Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

Laura Borealis

Attachments

• a kinder gentler club.jpg
    a kinder gentler club.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 143

Padma

I would never. :p

And I prettied up that card for her. No more primary colors. ;)

bwahahahahaha! Thanks :) you really did give me quite a chuckle, Laura! And I love the bee and sunflowers, too! :love: IMO, you greatly improved that card! Say...you could redo the entire 1JJ....

I've just read a few pages back about the MAT and was following along curiously, until I saw your post on the 8 of Pents card, Laura. Thanks for that! Now I see it is a Thoth, I am no longer so inclined ;) besides, hard to imagine anyone could beat out Babalon insofar as Thoth-y art goes!

FLizarraga

Miriam GARGOYLES?!? πŸ˜‚ I'm dying FLizarraga (talk about a Freudian slipπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ )

Oh, GOD, no! Poor Miriam, I'd never do that to her! Well, consciously anyway.

The saddest thing about this is, it's not even MY Freudian slip (and I make plenty) but my computer's, who has become more domineering with each operating system update... :(

I would never. :p

And I prettied up that card for her. No more primary colors. ;)

I'm dying here. Please stooooooooooop!!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I've just read a few pages back about the MAT and was following along curiously, until I saw your post on the 8 of Pents card, Laura. Thanks for that! Now I see it is a Thoth, I am no longer so inclined ;) besides, hard to imagine anyone could beat out Babalon insofar as Thoth-y art goes!

Gotta agree with you there. Babalon remains undisputed Queen of Thothiness. Which reminds me, her colored Tabula Mundi is coming up on Kickstarter or wherever. What to do? Get the MAT, or back the color Tabula Mundi? Decisions, decisions...

Dee Ell

Oh, GOD, no! Poor Miriam, I'd never do that to her! Well, consciously anyway.

The saddest thing about this is, it's not even MY Freudian slip (and I make plenty) but my computer's, who has become more domineering with each operating system update... :(

Gotta agree with you there. Babalon remains undisputed Queen of Thothiness. Which reminds me, her colored Tabula Mundi is coming up on Kickstarter or wherever. What to do? Get the MAT, or back the color Tabula Mundi? Decisions, decisions...

As long as they don't release an OS update named Hal...

Do you already have the b&w Tabula Mundi? If so, you should get the MAT. In fact, even if you don't, you should still get the MATπŸ˜‰ (admittedly my advice is just coming from pure self interest of wanting to know what a non-Thothiologist thinks of it πŸ˜‚ )

Laura Borealis

bwahahahahaha! Thanks :) you really did give me quite a chuckle, Laura! And I love the bee and sunflowers, too! :love: IMO, you greatly improved that card! Say...you could redo the entire 1JJ....

:laugh: See, then I'd HAVE to buy one, so I can scan it. But USG would sue my pants off, and then where would I be? Pantsless, that's where.

Oh but this one corrects Uncle Al's mistakes! (And I have to agree on some... like changing Lust back to Strength, it was radical at the time but it's not necessary now... other changes, I don't know enough about to have an informed opinion.)

But no, I don't think it's your bag. Too lurid. Too many coc*COUGH*ROOsters. Etc. And naturally there is no comparison to our Babylon and her precise, exquisite art.

Barleywine

As long as they don't release an OS update named Hal...

Slight diversion into trivia. I once read that "HAL" was Kubrick's sly transliteration of "IBM," in which the letters were shifted one place. H = I, A = B and L = M.

Anise

I purchased Mutational Alchemy thanks to this thread!

-SNIP-

On the MAT, however, @FLizarraga--

ohmygosh, I want it, I need it, we need it--do we need it?

does ANYONE have any actual knowledge about the cardstock? hahah. maybe if I make sure to find my bedazzler first...

The artist's video made the cards look glossy and plasticky, so I expected it to be laminated and toothy the way Bicycle cards are. The stock is actually paper-like, and the cards shine in light but don't feel coated. The artist said they used the same printer as Baba did for Victorian Romantic, so I compared my 2e to MAT and they were of similar weight; the backs seem identical in textured finish, but the fronts of the MAT cards feel even smoother than Vic Rom. I like to riffle but it's tough with this deck. They overhand wonderfully though.

Laura Borealis

Thanks Anise, it sounds awesome. I love a nice papery cardstock.

Have you read with it yet?

Anise

mutational alchemy

I did a few interesting one card pulls. When I asked why I was drawn to this deck at this time, I pulled 7 Pentacles, Failure. :bugeyed: That was one of the cards on their site that stood out because the picture doesn't initially evoke its keyword, but the image was helpful on an intuitive level. On a hexagram level...um. This deck is out of my league, but...GD decks with pretty art seem scarce in supply, and I'm sure this deck will sell out well before I've learned enough to do it justice.

Laura Borealis

It's out of my league too, but I want to understand it a bit, even if I can only grasp the basics. The book introduction on their site is helping a bit with the hexagrams and pentagrams, though it will take effort to wrap my head around...

I like that card you pulled. The maiden crowning the dragon, all the gold and green - lovely.