Magic Circles - study group?

Tanga

...I've also stumbled across an old edition of Agrippa (ed Willis Whitehead) which has a very interesting story about Reuchlin casting a circle in a pub to shut everyone up so he could finish reading his book in peace. :joke:

There is also a very curious chapter on using black mirrors, and "as soon as any Mystic is known to be doing this he is visited by members of the Brotherhood and necessary data secured". :bugeyed:

Ahh - yessssssss. There are many times in the course of "feeling slappy" - when I wish I could mute people in such a way. *twinkles*

The Brotherhood? Black mirrors? (looks quickly out window and decides she's safe).
:joke:
I have an oval Obsidian mirror, 5 inches in diameter (apparently hand polished by the man who sold it to me at the market in Coven Garden. His name was 'Tony Fossils').
And a pocket Obsidian mirror 2 inches.

Alas! - I am rubbish at scrying...

Tanga

Lol!!!
That would be amusing :joke: :joke: :joke:
They've missed having a few druids overseeing the move.
;)

earthair

Do you think that when the stone circles were first built there were trees or magical herbs planted inbetween the stones, or maybe some other items were added which we can't detect now?

Tanga

Do you think that when the stone circles were first built there were trees or magical herbs planted inbetween the stones, or maybe some other items were added which we can't detect now?

Space left for people to move in-and-out of it - I say. :)

ravenest

Abandoned because you don't need the circles any more (except the Circle of Death *insert scary music*) or just didn't work for you?

Aw shame about the dead trees :( Try planting some more?

No, they worked great for me ..... people dropped off on the pagan thing. Also I got a bit tired of organising things and wanted others to share ther workload.

In my experience (with this, putting on festivals, organising dinners, running households ... anything really ) that is deadly ! If I dont feed it lots of energy, and expect others to pull their weight too .... great things die off.

I have often been abused for that opinion and told I have had little to do with running things and 'we will do fine without you', so I withdraw a bit and ..... FAIL !

ravenest

I dont see why not ? Who knows though, many ancient buildings and statues show evidence of colour ... all together it would be a riot of colour ... not some sombre stone temple, Also full of incense, flowers, and decorated animals in procession , a pageant.

One of our circles was like that, it had a middle section of lawn chamomile and around that the four sections were planted with a herb for each element, then a ring of stones, then 4 elemental altars out from that, it went out to the circle space, then the boundary.

Ring of Brodgar at Orkney Islands is a fav of mine :)

Tanga

No, they worked great for me ..... people dropped off on the pagan thing. Also I got a bit tired of organising things and wanted others to share ther workload.

In my experience (with this, putting on festivals, organising dinners, running households ... anything really ) that is deadly ! If I dont feed it lots of energy, and expect others to pull their weight too .... great things die off.

I have often been abused for that opinion and told I have had little to do with running things and 'we will do fine without you', so I withdraw a bit and ..... FAIL !

Ahh yes.
Sigh. ... (no further comment will be made here).

A camomile lawn no less! :) And quarter herbs.
Fab.

earthair

I dont see why not ? Who knows though, many ancient buildings and statues show evidence of colour ... all together it would be a riot of colour ... not some sombre stone temple, Also full of incense, flowers, and decorated animals in procession , a pageant.

One of our circles was like that, it had a middle section of lawn chamomile and around that the four sections were planted with a herb for each element, then a ring of stones, then 4 elemental altars out from that, it went out to the circle space, then the boundary.

Ring of Brodgar at Orkney Islands is a fav of mine :)

That sounds beautiful :)

Just been looking at the Ring of Brodgar - not in person alas, but online pictures- thanks for telling me about that.

I've been reading The Golden Bough, and it struck me that there aren't any entries for 'circle' or 'stone circle' in the index! :bugeyed: slight oversight? or deliberate omission...

earthair

In my continuing quest for all things magically circular, I bumped into this medicine wheel in Bighorn National Forest https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicine_Wheel/Medicine_Mountain_National_Historic_Landmark and I'm fascinated by the smaller scale creations in crystals.

I'm no expert on shamanism, so I was wondering if people cast and use these circles in the same way as witches?
I've tried just laying out a crystal grid in this way and it's a wonderful experience- and very compact too if you're in a confined space. The variety of different elemental associations I've found online is something I'm ignoring for the sake of sanity :D

Attachments

• medicine wheel.jpg
    medicine wheel.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 67