones and I can often 'feel' the health issues their loved ones suffered with and always experienced how they passed. I could also often 'taste' their favorite foods--smell their favorite 'scent's. So, it all does make sense what ana luisa posted.