Tinker's Damn Tarot

mydearruby

I would definitely be looking forward to a tinkers'a damn book that goes way beyond merely a companion book as a standalone piece of art. Deviant Moon has worked his companion book toward that direction but of course there are still lots of possibilities to experiment with the topic of tarot, like what has been written by Calvino etc. I wish you could also write something about this alternative ego Augustus Norwood! Every time I saw the extra card telling his story I felt like as if watching a Coen Brother's movie starting with a statement "this is a true story..."

Thanks for your honest opinion on the matching lenormand. I found them beautiful though even from a pure decorative point of view. But of course lenormand is lenormand. There are some card designers I personally sense are more "lenormand-minded," such as Malpertuis the creator of the Tyldwick. But to me Duck soup speaks more of a tarot language.

Freder

THE SANCTUM

The First issue of THE SANCTUM, a projected bi-annual journal on Tarot (specifically featuring texts to supplement and illuminate the various Duck Soup Decks) and Popular Culture, is out now.

The first issue is pretty short -- 30 fully-packed 8.5 x 11" pages -- because I had to write the whole damned thing myself. There is a "call for submissions" on the contents page, and it's my hope this will generate articles from other contributors that will help flesh future issues out.

Print copies are pricey at $13.99, but the downloadable PDF is a steal at $1.99.

Read about it here:
http://mysterydecks.tarotbyducksoup.com/p/the-san.html

Thank you!!

Freder

Thanks, earthair;

I'm aware of this problem on some screens / systems. I can't seem to get it any higher; which sounds like a personal problem but actually has to do with the template I'm forced to use. I suppose that a different host would serve me better but... yeah, I can see seventeen kinds of catastrophes arising from moving my site, and I don't wanna go through that. I'm going to have to continue to rely on my visitors to scroll down.

DT

Freder

First Edition Standard Size is now OUT OF PRINT.

TINKER'S DAMN TAROT, First Edition, is now OUT OF PRINT in Standard Tarot Size. I am working on a new edition that I hope will be even better than the First. Watch the site for updates.

The Standard Size special HALLOWEEN EDITION remains available until October 31, and the First Edition Deck will remain available in JUMBO SIZE for the foreseeable future.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

Freder

*SIGH*

Update 8.24.15: The Tarot-Sized First Edition of Tinker's Damn Tarot is BACK. Visit the blog at www.ducksoup.me if you want to know the details of what happened.

The good news is... the deck now comes with a downloadable 12-page Little White Booklet in PDF format, featuring keywords for every card, a couple of Tarot spreads and more.

If you have already bought the deck, email me using the sidebar link at the site and I will send instructions for downloading your copy. Everyone, retroactively, gets a PDF Little White Booklet with this deck!

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

daphne

Update 8.24.15: The Tarot-Sized First Edition of Tinker's Damn Tarot is BACK. Visit the blog at www.ducksoup.me if you want to know the details of what happened.

The good news is... the deck now comes with a downloadable 12-page Little White Booklet in PDF format, featuring keywords for every card, a couple of Tarot spreads and more.

If you have already bought the deck, email me using the sidebar link at the site and I will send instructions for downloading your copy. Everyone, retroactively, gets a PDF Little White Booklet with this deck!

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

Pity the deal is off with the printing Chinese company... I like and want this deck but the price is too high for me. Maybe in the future will be another opportunity to print for a good price or some mass market company will produce it. Lots of success!

Freder

Issue No. 2 of THE SANCTUM is available now in both PDF eBook (cheap!) and paperback (outrageous!) editions. This bi-annual "Bookazine" features tips, card meanings, spreads, and more to do with all of Duck Soup's mighty Tarot and Oracle decks, plus features, cultural columns and more! For the second issue, the magazine has been re-sized and expanded: this issue is 62 fully-packed pages. Decks Featured this issue are The Zirkus Midway Arcana, Tinker's Damn Tarot, The Marvelous Oracle of Oz, and more. A new column ("The Collector") joins the regular features, and this issue includes a Special Section on Halloween-themed Music, Tarot, Film and Culture.

Issue #1 was a START. This is another step, hopefully in the right direction.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

CharlotteK

Update 8.24.15: The Tarot-Sized First Edition of Tinker's Damn Tarot is BACK.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

Please can someone send me a link the pdf LBW? I bought the deck off another AT member but she's not sure she has the PDF. I've emailed Ducksoup but have not heard back yet.

This is my DOTW and there are a few cards I would LOVE to know what the intended meaning is as they are quite unusual or different, e.g. six of coins.

Thank you! 🙂

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk