Magic Circles - study group?


> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Spirituality



 
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthair View Post
...I've also stumbled across an old edition of Agrippa (ed Willis Whitehead) which has a very interesting story about Reuchlin casting a circle in a pub to shut everyone up so he could finish reading his book in peace.

There is also a very curious chapter on using black mirrors, and "as soon as any Mystic is known to be doing this he is visited by members of the Brotherhood and necessary data secured".
Ahh - yessssssss. There are many times in the course of "feeling slappy" - when I wish I could mute people in such a way. *twinkles*

The Brotherhood? Black mirrors? (looks quickly out window and decides she's safe).

I have an oval Obsidian mirror, 5 inches in diameter (apparently hand polished by the man who sold it to me at the market in Coven Garden. His name was 'Tony Fossils').
And a pocket Obsidian mirror 2 inches.

Alas! - I am rubbish at scrying...
Top   #81
earthair  earthair is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2014
Location: Parallel Universe
Posts: 3,076
earthair 

I see the National Trust are busy at Avebury https://www.facebook.com/nationaltru...4178800268586/
Top   #82
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

Lol!!!
That would be amusing
They've missed having a few druids overseeing the move.
Top   #83
earthair  earthair is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2014
Location: Parallel Universe
Posts: 3,076
earthair 

Do you think that when the stone circles were first built there were trees or magical herbs planted inbetween the stones, or maybe some other items were added which we can't detect now?
Top   #84
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthair View Post
Do you think that when the stone circles were first built there were trees or magical herbs planted inbetween the stones, or maybe some other items were added which we can't detect now?
Space left for people to move in-and-out of it - I say.
Top   #85
ravenest's Avatar
ravenest  ravenest is offline
ravenator
 
Join Date: 02 Feb 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 13,835
ravenest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthair View Post
Abandoned because you don't need the circles any more (except the Circle of Death *insert scary music*) or just didn't work for you?

Aw shame about the dead trees Try planting some more?
No, they worked great for me ..... people dropped off on the pagan thing. Also I got a bit tired of organising things and wanted others to share ther workload.

In my experience (with this, putting on festivals, organising dinners, running households ... anything really ) that is deadly ! If I dont feed it lots of energy, and expect others to pull their weight too .... great things die off.

I have often been abused for that opinion and told I have had little to do with running things and 'we will do fine without you', so I withdraw a bit and ..... FAIL !
Top   #86
ravenest's Avatar
ravenest  ravenest is offline
ravenator
 
Join Date: 02 Feb 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 13,835
ravenest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthair View Post
Do you think that when the stone circles were first built there were trees or magical herbs planted inbetween the stones, or maybe some other items were added which we can't detect now?
I dont see why not ? Who knows though, many ancient buildings and statues show evidence of colour ... all together it would be a riot of colour ... not some sombre stone temple, Also full of incense, flowers, and decorated animals in procession , a pageant.

One of our circles was like that, it had a middle section of lawn chamomile and around that the four sections were planted with a herb for each element, then a ring of stones, then 4 elemental altars out from that, it went out to the circle space, then the boundary.

Ring of Brodgar at Orkney Islands is a fav of mine
Top   #87
Tanga's Avatar
Tanga  Tanga is offline
Aspiring Mystical Crone
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2014
Location: Heart of Londinium (London, UK)
Posts: 2,504
Tanga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
No, they worked great for me ..... people dropped off on the pagan thing. Also I got a bit tired of organising things and wanted others to share ther workload.

In my experience (with this, putting on festivals, organising dinners, running households ... anything really ) that is deadly ! If I dont feed it lots of energy, and expect others to pull their weight too .... great things die off.

I have often been abused for that opinion and told I have had little to do with running things and 'we will do fine without you', so I withdraw a bit and ..... FAIL !
Ahh yes.
Sigh. ... (no further comment will be made here).


A camomile lawn no less! And quarter herbs.
Fab.
Top   #88
earthair  earthair is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2014
Location: Parallel Universe
Posts: 3,076
earthair 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
I dont see why not ? Who knows though, many ancient buildings and statues show evidence of colour ... all together it would be a riot of colour ... not some sombre stone temple, Also full of incense, flowers, and decorated animals in procession , a pageant.

One of our circles was like that, it had a middle section of lawn chamomile and around that the four sections were planted with a herb for each element, then a ring of stones, then 4 elemental altars out from that, it went out to the circle space, then the boundary.

Ring of Brodgar at Orkney Islands is a fav of mine
That sounds beautiful

Just been looking at the Ring of Brodgar - not in person alas, but online pictures- thanks for telling me about that.

I've been reading The Golden Bough, and it struck me that there aren't any entries for 'circle' or 'stone circle' in the index! slight oversight? or deliberate omission...
Top   #89
earthair  earthair is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2014
Location: Parallel Universe
Posts: 3,076
earthair 

In my continuing quest for all things magically circular, I bumped into this medicine wheel in Bighorn National Forest https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medici...toric_Landmark and I'm fascinated by the smaller scale creations in crystals.

I'm no expert on shamanism, so I was wondering if people cast and use these circles in the same way as witches?
I've tried just laying out a crystal grid in this way and it's a wonderful experience- and very compact too if you're in a confined space. The variety of different elemental associations I've found online is something I'm ignoring for the sake of sanity
Attached Images
 
Top   #90
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.