Palmistry Study Group: New series?

Alissa

Hi bibi,

It's difficult to picture this, this is a unique line you are describing. It *could* be the intuition line, as this often travels a similar path to the one you describe on your own palm.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, that is a tricky question. I even have lines on my own palm that I still don't know the reasons or meanings behind, though.

psychic sue

I just wanted to ask a question. I am just starting to get into palmistry. The books I have say to look at both hands. On my right hand (dominant) I have 2 relationship lines - I've been married once, but had more than one other serious relationship, so I'm not sure what this means.

On my left hand I have 2 lines also, but the upper one continues all the way around to my heart line and forms one of the lines of the healing striata.

Can anyone explain this to me? I can't seem to find it in my books.

Sue x

Alissa

The way I was taught, marriage lines are found beneath the pinkie side of the hand. The bottom line is the one that is the origination for one's Heart Line. The top one is like a "ring" around the pinkie. You Do Not Count those two lines when factoring in relationships. You count the number of solid horizontal lines across that area, between those lines.

This is the same methodology as counting rascettes (bracelets) along the inside wrist, except the rascettes are an indicator of the number of children. Myself, I will NOT read the number of children in a person's palm reading. I found the discussions it engendered were too uncomfortable for me, and therefore it's a subject I will no longer address.

There is no one real clear source as to palmistry, everyone seems to think they've got it right (including myself). I was taught my techniques both as a child by an older woman who was a palm reader, and then seriously studied from another palmist as an adult. Book reading often conflicts with the methodology I've been taught, depending on the author's own experiences. For this reason, I based the Palmistry study group off of one source, Cheiro, as his work is often the primary source for most modern palmistry techniques. (But Cheiro's book is a difficult one to learn from, this I admit).

Best of luck to you!

psychic sue

Thank you very much for the above info.

I also have two large crosses, one below Appollo one below Mercury. What can these mean? I read that the cross on Appollo means someone who works hard for what they want (I have always done that) but have read various conflicting opinion about the cross below mercury.

Sue

Alissa

psychic sue said:
I also have two large crosses, one below Appollo one below Mercury. What can these mean? I read that the cross on Appollo means someone who works hard for what they want (I have always done that) but have read various conflicting opinion about the cross below mercury.
Hmmm I read that a bit different. Markings on the mount of Apollo (that's your ring finger, for those who don't wanna look it up ;) ) I have *always* read as an indication of interest in art, and more specifically in performance arts. Stars here tell me this person has invested much of themselves in their art. How this influence manifests can be as varied as performing in a Sunday choir, being in a rock band, a musical theatre student, or once, a guy who admitted he often worked backstage crewing for stage shows. The deeper the lines, the more commited they are. I would likely read a cross similarly to a star in this area, I have not felt much trauma from the crosses I see on the mount of Apollo - UNLESS these marks were connected to the Girdle of Venus.

A cross on the mount of Mercury (pinkie finger) shows me emotional gifts. First, I read the pinkie very different than most sources I've come across. The pinkie is your emotions and ability to feel intimacy... how one holds their pinkie finger tells me about their emotions. You will occassionally see hands with a pinkie finger that curves into the palm, as if it were so shy, it couldn't bear to come out on it's own. Those people are SHY SHY, and probably are half-pulling their hand away from me the entire time I'm reading it.

Hash marks in the mount of Mercury that cross or touch "marriage" lines: this was a very OLD palmistry way of reading children. More often, readers will count rascettes (bracelets) to count children however.

So, to answer your question : A cross, indicating 2 conflicting influences, in this area would tell me this person has "intimacy issues," to use a modern term. They may have been hurt (depending on how the cross "feels") and therefore wear the markings of their damaged intimacy in the area, if they feel those hurts are still effecting them and their relationships.

If it was a star instead, I would likely default to this being a *gift* of theirs in creating intimacy, but again, I admit I use intuition a lot at this point. Stars, as I mentioned elsewhere, are points of massive input... as if every branch is pulling energy into the center, and at the same time, releasing it.

psychicbody

As far as the mounts are concerned, here is a stumper: what does it mean to have a fingerprint, between the middle and ring fingers? You know how the other four fingers have their mounts and then you have the fingerprints on them; well I have a fifth print, as if there is an invisible finger there! Please note that this extra feature is not present on my opposite/left hand (I am right handed, mostly).

Something a little simpler, is that my Water mount (ring finger) is flat, yet I am very creative and artistic; which contradicts what I have learned about that feature. Instead, the knuckles of the two middle fingers are large - does that represent a tendency to be introspective?

Alissa

psychicbody said:
As far as the mounts are concerned, here is a stumper: what does it mean to have a fingerprint, between the middle and ring fingers?

Something a little simpler, is that my Water mount (ring finger) is flat, yet I am very creative and artistic; which contradicts what I have learned about that feature. Instead, the knuckles of the two middle fingers are large - does that represent a tendency to be introspective?
For your first question, I consulted a palmistry book I have, called "Revealing Hands" by Richard Webster. He has a chapter on Palm Patterns, and discusses "loops, whirls and arches," which would very much look like the fngerprint loops we are accustomed to seeing.

He calls the loop between the middle and ring fingers "The Loop of Common-Sense" and I quote, "belongs to people who keep their feet on the ground and think before acting. People with this loop have a strong sense of responsiblity and a desire to help others." (p. 212) Myself, I have not made a study of loops and other palm patterns, but life is long. Who knows.

The second question. You're right, usually artistic, esp. performance arts tendencies, will be seen in the mount below the ring finger. A flat mount? Does this mean it is heavily marked, and therefore flattened?

... My son prohibits me from typing any more, cuz he's having a meltdown.... hope this helps.

psychicbody

Alissa said:
The second question. You're right, usually artistic, esp. performance arts tendencies, will be seen in the mount below the ring finger. A flat mount? Does this mean it is heavily marked, and therefore flattened?
... My son prohibits me from typing any more, cuz he's having a meltdown.... hope this helps.
Thanks for the first explaination. I am still in that dark about my second one; the three palmetsry-related books I had studied dont mention this problem, n'or do they say anything about the knuckles. They dont explain the small details, just the basics.
As for being heavily marked, there are several noticable lines under my middle finger, but none under the ring finger; under that fifth fingerprint I mentioned, there is a small "star" however. I am not an expert, so I cant make any major conclusions about these.
The shape of my hand and fingers supports my creative tendencies, if that is important: I have a hybrind Air/Water palm.

Thanks!

magpie9

http://www.billheidrick.com/tlc1998/tlc0198.htm#cc

I've been lurking *blush* on this thread, and folowing the "what do you think of Crowly" thread. Kwaw posted a link to a Crowly photo, with his palm showing. I find it very interesting. You can't see any real detail of his hand, but the shape is clear, finger length is clear, various muscular mounds are clear, and a very deep straight slanting head-line is clear. It also looks like (to me) that his-- -technical term here--- thumb-mound is so well developed that that side of the hand appears larger, wider, overshadowing the moon mound, so it loooks really puny in comparison.

Does this interest anyone else? What does some one who knows more that me about this think of it? the link will hopefuly get you there, just scroll down the page.

Alissa

magpie9 said:
...but the shape is clear, finger length is clear, various muscular mounds are clear, and a very deep straight slanting head-line is clear. It also looks like (to me) that his-- -technical term here--- thumb-mound is so well developed that that side of the hand appears larger, wider, overshadowing the moon mound, so it loooks really puny in comparison.
Isn't it interesting, being able to apply palmistry to celebrities and other notables...? ;) I do this often myself.

I followed the link, and yes, you're right - you can make out a few of Crowley's palm features. His palm shape looks a bit like a water hand to me, but hard to tell without touch. Water hands often show highly developed mounts, with tapering, slim fingers. Also, you'll see Crowley's palm is slightly longer than his fingers. This shows me he was very introspective, and would mull over ideas for a goodly while in his head before allowing them to become manifest in the world (through his deeds/actions). The fingers suggest an analytical quality, which can lead towards perfectionism. And he has an imaginative Head line across the palm, long and seems to end in the mount of moon. I would be curious to know if his Heart line reaches his fingertips, but that's unable to be seen here.

Neat example magpie! :D