Who would like a reprint, or a new edition, of the Rosetta?

JylliM

Just wrap it in a scarf. })

Seriously though, while receiving a lovely package which includes a box is delightful, in practice I usually store my decks in their own homemade silk wraps or bags. The box then gets stuck in a drawer and ignored, which is a waste.

Oh, and thankyou for the prosperity wishes :) I like the positive approach!

Babalon Jones

Oh, I was just talking about the images themselves, i.e. the image/border ratio, not the card size. The card size is fine by me. Larger cards would be welcome, of course, but I'm aware of the limitations of the project.

I am trying to make the image itself as large as possible in the card frame; you can see in the card I'll attach that the side borders are very thin and only enough border on top and bottom to accommodate the glyphs. I think any bigger than what you see here and I'd have to make the whole card bigger.

Just wrap it in a scarf. })

Seriously though, while receiving a lovely package which includes a box is delightful, in practice I usually store my decks in their own homemade silk wraps or bags. The box then gets stuck in a drawer and ignored, which is a waste.

Oh, and thankyou for the prosperity wishes :) I like the positive approach!

You devil with the scarf! :laugh:

Thank you for the feedback. I am trying to find a way to possibly offer both a boxed or bagged version, and an unboxed version. Will see!

Someone gave me the idea of maybe just putting the gold foil in that thin line around in image in just the Majors, which would add a nice touch to distinguish them and maybe be more affordable than foiling the whole 78 cards of the deck.

I have all the Major Arcana files done and the Minors well under way :)

Attachments

• Rosetta border experiment Fortune.jpg
    Rosetta border experiment Fortune.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 141

JylliM

Looks great, Babalon!

FLizarraga

I got the Atu House newsletter today, shock-full of good stuff. I must say that the new Rosetta cards with their papyri borders are looking better and better every time I look at them. I'm a borderphobe, but those borders are as close to perfection as anything I have ever seen --slim, and gently sepia, and nicely textured, and they set off the colors just right.

The idea (and the look) of the hieroglyphics is something I'm liking better and better. And looking at the triumphs, with their Roman numerals on top and their cartouches under the images, it dawned on me that they are sort of the equivalent of the original Rosetta stone in their mix of languages, or alphabets anyway.

I can't hardly wait.

Luna's Crone

i would in standard deck. My deck in a tin has my name in a cartuoche(spelling) that MM did.

Luna's Crone

I am trying to make the image itself as large as possible in the card frame; you can see in the card I'll attach that the side borders are very thin and only enough border on top and bottom to accommodate the glyphs. I think any bigger than what you see here and I'd have to make the whole card bigger.

You devil with the scarf! :laugh:

Thank you for the feedback. I am trying to find a way to possibly offer both a boxed or bagged version, and an unboxed version. Will see!

Someone gave me the idea of maybe just putting the gold foil in that thin line around in image in just the Majors, which would add a nice touch to distinguish them and maybe be more affordable than foiling the whole 78 cards of the deck.

I have all the Major Arcana files done and the Minors well under way :)

yea!!!! the tin set is too small for me to see. I would love a standard too.

mitsuraki

I've literally bought four new decks in the past week just by visiting actual shops. I don't need to buy another one! :( But this one is so pretty...and having that gold line around the image, between image and border, would be so amazing to look at...plus I love Egyptian mythology and culture. I try not to buy decks off of the internet because you just never know what you're going to get when they arrive in the mail, but I think this is a deck I might have to make an exception for if it ends up really becoming a thing...

WHY DID I CLICK THIS LINK? WHYYYYYY???

Also, what is all this scarf madness? I clearly must have missed something lol

Alta

Babalon Jones has started a new thread in Tarot Deck Creation as she is discussing a 'new' deck, in the works:

Rosetta Redux

See that for updates.

Babalon Jones

Babalon Jones has started a new thread in Tarot Deck Creation as she is discussing a 'new' deck, in the works:

Rosetta Redux

See that for updates.

I will keep posts about the artistic creation process and progress in the deck Creation section of the forum. When the cards are done and the reprint is available or at least when I have a release date, it will get posted here to bring the thread full circle, for those watching. And because then it will be a done deck and belong here. Plus probably more likely to be seen here by those waiting for it. But for news between now and whenever-that-is, the thread above will be the place to be. There are still decisions to make about features etc.

Babalon Jones

Rosetta Papyrus is live

At long last, the new full size Rosetta is now available in two versions: Papyrus :party:and Papyrus Gold :royal:. Both have special offers only available for this weekend.
And the :SL Book of Seshet :SL has been reprinted and is now available too. They are at www.tarotcart.com
Happy April Fool's Day! :TFOOL