Ho'oponopono

Michellehihi

The Doctor who tried this method is Dr. Hew Len, Hawaiian Native. He cured the people from a mental facility in Hawaii and the mental hospital eventually shut down.. :)

It is not exactly what I heard. It was a prison, with an area for mentally ill hardened criminals where nobody wanted to work because the inmates were so dangerous. With this mantra he healed all the inmates from their mental pain, and they were eventually able to return to the main area of the prison and they closed that special maximum security area.

Lailai

It is not exactly what I heard. It was a prison, with an area for mentally ill hardened criminals where nobody wanted to work because the inmates were so dangerous. With this mantra he healed all the inmates from their mental pain, and they were eventually able to return to the main area of the prison and they closed that special maximum security area.

The Zero Limits book says it's a Mental hospital.. It's also in youtube Dr. Hew Lin explaining things on how he did it :)

think

I just watched a youtube video because of this thread too and in that it said the mental ward of a prison. Every inmate was cured and set free. It says the same in articles on the website as well.

Which, I must admit, makes me sceptical:
- Apparently this Dr Hew Len guy never saw the inmates. He looked at their records from an office in the institution and then he healed himself, which worked to heal them.
- And secondly, how could they let out dangerous criminals in only a few months?

I did a meditation though and I think it could work wonders. For oneself. Believing that healing others by healing yourself requires some kind of religious belief, no? And if this Hew Len guy is that good, why has he not healed the whole world, or I dunno, more prisons or something?

Debra

It seems like a good practice, not too different from other meditation affirmations of self-love and self-worth.

A friend of mine works at the Hawaii State Hospital. This is where they confine people with mental illness who are in the criminal justice system--people awaiting trial, convicted, on parole, etc.

The idea that a psychologist could cure a whole ward of psychiatric patients that they haven't even met -- I wouldn't believe that for one second.

Here's an Amazon book review that discusses the "cure" claim, written by a psychiatrist who worked at the hospital during that time. http://www.amazon.com/review/R34S31...19F4115WP#R34S319F4115WP.2115.Helpful.Reviews

Basically, this famous "cure" is total bullshit.

Emma313

How can you say to yourself "please forgive me" if its yourself talking to yourself??

Dont get it, sorry

Michellehihi

How can you say to yourself "please forgive me" if its yourself talking to yourself??

Dont get it, sorry

To the contrary, you totally get it! The real method is to go to the person who is upset (whether the problem is with you or not is not important, as long as you want to help that person) and you talk to her. It is not a magic formula, it is reconnecting with one another, acknowledging that we are one and if someone feels bad, it means that person was surrounded with bad energy and I am responsible for that on a cosmic level. If you go on wikipedia it explains the origin of this practice.

Emma313

To the contrary, you totally get it! The real method is to go to the person who is upset (whether the problem is with you or not is not important, as long as you want to help that person) and you talk to her. It is not a magic formula, it is reconnecting with one another, acknowledging that we are one and if someone feels bad, it means that person was surrounded with bad energy and I am responsible for that on a cosmic level. If you go on wikipedia it explains the origin of this practice.

No, still dont get it.

If we are one (I dont beleve in this btw) then how can we not be "you and me" at the same time, so yea, you must be talking to yourself

I read a part of Indian philosophy once and there was a diagram that went with it. I will try describe it. It was like the Sun/golden light/God and it shone through some lattice type grid..so the light went through all the holes...the recipient of the light through the holes were the billions of people...so in that sense we are all one origin...but we are separete for a good reason...sanity

The example you quoted about reaching out is just about kindness empathy a need to soothe problems and such things....how you got to you are responsible on a cosmic level for that person feeling bad is beyond me....thats not to say do not help and be kind to as many people as you want but being cosmically responsible? That sounds scary