Spirit visit from the living??

crystalrose

Hi crystalrose,
I'm sorry you felt you needed to cut the ex out of your life, but I hope you're feeling healthier now and able to heal without contact. It might be that your emotions are very intense right now and you felt his lurking presence because your subconscious still does. As a sensitive person (intuitively) you're able to feel more intensely when it comes to feelings. His energy will linger with you for a while until you can disconnect your energy from his, which takes time. As you mentioned he doesn't do any out of body stuff or astral travel, I would think it's more the emotional and spiritual hold he has on your subconscious still. Hopefully, the connection with him - emotional and spiritual - will lessen with time and distance and you eventually won't feel his presence in any way. All the best to you. :heart:

Thank you for the kind words MissNine. :heart: You are right, I am very sensitive to people's emotions. Last night, I consciously decided that I do not want to be connected to his emotions anymore and I slept just fine and woke up feeling normal. Yesterday, I was feeling pretty emotional and off-kilter, but I'm good now. :)

crystalrose

I'd like to add that I too get sleep paralysis, and I've learned how to turn it into lucid dreaming. Some call it astral projection, but I'm not convinced that actually happens.

But when I am in sleep paralysis, I can feel myself leaving my body and going back to it. I haven't been able to do this a lot because it takes a lot of effort. I've never hallucinated during sleep paralysis, though. I just go back into dream world very aware of my state of mind. But I understand what you mean to feel someone's presence very strongly, even more so than in waking life.

That's interesting. Sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming have always been separate for me.

Unfortunately, when I have sleep paralysis and fall back asleep, I go through an annoying cycle of falling in and out of being paralyzed until I force myself out of bed. Sometimes when I'm paralyzed, I may hear strange music or see weird entities like bugs and other random creepy stuff. But it's definitely me in my bed having a hallucination.

Lucid dreaming is more fun. I'll be dreaming and then become aware that it's a dream and then start consciously doing cool stuff in the dream. It used to happen to me a lot as a kid, but very rarely now.

I've never attempted to leave my body, though. That sounds too scary for me.

celticnoodle

Celtic, when you astrally projected, how did it happen? Did you do it on purpose?

I'm sorry. so much going on here, I totally forgot about this thread and only just recalled it. The first few times I astrally projected, it was something that just occurred. I didn't plan it at all and had no idea how to start it/force it. However, I found a system that worked well for me to make it occur.

I'd meditate a bit first and then if I had a place I wanted to go to--I would draw a picture of it on a piece of paper. Not that I'm a great artist, but for example, once I decided to try and visit a person I knew who lived in Australia--while I live in the U.S. I had never been to Australia before, but I drew a rough sketch of the U.S. and then one of Australia and I put this woman's name on the sketch also in the part that was Australia--and then I closed my eyes and did a visualization of me being in Australia at this woman's home.

The amazing thing about this was that it worked! I swear I could feel the cool air as I left my body and 'flew' out of my home and across the land, the ocean and then land again and all of a sudden I found myself in a home. I walked room from room, remembering what the floor was like, the colors of the walls, the furniture and how it was layed out. I recall peeking into one bedroom and it was a boys room with pendants pinned to the wall over his bed. The next bedroom had this woman friend in bed sleeping--and her dog was with her. The dog sensed me, and woke up and looked at me and gave a small little bark--quietly. But the woman didn't sense me (she was a psychic medium friend) and told her dog to lay down and be quiet. :laugh: Howevr, the dog jumped out of bed and began to follow me.

I walked into the next room which was their living room and saw her husband, sitting on the couch and drinking a beer while watching television. All of this was so clear to me as if I were right there in person for real.

The next day, I shared what I experienced with her and she was so amazed, because I got everything right about what happened the night before. She had gone to bed early--right after putting her kids to bed. Her son did have pendants hanging on the wall over his bed. The dog was in bed w/her, woke up before she was asleep, and began a quiet bark--nothing sinsister, so she wasn't worried. She told him to shut up and he jumped out of bed and left. Her husband was in the living room, watching television and drinking a beer that night too. I had gotten everything right.

There were other psychics who did this same exercise and they also had the same sort of experience, having the ability to tell her house layout and the colors and the furniture pieces in it. It was all rather interesting.

After this--I used this way to help me travel astrally many times and it seemed to work pretty much every time, I think. I also would just concentrate on it and 'see' it happening in my mind--w/o drawing it on paper. But, in the beginning, it seemed to help me if I drew it first.

One of the first times I experienced this w/o even trying to do so--not even thinking of it, I traveled astrally to my daughters house - who lives hundreds of miles away from me. I entered right through her front door, and I remember standing there in the entry way and I could see both my daughter and her husband sitting on the couch watching a movie and both of their dogs were also there on the couch with them.

Their dogs jumped off the couch when they saw me and came running to me all excited that "nana" was there to visit! They were barking--but not the type of bark that was for someone knocking at the door--more of a bark that was happy and excited. My daughter and sil kept telling them to shut up and come lie down--no one was there! The poor pooches were so confused--because they could see me--they kept running to them and then running back to the door and my dau and sil would yell at them again. it was quite confusing to htem. My daughter threw one of the couch pillows towards them when they kept it up and with that, the turned and walked away--but kept looking at me too--and then I was gone.

The next day, I c. my daughter to tell her what I experienced and she was so amazed as was my son in law. I'm sure the grandpooches were still surprised and confused though as to why no one but them could see Nana had come to visit! :D

headincloud

shot in the dark but could this be a straight forward dream that speaks of intrusion of your personal space and unrest, not literal astral travel but metaphorically significant. Was there a dynamic in the relationship he was operating below your conscious awareness, coming in from your blind side and playing on your vulnerabilities rep by sleep state.

Perhaps he's causing or was causing a heavy imbalance on your support system or peace, did he consciously seek to disturb you and you failed to notice because I'm seeing a thimble so the message is protect yourself but also protection surrounds you.

crystalrose

Ok, so I have an update to the thread. Through an odd coincidence, I ended up speaking to my ex. He did say that he missed me and that after I blocked his number, he thought about showing up to my apt, but he decided not to because that would be invading my personal space! That pretty much confirmed to me that he did either travel astrally or I was picking up on his longing, like you guys said.

I told him about my dream and his spirit visiting me, and as expected he didn't remember a thing. He asked if it made me think he was dead, and I said no I knew he was still alive... Then he asked if I googled spirits visiting while alive and that made me lol internally. I didn't tell him about my thread on the board.

Another interesting thing he said in the convo was that he knew I have not been feeling well lately, which I haven't.

Anyway, all of this to me points to some kind of psychic connection still being open & I'm leaning towards believing he did actually astrally travel to visit me that night.

celticnoodle

Thank you for the update and yes, it does seem to support your dream and what everyone suspected. I'm glad you got some sort of confirmation to that dream.