Palmistry Study Group: New series?

magpie9

Thanks, Alissa~
But where, exactly, do you get a perfectionism from his fingers? I found them interesting in that they form a perfect slant in the pix, mercury and all. His mercury is high-set, yes?( Or else long?) Also, his thumb has a crook in the joint, it's not straight...what does that mean? Is it a temper or an ego thing? I don't understand how the heart line can end in the fingertips---I'd better go back to the index and read the old threads!

Yes, Celeb hands are interesting. I like to watch actors hands in movies and TV to try to see if they are really anything like the charactor they're playing!

Alissa

magpie9 said:
Thanks, Alissa~
But where, exactly, do you get a perfectionism from his fingers?
He has very tapered fingers, they come to a slender point, not a spatulate point. This usually shows an anlytical mind at work, one with tendencies towards perfectionism. They like to have their minds kept busy with detail work, and can become bored without that mental stimulation.

I found them interesting in that they form a perfect slant in the pix, mercury and all.
Yes! You bring up a very astute point, this is the *quintessential* shape of the conic hand! I quote myself, on the Palmistry: Hand Shapes Thread...

Alissa said:
"And my "Plus One" hand type is what Cheiro calls the Conic Hand, but I have my own way of reading it :

Conic Hands = These hands, no matter what sign they fall under, have a graceful, curved appearance due to the fact that the area where the finger starts for the first finger is significantly higher, rather than horizontal to, the same joint on the pinkie. (I recognize these hands easily because I have some myself ).

These folks are day dreamers, often creative, aesthetic, and visualize an ideal world that often doesn't match up to reality's standards.

Conic hands can, of course, show up on any elemental palm shape - water, air, etc. and therefore can be read *in addition* to the elemental palm information.

magpie9 said:
Also, his thumb has a crook in the joint, it's not straight...what does that mean? Is it a temper or an ego thing?
That could be the angle of this photo. Even so, you can definitely tell he has a longer 1st phlange, than 2nd, on his thumb. He is therefore "longer" in logic than he was on personal actions/will. This seems to reinforce the introspective, long palm that we see in his hand shape. His natural tendencies were more mental, and he may have been tentative when it came to manifesting ideas from ego and personal will (which may seem odd to say about this notable figure, but when I read a hand, I read it as if I don't know them at all).

I don't understand how the heart line can end in the fingertips---I'd better go back to the index and read the old threads!
Not the fingertips, but the fingers' base. My bad word choice while rushed, I apologize. If the Heart line is envisioned as originating from beneath the pinkie and travelling roughly horizontal on the palm until reaching towards the fingers, then the termination point would be what I'm refering to. If the line goes all the way to the edge of the palm, where the fingers begin, then it indicates someone who connects well with others. A line that fails to reach its fingers, its' "friends," can be very selective as to whom they allow in their heart, and therefore limit those who know them intimately in their lives.

Hope this helps! :D

magpie9

Yes, quite a lot. Thanks!

Keigh

A little positive feedback!

Alissa said:
The way I was taught, marriage lines are found beneath the pinkie side of the hand. The bottom line is the one that is the origination for one's Heart Line. The top one is like a "ring" around the pinkie. You Do Not Count those two lines when factoring in relationships. You count the number of solid horizontal lines across that area, between those lines.
I have two lines in between as you described above. One is shorter than the other. Interestingly, I had a four year marriage that ended in divorce when I was young and am now in the fifteenth year of marriage and still going strong! Just thought you'd like a bit of feedback that validates your approach!

Thanks for the great info!

Blessings,

Keigh

Alissa

Very interesting Keigh! I've found the marriage/significant relationship lines are often extremely accurate and I"m glad to hear the technique works for others so well also.

The Hanged Man

Hi all,

I am just wanting to ask from anyone knowledgeable about a distintive line that has always been present on my palms, yet I can find no sources as to what it is or what it may betoken.

The finger next to my little finger, which I think is the finger of Jupiter on both hands has a distinctive vertical line beneath each finger on the mount of the palms. What does this vertical score mean on the mount of Jupiter.

Any ideas?

The Hanged Man.

Alissa

http://www.crystalinks.com/palmistry.html

Check this link (I just found the quickest I could that would show the mounts) and see if it's really Jupiter you're speaking of. Jupiter is your index finger. But Apollo is your ring finger, which I believe is the area you are actually referring to?

Marks beneath Apollo on the mount are very common amongst those who are drawn to the arts, esp. the performing arts. The sign of a star here is extremely fortuitous for an artist or performer, however, even a line or two in the area can speak of a strong interest and draw to such topics.

Also, marks on Apollo's mount can blend into the girdle of Venus (if you have one). This reads slightly differently than just markings (as above).

Hope this helps!

tink27

Thank you Alissa!

I've always considered palmistry but didn't have the direction. The lines, the mounts the fingershapes are all here! This is beautifully put together. Thanks for all your hard work.

tink

tink27

Alissa

Wow! you are very knowledgeable here.

My question is if the apollo mount is 'very puffy' does this mean the person loves to visualize and daydream but without enough integrity to bring it to fruition.

Also, I located my heart line. The lines above it I thought were the children. Instead this indicates the number of marriages?

tink

Alissa

tink27 said:
My question is if the apollo mount is 'very puffy' does this mean the person loves to visualize and daydream but without enough integrity to bring it to fruition.

Also, I located my heart line. The lines above it I thought were the children. Instead this indicates the number of marriages?

tink
Hi tink,

Here's what Cheiro says about the mount of Apollo, which he also calls the mount of the Sun, "When well developed, it indicates an enthusiastic appreciation of all things beuatiful, whether or not one follow a purely artistic calling. It denotes love of painting, poetry, literature, and all imaginative work, also grace of mind and thought." (p.64).

That nicely sums up my thoughts exactly. A great appreciation for it, if not actual practice of the arts themselves.

As for the marriage lines, these are hard to find, and are read differently by different readers. The best way to find these is to remember you won't look on your palm itself, but on your side of your hand, below the pinkie. There is one line which is the origination point of the Heart line. Do not count that line.

Count the lines above it to tell marriages/significant relationships. I often use the phrase: "Today's serious relationships don't always result in marriage, however I see X many relationships in the area identified as marriages," when reading.

Hope this helps and glad the info is still being used. :D