Dream meaning: I got shot today! 😨

bluelagune

If anyone has seen this type of dream, please share what happened to you or if you know how to interpret it, also please share.

Dream: There were many things in my dream but this portion surprised me. I'm with someone in school or mall, a type of hallway facing a door. We are talking and out of the blue, woman tells me get down and pretend dead. I understand her instantly. We lay on the floor. The man with a rifle approached us and the shot me in the leg, stomach and back. After the first shot I thought he would go away but he kept shooting. The next thing I know I'm in my truck and someone drove into my side. The truck tickers on one side, then drops on it and then slides on the highway. I'm fricking out, not for me but the innocent people on the highway. So this is bumper to bumper traffic day. But then suddenly I got a chance to straighten my truck. Hit gas and was on my way down another ramp and onto another highway ...

I also pulled cards for this dream. If anyone is interested, I'll post them in the reading forum.

Thanks guys.

Starri Knytes

I would venture go say that you should pay attention to your health. There are nerves in both lower abdomen and lower back that will send shooting pain down the leg. I would imagine that the highways are the route you will take to try to sort this issue out. (you may feel as though drs are giving you the run around).

Just a thought while I'm out and about .. :)

violetdaisy

Ailments & Trust

With being shot I would be concerned with "ailments" in those areas. Pain, inflammation, ulcers, etc.

Something happens (vehicle runs into side of your vehicle) to force you to take notice, but you're distracted by the needs of others. After you have your priorities sorted you choose the fastest path to take care of you.

Oh, trust, in my title, trust when someone warns you you're putting yourself at risk.

celticnoodle

I like the ideas expressed in the two posts above, but I still went and looked it up in the dream dictionary that I love. This is what it said about being shot:

To dream that someone is shooting you with a gun suggests that you are experiencing some confrontation in your waking life. You may be feeling victimized in some situation. If you dream that someone is shooting you in the back, then it means that you are involved with some questionable people who may be harmful to your well-being. It also implies that you are too trusting of others.

To dream that you are shot or being shot at represents a form of self-punishment that you may be subconsciously imposing on yourself. You may have done something that you are ashamed of or are not proud of. If you are shot and come back as a different person, then it indicates that you need to start fresh. You want to wipe the past away and literally become a new person.

so, if you feel you are being victimized or you are punishing yourself about something--you need to take care of these things, so that you can move forward.

I know to dream of being on the highway that it is speaking of the life goals you have set for yourself. Having dreamed of all the mishaps you are having on the highway in this dream I would say is telling you that you are having any of these same setbacks in your waking life. so, your last line is a bit of advice for you, I'd think--

But then suddenly I got a chance to straighten my truck. Hit gas and was on my way down another ramp and onto another highway ...

I think it is telling you that a way off this roller coaster that is holding you back will become available to you--but w/o much notice (you 'suddenly' got the chance...) so-be watching for your chance and take it when it comes to you! I think it will show up fast and w/o any idea of it coming to you. So be ready for it!

bluelagune

I would venture go say that you should pay attention to your health. There are nerves in both lower abdomen and lower back that will send shooting pain down the leg. I would imagine that the highways are the route you will take to try to sort this issue out. (you may feel as though drs are giving you the run around).

Just a thought while I'm out and about .. :)

Thanks for reminding me! 😊Yes, had that pain. I'm aware what that is and I do have to make an appointment with Dr. However, the location was different from the one listed above. If was upper right back, lower right abdomen but closer to where liver is, and leg was left lover calf.

bluelagune

With being shot I would be concerned with "ailments" in those areas. Pain, inflammation, ulcers, etc.
I do want to check liver too. Thanks

Something happens (vehicle runs into side of your vehicle) to force you to take notice, but you're distracted by the needs of others. After you have your priorities sorted you choose the fastest path to take care of you.
You are right. At the moment I'm taking care of someone who is a family member. No choice in the matter. However, health issues yes I do have to check them.

Oh, trust, in my title, trust when someone warns you you're putting yourself at risk.
I do not know who the lady is but although she does look like my ex mother. I'm also kinda playing dead in my real life but I don't think a person is buying it. Maybe that's what she's been trying to warn me about. .. pretend dead no matter what.

bluelagune

So, if you feel you are being victimized or you are punishing yourself about something--you need to take care of these things, so that you can move forward.
Yes, I feel victimized. Correction, I felt victimized because I kept leaving things to fate to correct things and now I made a consious choice to do something. Something along the lines of "playing dead". Unfortunately, don't think the person bought it. Will see.

I know to dream of being on the highway that it is speaking of the life goals you have set for yourself. Having dreamed of all the mishaps you are having on the highway in this dream I would say is telling you that you are having any of these same setbacks in your waking life. so, your last line is a bit of advice for you, I'd think--
yes, I have a set back in life goals because I was too trusting. Well we live and learn. So I made a decision to change something. I'm consern ed that the those people who throw sticks into my wheels did not really buy it but I did not respond to confirm or deny the statement.

I think it is telling you that a way off this roller coaster that is holding you back will become available to you--but w/o much notice (you 'suddenly' got the chance...) so-be watching for your chance and take it when it comes to you! I think it will show up fast and w/o any idea of it coming to you. So be ready for it!
Wow, well I'll keep you posted! 😆
Thank you 👍

danieljuk

:( sorry you had this horrible dream bluelagune!

The dream is sending a message to pay attention and I see this as a message of your conscious life (the ego) to your unconscious life. A gun man puts you in danger and you should hide but you get shot in certain areas. Then someone tries to run you off the road. I agree with violet and Starri about those areas of your body and if anything is wrong in health terms.

I think another way of looking at it is that it's a manifestation of your issues if this is not about health problems. Does someone make you feel threatened or a victim in your waking life? Do you have issues about the areas you were shot and maybe you have an anxiety about driving if that did happen to you on the road?

This to me feels like a really complicated deep message in your dream and something you have to confront, but I would do some work on yourself about your insecurities. This is an anxiety dream for sure because you are being chased and made to feel vulnerable but also about having to defend yourself in those situations when you are almost completely powerless (but you do try to escape each time). I think you have to personally explore what in your conscious life this points to like for example you don't like to show your legs or you feel less comfortable around men, something like that. It's highlighting something you need to deal with, just some ideas!

Saskia

The man with a rifle approached us and the shot me in the leg, stomach and back. After the first shot I thought he would go away but he kept shooting. The next thing I know I'm in my truck and someone drove into my side. Hit gas and was on my way down another ramp and onto another highway ...

Hi BL, I'd read this to mean you feel you're under attack by someone. Bullets in my dreams mean verbal attack/abuse and someone is also trying to ram you out of your own way, i.e. meddling with your life, trying to change your course (pushing the car off the way).

Are you in a situation where someone is attacking your opinions, lifestyle, choices or you as a person in general? Or do you fear that will soon happen, it's all bubbling under? Do you feel criticised and persuaded, or downright bullied to do something you don't want to, or be someone you don't want to be? In this dream, you're fighting to stay on your own course, live your own life freely, but you are being forced by others to veer offcourse, both trough words and actions. Is this how feels in your real life?

bluelagune

:( sorry you had this horrible dream bluelagune!

The dream is sending a message to pay attention and I see this as a message of your conscious life (the ego) to your unconscious life. A gun man puts you in danger and you should hide but you get shot in certain areas. Then someone tries to run you off the road. I agree with violet and Starri about those areas of your body and if anything is wrong in health terms.
Yes, definatly will go to check things out next week. It seems like everyone has picked up on this 😊

I think another way of looking at it is that it's a manifestation of your issues if this is not about health problems. Does someone make you feel threatened or a victim in your waking life?
Yes, I have a few people who ... the best word is stalking and bullying me into submission. It's all work related: I quit this place few years back but there are a few people who want to force me to go back. I'm hiding the best I can but with social media and busy buddies who have nothing else to do but to meddle in other people's business, it's kinda hard.

Do you have issues about the areas you were shot and maybe you have an anxiety about driving if that did happen to you on the road?
I have no anxiety of driving on the road. I have anxiety over the people who do not wish to leave me be.

This to me feels like a really complicated deep message in your dream and something you have to confront, but I would do some work on yourself about your insecurities. This is an anxiety dream for sure because you are being chased and made to feel vulnerable but also about having to defend yourself in those situations when you are almost completely powerless (but you do try to escape each time). I think you have to personally explore what in your conscious life this points to like for example you don't like to show your legs or you feel less comfortable around men, something like that. It's highlighting something you need to deal with, just some ideas!
My life is a lot about escaping people from my past. I did recognising the truck is representation of my career because each time I dreamt of it getting in accident or some problem, I always has problems at work. Yes, to other people trying to derail me. I feel powerless sometimes because they would not go away. The trased me across a country. I was stupid enough to believe someone and kept contact but all he did was pass information to destroy me. I stopped contact this year and now hoping it's finally over and I can resume my life. So I did understand the car dream, more or less.
The getting shot was a surprise dream. The body parts that were shot, I have no issues with them at the moment. Of course, I'll see a Dr. Next week but I can't really see why the person chose to shoot me.