Something perplexing....

EmpressArwen

Over the last 6 months or so, I've been experiencing something strange. Everywhere I go I see hawks and falcons. Dozens and dozens of them. They fly over my house constantly. This has never happened in the 12 years I've lived here. Several months ago, one even swooped down very near to me, screaming. Scared the crap out of me. It then landed on a tree, not 6 feet from me and sat there, staring at me for a long time.

Over the last month, we've had a family of owls move in. Again, never had this before. They surround my backyard, hooting at each other and flying back and forth over my yard during twilight. They make the strangest sounds. Their activity is always much more when I am alone in the backyard. There is something so haunting about them but not scary at all. Hard to explain.

This morning, I walked into the back yard and felt as if I was being watched. I scanned the yard and right near me was a huge hawk looking right at me. It flew down and landed on a branch even closer...just watching me. This lasted for several minutes, then it turned and flew away.

What in the world? My visions are also increasing to almost a fevered pitch. Just briefly closing my eyes brings an onslaught of pictures spinning by. One after another, so fast I can barely make out what I'm seeing before the next one comes into view.

It's all very confusing. Is there anyway to decipher what these birds are trying to tell me? Any tips on communicating with them would be very appreciated. Also, any thoughts on the aggressive visions...can I slow them down?

I really appreciate any help here. Thank you in advance.

Padma

You might try looking up "spirit guide animals" on your google, you will get a lot of hits. As far as I know, owls are about wisdom and vision into the other world; hawks are about keen perception; and eagles are about being protected by the angelic realm.

I have the same thing that happens with corvids - I move somewhere, it takes the crows and ravens about 6 months to find me and settle in where they never were before...I take it that they are my guiding animals :) kind of reassuring, actually!

In regard to the visions, you can always ask your inner self for the speed to slow down. And you can always say "not now!", forcibly turn your thoughts elsewhere, and promise you will return to it later. Sometimes that helps.

Saskia

Hawks and eagles are often interpreted as a need to look at your life from a helicopter view, soar like an eagle to go see all the furthest angles and implications your life has. It's about not focusing on the "here and now", it's about focusing on the long-term consequences of the events, actions and feelings. It's a prompt to look at your life with your intuition and at a spiritual level. Whatever you're going through, is not just what it seems, there is a bigger picture at play you can learn from.

Owls are often interpreted as messengers of the spirit world and intuition, another prompt to look from a higher perspective. Don't just see what your physical eyes see: try and see what your inner eye can see - what is the lesson in this situation? How can you find it? How can you best take advantage of it to grow as a person or help someone else grow as a person?

Just a few thoughts :)

EmpressArwen

You might try looking up "spirit guide animals" on your google, you will get a lot of hits. As far as I know, owls are about wisdom and vision into the other world; hawks are about keen perception; and eagles are about being protected by the angelic realm.

I have the same thing that happens with corvids - I move somewhere, it takes the crows and ravens about 6 months to find me and settle in where they never were before...I take it that they are my guiding animals :) kind of reassuring, actually!

In regard to the visions, you can always ask your inner self for the speed to slow down. And you can always say "not now!", forcibly turn your thoughts elsewhere, and promise you will return to it later. Sometimes that helps.

Thank you! I did google the animals. There is a lot of info out there but I couldn't really figure out how it fits my situation. Maybe it is just more of a protection thing rather than a specific message. The hawks look at me so strangely. They kind of tilt their heads when looking at me...it's like they are studying me or something. lol

As far as the visions, I will definitely keep trying to slow down. It is almost overwhelming at times. I keep seeing a woman jumping into the air, like she is dancing...she is holding a red ribbon (like they use in rythmic dancing). The ribbon turns to fire as she is leaping over and through it. Very strange. This one has shown up dozens of time. It makes no sense to me. sigh.

Thank you again for your thoughts.

Gwynydd

I find a good animal based deck can be great for these types of things, such as Animal Medicine or the Druid Animal Oracle. Some great reading in both, and I've often consulted the meaning of that animal in the books and cards when a certain animal visits.

EmpressArwen

Hawks and eagles are often interpreted as a need to look at your life from a helicopter view, soar like an eagle to go see all the furthest angles and implications your life has. It's about not focusing on the "here and now", it's about focusing on the long-term consequences of the events, actions and feelings. It's a prompt to look at your life with your intuition and at a spiritual level. Whatever you're going through, is not just what it seems, there is a bigger picture at play you can learn from.

Owls are often interpreted as messengers of the spirit world and intuition, another prompt to look from a higher perspective. Don't just see what your physical eyes see: try and see what your inner eye can see - what is the lesson in this situation? How can you find it? How can you best take advantage of it to grow as a person or help someone else grow as a person?

Just a few thoughts :)

I can see how this fits. I'm going through a lot of turmoil right now and its hard to look beyond the here and now when everything is so stressful day to day. Maybe there is a bigger picture that I'm just not seeing. As far as growing...yes, I need to. I have felt very stagnant...like I'm stuck in the same holding pattern unable to move forward. I just can't see where I need to go/what I need to do. So maybe that should be my focus...what is next.

Thank you!!

JadePixie

This might sound a bit kooky but perhaps you're being called to work with a deity that is associated with hawks?

As for slowing the visions down, maybe look at getting some grounding crystals and herbs?

yannie

I would say you need to meditate, psychically protect & ground yourself. They are drawn to the energy around you. That you are getting increased visions along with the birds is no coincidence. It's the energy, the vibes you're giving out - that's how you're communicating with the birds. Maybe your circumstances aren't helping, but feeding into the energy, which in turn affects your circumstances... Yeah it's a vicious cycle, which is why meditation & psychic protection & grounding is so important...

Padma

Interesting thing about these birds - they fly, they hunt, they move on. Maybe the message here is to see the bigger pic, and to try and move on in a direction that better suits. Get your prey where you find it, but don't dwell or remain static.

The other thought that came to mind, with the birds clearly weighing you up and looking at you, is that you may have a spirit guide who is really trying to get your attention at the moment!

EmpressArwen

This might sound a bit kooky but perhaps you're being called to work with a deity that is associated with hawks?

As for slowing the visions down, maybe look at getting some grounding crystals and herbs?

Interesting! I don't know anything about dieties associated with birds but sounds like a good starting point to research. And you are right, I probably need to work on my grounding. Thanks!