Premonitions- your experiences

SweetSiren

I wrote about this particular experience when it happened, and as time has passed, it quite bothers me.

The premonition itself was not to warn of danger, in fact I did not know it was one until it happened. I had a dream that I would meet someone. And I don't mean meet and fall in love, just meet. I met them. And that was it. No sweeping changes in my life. No advice that I really needed. It just happened, and that was it.

I had personally never experienced something of that magnitude and true to form before, so when it happened, I expected something to, well, happen. I mean, why else would this be the one thing, of all the events in my life, that would come through to me so vividly before the actual event? And I did indeed try to find out- I certainly couldn't ignore it.

So I'm just wondering if you guys ever experienced premonitions that weren't all that earth shattering, and what do you make of them?

JadePixie

Yeh I get this, I feel that most of my premonition dreams are pretty uneventful or about minor things that are going to happen. I suppose I just observe these happenings without too much attachment these days, when I was younger I was creeped out by my premonitions coming true but now I just kind of go oh that's interesting and try to not pay it too much attention.

SasukeUchiha

Lol, yes.
Similarly as well, when I was meditating, I had a "vision" of my SO's friend, he said, "Hi, and that he would come back into our lives in the next 6mths." He did, nothing spectacular, hubby reconnected after 10years hiatus, they don't really interact though. With this one it was about resonate frequency, not sure if you are familiar with the experience, it's fun to experiment and see what happens as a side effect.

Other ones, that were also rather unspectacular, is "car-dar," being able to foretell a parking spot not just for you but if you are carpooling, ones next to each other.

Another one, I had a vision of a figure floating towards me. (I had an ad up at the time) The figure said he had been communicating with my SO, and wanted to know if a certain price for a kiln was acceptable, I told him yes, and not to worry(ie. don't ask SO since I already told him)he floated away. Later on, SO called and asked the same thing, I gave the same answer again, seriously. I guess the guy doubted himself/intuition(?)...shrugs.

If I may be so bold, most premonitions are rather dull, most people(I've met) are very habitual so if you precog a far-reaching effect, tell the person, more often than not they don't modify their behavior to prevent such things(illness, tragedy, etc.). So not much point there, guess aside from self-affirmation...? I do think it happens to people more often that many realize, but it's so dull, like a whisper, hardly recognized as such, so barely gets developed. With noticing the ho-hum premonitions, it sets the stage for greater ones to come through with greater clarity and effortlessness.

IMHO, sometimes, it's just a part of living in tune with the greater reality of all that is. Synchronicity, those little soulful nods, acknowledgement of your vibration(biofeedback), or interconnectedness that we have as a collective.

What's your take?

celticnoodle

Yes, SweetSiren, I've had this happen to me many, many times myself. I'm not sure why it occurs--perhaps just to let me know that I do have this ability! Perhaps its the same for you too. You KNOW you have this ability. If you perhaps wish to develop it--maybe knowing you can do it--you will develop it to be stronger and get more important messages? *shrugs* I'm not saying this will happen, as I honestly do not know. I get these little messages often-of no real consequence and I get deeper ones too--that lead to bigger messages.

AnemoneRosie

I regularly get 'meaningless' premonitions; I take them to mean that I have psychic abilities. However, because I don't try to develop my psychic abilities (they sort of scare me) they are limited to these sorts of premonitions.

SweetSiren

I'm glad I'm not alone! It was nice reading everyone's comments on the matter.

I experience little premonitions frequently that I can easily carry on afterwards as if it were normal. The one I'm speaking of was so... Out of the blue and unexpected, I felt that it had to be more important. Perhaps the nature of the event itself, it being so out of the blue, is precisely why I had the dream. I was just picking up on a random shift.

It is quite irritating that I experience those sorts of premonitions, and not ones closer to home. My sister recently had puppies, and I would have much more appreciated something like how many puppies would be born. It would still be mundane, but would make more sense to pick that information up more frequently and not nearly as annoying :)

I agree with you Sasuke, that we're just binged in. Mine usually come in dreams and I don't really know it's a premonition until after the fact.

For instance, I had a dream recently I was visiting my friend's aunt. I found out the next day she was on her way here.

Months ago I had a dream that I was staying with an ex in a treehouse in a jungle of South America. I learned today that he's staying in a treehouse in a jungle of South America. The dream was particularly emotional for me, so I thought it was mostly psychological. But upon finding this information out, it makes me wonder why I am "binged" in with him. I'm at this point of trying not to pay too much attention to the premonitions, but I do want to understand the nature of them so I can get some clarity.

celticnoodle

It is quite irritating that I experience those sorts of premonitions, and not ones closer to home. My sister recently had puppies, and I would have much more appreciated something like how many puppies would be born. It would still be mundane, but would make more sense to pick that information up more frequently and not nearly as annoying :)
Now that you have experienced these, you can develop and fine tune your abilities, SweetSiren--if you wish to do so. You will probably always still get these little odd premonitions, but also, you will get some that are "closer to home" as you say.

Mine usually come in dreams and I don't really know it's a premonition until after the fact.
This is also very common, or they can come when you meditate too. This is generally due to the fact that we are very relaxed and open to such information to come to us.

As for your dream with your ex bf, the only reason I can think of is that because you had a tie to him--and obviously a close tie at one time, he is still in your mind. You may not have any relationship at all the present, but you can and probably will get information about him and even others. We don't always get information only for the people currently in our life.

I sometimes will get silly information like meeting someone, and then when I am in the grocery store, that person from my premonition comes up to me to ask me a question about something. I will never run into this person again most likely--they are a complete stranger, but it does sort of throw me into wondering why of all information coming my way, would I need to know ahead of time that I am going to meet this person?

Weirder yet is when I am awake and going about my life in a most ordinary way and in my head I will hear something--such as perhaps hearing someone talking to me, though that person isn't anywhere near me or even in the same U.S. state as I am in. Then 5 or 10 minutes later, the phone will ring and its that someone and after we say our hello's, they will say that very same thing to me! I often wonder, "why?" it's often not even a major thing they are saying. Nothing that would really alter my life anyway.

The dream was particularly emotional for me, so I thought it was mostly psychological. But upon finding this information out, it makes me wonder why I am "binged" in with him. I'm at this point of trying not to pay too much attention to the premonitions, but I do want to understand the nature of them so I can get some clarity.
Well, I'm not sure how to advise you to understanding why you were given the information of your ex--but I can give you some ideas as to how you can develop this ability to be a bit stronger and that will perhaps help you to get stronger premonitions that will be closer to home, if you are interested.

Its not anything that will occur overnight. It will take patience to develop most likely, though some people have it come to them right out and aren't even trying to develop. Everyone is different. So, I'll check back here, to see if you are interested in developing it. I will just recommend some things like books that could help--which you can find yourself too, but at least I can save you some searching. :) Also I would recommend Meditation and making meditation a regular part of your day--every day, to be really effective. I might be able to think of a few other things that could help, and of course there are many, many other people here, on A.T. who could also offer you some guidance, advice and support in this area.

AnemoneRosie

Ok, so I know that I said this:
I regularly get 'meaningless' premonitions; I take them to mean that I have psychic abilities. However, because I don't try to develop my psychic abilities (they sort of scare me) they are limited to these sorts of premonitions.
But I also sort of want to develop them? I'm very conflicted about this.

celticnoodle

Ok, so I know that I said this:

But I also sort of want to develop them? I'm very conflicted about this.

This is understandable. Its a scary thought really, as its not part of our normal way of life. But, I have to say, that I've never had anything really bad ever happen to me as a result of my psychic abilities. I am a scaredy-cat basically, but I honestly am comfortable with my psychic and medium skills, which makes those who know me well laugh, because they know that I scare so easily! :laugh:

What I do recommend highly to everyone is for you to learn how to ground and protect yourself all the time. Even when you are NOT planning to do anything related to using your psychic abilities. Its just good to practice this on a daily and continuous basis, so you're ALWAYS covered! Can bad things happen? Yes, of course, they can. But bad things can happen in anyone life--and DO!

People get in car accidents all the time, but you probably don't even think twice about climbing into your vehicle on a daily basis--even to go get something as trivial as a soda at the corner store! So, don't allow your fears to take over your life, and do practice protection skills, just like you would when you get into your car.

There are many ways to ground and protect yourself. It has become part of my normal morning, day and evening routine now--like brushing my teeth and combing my hair. Every morning, I get out of bed, and stand beside my bed for a few minutes just imagining myself having roots growing out of the souls of my feet and going down beneath the floors of my home and into the ground like the roots of a tree. This is probably the easiest and best way to ground that I know of! Yet another one is also rather easy...eating something for breakfast that is grown in the ground. Such as potatoes or even bread. Eggs would also work--since they come from chickens and chickens eat grass and bugs, etc. :D (though i try not to think of the bugs they eat!)

I also start my day off (most days, though I do get into a rut and forget at times) with a morning prayer meditation. Being raised Catholic and because I have such fond memories of the rosary--it is generally praying the rosary and remembering everyone whom I know are in need of prayers.

I feel like both are great protection also for me. But, you don't have to pray like that if you're not into prayers of this kind. Just ask that God/Goddess/the Universe or better yet--YOUR ANCESTORS! watch over you and keep you safe from all harm.

I am one who believe that our ancestors are ALWAYS with us. They watch over us all the time and want to help us but generally can only do so with our permission.

They are also a great way to begin developing your psychic abilities too. Do you have pictures of your loved ones that are now deceased? Even those you may never have known, such as a grandparent who died before you were born? Pictures make it easier, IMHO to make a connection-but again, they are not really necessary. If you know their name or the title (such as Grandma, Nana, Mimi, Grammy...whatever they went by in life--or even their first names), TALK to them. OFTEN!

We happen to have pics of all our ancestors - those we knew and those who were deceased long before we were even thought of--hanging in our living room and various pics scattered through out our homes of them. I even have my husband talking to them at times. :D

I talk to their pictures all the time. Sharing my ups and downs with them and sometimes just saying "hello". They do come to me a lot. They come to me and offer me information about what is going to happen soon. Happens often enough. But, if you are frightened to actually have them appear to you--just tell them to help you in other ways--perhaps by only sending the thoughts to you as messages. They will do this too-our ancestors do not wish to frighten us. They wish to watch over us and help us.

Meditation I find is really very helpful in this area. But it takes time and practice to get to the point where information will come to you. You need to be patient and you also need to learn to be 'mindful'. By this, I mean to be able to sit still and just 'be'. Don't think about anything. Just clear your mind of all thoughts and sit quietly and 'be'. Its not as easy as you think, especially in today's world. But if you can do this for 3 full minutes and then expand that to 5 and then 10 and so on--building on it--you'll soon see some amazing results! I also feel like this is something you need to be dedicated to and do daily. Even if you only have 3 minutes. Take that 3 minutes and do this.

But, if you are truly apprehensive still of going these routes--then first find some books that speak of others experiences with developing their abilities. There are TONS out there & many in your library that you can borrow. Some of the authors who have many books out there on this type of ability are George Anderson, James Van Praagh, John Edward, Allison Dubois and many, many others. Look for them in Barnes & Noble in the New Age section, generally next to Religious books. Or if you don't have a B&N store near you-other book stores.

I always recommend these 3 AWESOME books to help you develop your abilities. Especially #1 book by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard, because if you belong here to A.T., you are already aware of and interested in reading with cards. This book was written to help you develop your psychic abilities while reading the cards--to get more out of your card readings, but, it will also help you outside of the world of reading tarot or oracle cards too!

1. Psychic Tarot: Using Your Natural Psychic Abilities to Read the Cards by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard. this book is the first one I would recommend you get and work with. Easy to read, easy to understand and very nicely priced.

2. Extraordinary Psychic: Proven Techniques to Master Your Natural Psychic Abilities by Debra Katz. Another fantastic book to help develop your abilities. Again, easy to read, easy to understand and very affordable.

3. You Are Psychic: The Art of Clairvoyant Reading & Healing by Debra Katz.

IMHO, these 3 books are the MUST HAVES in your library if you are interested in developing your psychic abilities. I've used them to fine tune my abilities that I had but had no idea how to control and truly use them correctly. My personal library will always have these 3 books in it.

There are many more--but these 3 are great. And, I believe each of them can be found for less then $15.00 each, brand new! Which these days is also a bargain.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me or post here and I'll try to check back here often. I will mention that I use to be a part of a wonderful psychic-medium online blog that has now disbanded, (sadly, :( ), and we often used the exercises in all three of these books. That blog went on for years, and we had beginner psychics as well as very well 'seasoned' psychics there and people who were just curious but had no intention of developing - (and often still did!) and people who were interested in developing their abilities and joined to get that guidance. These 3 books are really good for this. Get one of them and see for yourself.

SasukeUchiha

Mine usually come in dreams and I don't really know it's a premonition until after the fact.
That's how it started with me as well. Strictly in dreams, then developing into waking life more and more till it became a way or a part of life.

I do agree with Celticnoodle, really covered what I've learned as well very, thoroughly.

Meditation inadvertently really propelled developing premonition into waking life, just like Celticnoodle said. Mindfulness also, daily, observing, witnessing the feeling the sensations of your mind and body, aware of the internal dialog as well...in this non-judgemental state of mind, I found it easier to pick up on the subtle energy fields(whether emotional, mental or spiritual). It's akin to dusting of a receiver or fine-tuning a radio to pick-up more stations. First it felt like maybe I was just imagining stuff, but then people would repeat just what I picked up, or those confirmations(actions/events) would happen more and more. After sometime with that it's gotten to where more senses are involved, not just a flick/movie, but sounds or sensations as well. Seeing auras like a semi-transparent overlay, and knowing what it means. Just incredibly cool "hits" that I wish everyone could enjoy.

Just to add to the grounding, I also recommend "going clear." Emotionally it's equanimity, auric-wise, your aura will look clear, and is like teflon to the icky stuff.