The dead people ... anyone here has the gift of seeing them?

Flames

Flames, That is so cool about "Mary's Well". I love that story. :) thank you for sharing it. I recall how you are very close to the Blessed Mother, like I am too. So when I hear stories like this, it just gives me a warm feeling all over.

Yeah, me too. I think of this often - actually, every time I see an image of her, which is pretty much, everyday!! :)

I'm fascinated by your experiences, CN. It seems so natural, like a normal part of your life. I wish I wasn't so afraid, y'know? Last night, I had this amazing experience that I was floating in the air above an open road. It was almost dark out and I could see a white cloud as I floated/flew near it. What was weird is that I was floating (or flying) face up. It felt like I was lying down but being carried towards this white cloud, kind of like floating in water. And of course, I got scared, and suddenly I became conscious of the fact that I was there and I wondered if I would see something I didn't want to see...I must have been going in and out of consciousness but then I saw that I was floating above my bed knowing full well that my body was underneath me. I didn't want to look down and so I didn't and 'woke up'. But this fear thing - it prevents me from experiencing anything further. I stop myself in my own tracks...

celticnoodle

Yeah, me too. I think of this often - actually, every time I see an image of her, which is pretty much, everyday!! :)

I don't see her every day, but I also do see her frequently. :) I also see Jesus a lot, but I see his mother the most. I love it too. :)
I'm fascinated by your experiences, CN. It seems so natural, like a normal part of your life. I wish I wasn't so afraid, y'know?

Well, I think because I grew up in a home where we had spirits ALL the time and it was natural for us to always see them helped. However, even though it was the norm, when we were young, sometimes (like when we had to go upstairs to use the bathroom and it was dark upstairs...) we'd get scared. Or when mom & dad moved to a new home and had a basement with all the 'extra' foods--that place was loaded with spirits and we weren't always thrilled to go down to that pantry--neither were the grandkids! :laugh: But, for the most part--we were use to seeing spirits all our lives.

Just an idea for you--have you ever tried to just connect with a deceased loved one? One that wouldn't frighten you, such as a parent or grandparent or dear friend? That may make it easier for you and you can just control it to where it is ONLY a dear loved one in the spirit world.

Last night, I had this amazing experience that I was floating in the air above an open road. It was almost dark out and I could see a white cloud as I floated/flew near it. What was weird is that I was floating (or flying) face up. It felt like I was lying down but being carried towards this white cloud, kind of like floating in water. And of course, I got scared, and suddenly I became conscious of the fact that I was there and I wondered if I would see something I didn't want to see...I must have been going in and out of consciousness but then I saw that I was floating above my bed knowing full well that my body was underneath me. I didn't want to look down and so I didn't and 'woke up'. But this fear thing - it prevents me from experiencing anything further. I stop myself in my own tracks...
ah! I think you are astral traveling it sounds like! :thumbsup: I do that too and love that as well. If you are interested in developing this as well, let me know and I can give you a few ideas.

Always know, when you are astral traveling, anytime you just want to go back, all you do is think this and then you're back! Can't be simpler.

Happy Travels! :D

Flames

I don't see her every day, but I also do see her frequently. :) I also see Jesus a lot, but I see his mother the most. I love it too. :)

Oh no, I meant that I have pics of her in my home so when I look at her, I'm reminded of this dream. I've seen her in dreams and also Jesus but definitely not every day!

Well, I think because I grew up in a home where we had spirits ALL the time and it was natural for us to always see them helped. However, even though it was the norm, when we were young, sometimes (like when we had to go upstairs to use the bathroom and it was dark upstairs...) we'd get scared. Or when mom & dad moved to a new home and had a basement with all the 'extra' foods--that place was loaded with spirits and we weren't always thrilled to go down to that pantry--neither were the grandkids! :laugh: But, for the most part--we were use to seeing spirits all our lives.

Fascinating. I just love that 'normal' feel about it, so matter of fact. It just IS.

Just an idea for you--have you ever tried to just connect with a deceased loved one? One that wouldn't frighten you, such as a parent or grandparent or dear friend? That may make it easier for you and you can just control it to where it is ONLY a dear loved one in the spirit world.

There is someone. Okay, I'll try.

ah! I think you are astral traveling it sounds like! :thumbsup: I do that too and love that as well. If you are interested in developing this as well, let me know and I can give you a few ideas.

Always know, when you are astral traveling, anytime you just want to go back, all you do is think this and then you're back! Can't be simpler.

Happy Travels! :D

I was just reading about out of body experiences and how similar they are to lucid dreams (which I experience very often), though OBE's can be distinctly different. When I saw the white cloud, I knew that whatever thought entered my mind about it or anything else, for that matter, could have an effect on my experience or that whatever I desired to happen, could and would happen...so I'm very selective about what thoughts I want to have and very careful about directing these thoughts so that I can control my experience to some extent. One time, I was flying over buildings and trees and then I thought - the stars, show me the stars - and within a flash, I was above the earth and zooming in towards the stars (and it was scary and exhilarating at the same time)! Lots of blackness, too. There's also a sense of a cord, like there's a cord connecting me to my body but I don't look down to verify it.

Oh, I have to share this, one time I was lying down on the couch and fell asleep and when I opened my eyes - my astral eyes - I could could see the room I was in and everything in it. Then I moved my arm and when I moved it, I realized it wasn't my physical arm that was moving, but my astral arm. It had tiny stars, like a shimmering light all around it. That's when I realized that my body was asleep but I was awake. I saw that I was lying down on the sofa. I kept moving my arm and then I tapped my fingers in the air because I had noticed a rippling effect like throwing a pebble in water,and wondered what that was all about. So I moved my fingers and arm into the air and it started to disappear into another place, I guess - like some kind of portal. Of course, it scared the crap out of me...but I've always wondered where I would have entered if I had just gone for it. Before this moment, I did look down and noticed a shiny silver chain coming out of my belly button. I did google this later to see what I could find and silver chain did come up, so I found that very interesting. Happy Travels to you too, CN! Thanks for the tips! :) :heart:

Starri Knytes

I saw my dead aunt at her son's (my cousin's) wedding. She stood off to the side of the altar as they said their vows although it's rare for me to have such distinct sightings. I'm more likely left with impressions. However, I've not had nearly as many now as I used to have.
I had one similar not too long ago...
A friend's brother passed recently and while getting ready for the memorial her deceased sister popped in and said,

"*giggle* Aren't you the lady with the Ouija board?“

I gather she has a message to share. Unfortunately I didn't feel the time was right to approach my friend to gage her interest. Perhaps I'll do that soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

celticnoodle

Oh no, I meant that I have pics of her in my home so when I look at her, I'm reminded of this dream. I've seen her in dreams and also Jesus but definitely not every day!
oh! okay. I have pics and statues of the B.M. everywhere--including outside. :D Hubby is use to it now, but at first it sort of drove him nuts. I have about 3 or 4 large statues (over 18" tall--probably closer to 2 or 3' tall)-two that are outdoor statues. Then a few smaller ones as well. I also bought a gorgeous statue of Jesus in Quebec when we visited there. I LOVE THEM.

I was just reading about out of body experiences and how similar they are to lucid dreams (which I experience very often), though OBE's can be distinctly different. When I saw the white cloud, I knew that whatever thought entered my mind about it or anything else, for that matter, could have an effect on my experience or that whatever I desired to happen, could and would happen...so I'm very selective about what thoughts I want to have and very careful about directing these thoughts so that I can control my experience to some extent. One time, I was flying over buildings and trees and then I thought - the stars, show me the stars - and within a flash, I was above the earth and zooming in towards the stars (and it was scary and exhilarating at the same time)! Lots of blackness, too. There's also a sense of a cord, like there's a cord connecting me to my body but I don't look down to verify it.

I have never seen my body laying in bed nor have I ever seen the cord (at least, I can't recall this). I have traveled astrally a lot too, but I also don't really recall having control of it like you-- saying things "show me the stars"--though maybe I just don't think of it as I'm traveling. I really do need to work on this more and develop it more perhaps?

Oh, I have to share this, one time I was lying down on the couch and fell asleep and when I opened my eyes - my astral eyes - I could could see the room I was in and everything in it. Then I moved my arm and when I moved it, I realized it wasn't my physical arm that was moving, but my astral arm. It had tiny stars, like a shimmering light all around it. That's when I realized that my body was asleep but I was awake. I saw that I was lying down on the sofa. I kept moving my arm and then I tapped my fingers in the air because I had noticed a rippling effect like throwing a pebble in water,and wondered what that was all about. So I moved my fingers and arm into the air and it started to disappear into another place, I guess - like some kind of portal. Of course, it scared the crap out of me...but I've always wondered where I would have entered if I had just gone for it. Before this moment, I did look down and noticed a shiny silver chain coming out of my belly button. I did google this later to see what I could find and silver chain did come up, so I found that very interesting. Happy Travels to you too, CN! Thanks for the tips! :) :heart:
COOL!!! Wow! That is an amazing experience!!! :thumbsup:

Starri, have you ever had an experience like this? Or anyone else reading through here? Do you know how to initiate such an experience--anyone? I'd LOVE to hear more on this type of experience. Very interesting indeed!!!

celticnoodle

I had one similar not too long ago...
A friend's brother passed recently and while getting ready for the memorial her deceased sister popped in and said,

"*giggle* Aren't you the lady with the Ouija board?“

I gather she has a message to share. Unfortunately I didn't feel the time was right to approach my friend to gage her interest. Perhaps I'll do that soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

:laugh: now, THAT is really funny! :thumbsup:

Flames

oh! okay. I have pics and statues of the B.M. everywhere--including outside. :D Hubby is use to it now, but at first it sort of drove him nuts. I have about 3 or 4 large statues (over 18" tall--probably closer to 2 or 3' tall)-two that are outdoor statues. Then a few smaller ones as well. I also bought a gorgeous statue of Jesus in Quebec when we visited there. I LOVE THEM.

I have never seen my body laying in bed nor have I ever seen the cord (at least, I can't recall this). I have traveled astrally a lot too, but I also don't really recall having control of it like you-- saying things "show me the stars"--though maybe I just don't think of it as I'm traveling. I really do need to work on this more and develop it more perhaps?

Starri, have you ever had an experience like this? Or anyone else reading through here? Do you know how to initiate such an experience--anyone? I'd LOVE to hear more on this type of experience. Very interesting indeed!!!

I want a couple of those statues, myself. I see them every year when I go to a street festival in my neighborhood and always say to myself - one of these days, I'm gonna get myself two - and never do. :( But, I can change that. :)

I wish I knew how to initiate the experiences I shared about the OBE's and astral travelling. All I know is that I feel like I've entered a deep sleep but not deep enough that I'm not aware of what's going on. It would be interesting to hear what Starri says. :)

Oh wow, I'm remembering some more stuff...

I had a dream of my cousin a year and a half after his passing and I remember this one differently than the other dreams I'd had of him because it felt like he'd *really* crossed over. He had died in a car accident - I've already mentioned it here on this thread - and I remember seeing him in the back seat of a car waving good bye to me. I knew it wasn't 'hello'. And I never dreamed of him again. I sensed he was definitely okay and 'gone'.

Is it possible to connect with him, for example, knowing he isn't 'here' anymore, as in he's 'not around' and definitely crossed over? Does this make sense?

I remember having a dream of my friend's father. I walked towards the garage of their house at the time and there he was, standing, looking at me with such sad eyes. They looked watery and he was so pale. The dream was so vivid...The next day, I received a call from my friend who told me that her father was just diagnosed with cancer and so I immediately shared the dream with her. He passed away not too long after and I'd had a few more dreams of him. In the last dream, I looked up at the bedroom window of the house and he was waving at me. I knew it wasn't a hello but a good bye, and never dreamed of him again...

celticnoodle

It would be interesting to hear what Starri says. :)
Yes, I am interested too in what she has to say and others too, if anyone else pipes up! :)

I had a dream of my cousin a year and a half after his passing and I remember this one differently than the other dreams I'd had of him because it felt like he'd *really* crossed over. He had died in a car accident - I've already mentioned it here on this thread - and I remember seeing him in the back seat of a car waving good bye to me. I knew it wasn't 'hello'. And I never dreamed of him again. I sensed he was definitely okay and 'gone'.

Is it possible to connect with him, for example, knowing he isn't 'here' anymore, as in he's 'not around' and definitely crossed over? Does this make sense?

Yep. makes sense and Yep. you can still connect--IF he is willing as well. Generally our loved ones are willing to connect, so try and see.

When I am 'teaching' or I should say advising my customers, as I never charge extra for this- how to connect, I tell them meditation is one way--and I really feel it is key, but probably not 100% the only way. I also tell them to talk to them. Call them by name. Tell them good morning and good night. Ask them to watch over you when you're traveling somewhere. (I always do this!) Tell them about your day, special events coming up in the family, etc. etc. share with them exactly as you would if they were still alive and with you and would be visiting in your home or via the phone. This latter part is the real key IMHO. But, I feel meditation helps us to quiet our own mind to the point of being able to sense the spirit. Sometimes we ask for signs and are too busy with our thoughts to even see the signs! Its the same with actually sensing them. We get too busy with our own lives-the day to day junk that invades our minds--that we aren't quite paying attention. So, we miss the opportunity.

I remember having a dream of my friend's father. I walked towards the garage of their house at the time and there he was, standing, looking at me with such sad eyes. They looked watery and he was so pale. The dream was so vivid...The next day, I received a call from my friend who told me that her father was just diagnosed with cancer and so I immediately shared the dream with her. He passed away not too long after and I'd had a few more dreams of him. In the last dream, I looked up at the bedroom window of the house and he was waving at me. I knew it wasn't a hello but a good bye, and never dreamed of him again...
wow! that was quite a dream/visit, wasn't it?

Thanks for sharing your experiences. These types of threads are always my favorites. I love them! Love to read of everyone's experiences. When we were kids and my mother and dad would 'drag' us to visit the family members, we 'kids' use to love to listen to the stories they'd all share about who in the family they connected to and what that spirit had to say. Sometimes they'd shoo us away and wouldn't talk while they thought we were in earshot--but we'd sneak quietly to a spot where they couldn't see us and listen to them and giggle. I was always in awe over this and just thought it was so cool.

Though sometimes they'd let us sit and listen to them too. Those were the BEST of times! Probably also the times when all of us kids were well behaved, because we'd sit still and quiet so we wouldn't miss anything! :laugh:

My one aunt was very, very psychic and use to record every night in her home--especially when she was trying to communicate with the spirit(s). We kids would help to identify the spirits we could. I very distinctly remember my Great Uncle Bill coming through and saying very strongly one time, "HELLLLLOOOOOOO!!!" Which was his usual way of greeting people when he arrived at someones home (when he was alive). He was a fun guy, bigger then life and very much fun to be with! :D Those were the good ol' days. :)

Starri Knytes

I wish I knew how to initiate the experiences I shared about the OBE's and astral travelling. All I know is that I feel like I've entered a deep sleep but not deep enough that I'm not aware of what's going on. It would be interesting to hear what Starri says. :)
It is absolutely possible to initiate and control astral travel, but this thread is about seeing dead ppl so I won't delve to far into that here. ;)

It was sweet of your friends father to reach out to you. It's likely that your friend was not able to receive the message for herself. :heart:

I have seen my body from above, I believe I read once that you should be able to before you go through the door/tunnel/portal or whatever. :laugh: So many terms for the same thing! We control our own experience there, on the Astral plain. I believe that Flames is very new to the experience so she is seeing it all with new eyes so to speak. And being that she is on the cautious side by nature, it is all baby steps for her. She is seeing and fully exploring every nuance before moving on. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I think CN and I are probably wild explorers in the Astral sense :laugh: CN do you recall your first visit? I was in the library with my guide my first try! I wasn't messing around getting a feel for the environment :laugh: I had questions!! Flames I have seen the ripples, its like the air is thick, but I can do that on the earthly realm as well.

I do know how to initiate the experience, for each it's a bit different though, don't you think? We should meet up in the chat room and discuss!
Yes, I am interested too in what she has to say and others too, if anyone else pipes up! :)

Yep. you can still connect--IF he is willing as well. Generally our loved ones are willing to connect, so try and see.

When I am 'teaching' or I should say advising my customers, as I never charge extra for this- how to connect, I tell them meditation is one way--and I really feel it is key, but probably not 100% the only way. I also tell them to talk to them. Call them by name. Tell them good morning and good night. Ask them to watch over you when you're traveling somewhere. (I always do this!) Tell them about your day, special events coming up in the family, etc. etc. share with them exactly as you would if they were still alive and with you and would be visiting in your home or via the phone. This latter part is the real key IMHO. But, I feel meditation helps us to quiet our own mind to the point of being able to sense the spirit. Sometimes we ask for signs and are too busy with our thoughts to even see the signs! Its the same with actually sensing them. We get too busy with our own lives-the day to day junk that invades our minds--that we aren't quite paying attention. So, we miss the opportunity.
All you really need to do is think of them (your departed loved one or friend) and they come, but if you want to speak with them or hear their message for you, you are right CN, clearing your mind is key.

wow! that was quite a dream/visit, wasn't it?

Thanks for sharing your experiences. These types of threads are always my favorites. I love them! Love to read of everyone's experiences. When we were kids and my mother and dad would 'drag' us to visit the family members, we 'kids' use to love to listen to the stories they'd all share about who in the family they connected to and what that spirit had to say. Sometimes they'd shoo us away and wouldn't talk while they thought we were in earshot--but we'd sneak quietly to a spot where they couldn't see us and listen to them and giggle. I was always in awe over this and just thought it was so cool.

Though sometimes they'd let us sit and listen to them too. Those were the BEST of times! Probably also the times when all of us kids were well behaved, because we'd sit still and quiet so we wouldn't miss anything! :laugh:

My one aunt was very, very psychic and use to record every night in her home--especially when she was trying to communicate with the spirit(s). We kids would help to identify the spirits we could. I very distinctly remember my Great Uncle Bill coming through and saying very strongly one time, "HELLLLLOOOOOOO!!!" Which was his usual way of greeting people when he arrived at someones home (when he was alive). He was a fun guy, bigger then life and very much fun to be with! :D Those were the good ol' days. :)
Great Story! I wish my family was this open! Mine is very tight lip'd. I'm not sure I would even be comfortable bringing it up to them. :( Even with my emmediate family the subject is off limits. I think I was actually told to shut up once, that I was embarrassing. :laugh: Well they don't know what they don't know, right.

This is a fun thread, I agree! I hope ppl continue to add to it for a very Loong time! :thumbs up:

celticnoodle

It is absolutely possible to initiate and control astral travel, but this thread is about seeing dead ppl so I won't delve to far into that here. ;)
OOPS! you're right! I forgot.

I have seen my body from above, I believe I read once that you should be able to before you go through the door/tunnel/portal or whatever. :laugh: So many terms for the same thing! We control our own experience there, on the Astral plain. I believe that Flames is very new to the experience so she is seeing it all with new eyes so to speak. And being that she is on the cautious side by nature, it is all baby steps for her. She is seeing and fully exploring every nuance before moving on.
I must have then, but I honestly can't recall ever seeing my body in the bed. Maybe I've forgotten? *shrugs*

There's nothing wrong with that at all. I think CN and I are probably wild explorers in the Astral sense :laugh:
:laugh: Astral Cowgirls! That's us, Starri! ;)

CN do you recall your first visit? I was in the library with my guide my first try! I wasn't messing around getting a feel for the environment :laugh: I had questions!! Flames I have seen the ripples, its like the air is thick, but I can do that on the earthly realm as well.
well...I think my first visit was also to the library with my guide--whom I call "Joe". I do recall the first time I ever met him. He honestly looks just like Jesus Christ. :bugeyed: I remember telling him that and telling him also at the same time that I can't call him Jesus, and asking him what I should call him. He told me I could call him whatever I wanted to and so I named him "Joe". It was all I could think of so quickly. :laugh:

I remember he came for me and we were walking up the stairs into the heavens, and I do remember looking down and got a bit scared and I looked at him again and said I was scared. He held out his hand to me and then I was okay. Gosh, this has been so long ago, I hope I'm telling it right.

I was in the Akashic Records with him many many times. But I never remember anything that I've read there. I remember one time asking him about this and he told me when the time was right for me to remember, then it will come back to me and I will remember it. I never even asked to go there--he just took me!

I do know how to initiate the experience, for each it's a bit different though, don't you think? We should meet up in the chat room and discuss!
That would be great--you should start the thread, Starry and link us to it--as you know how to initiate it. You could explain it there for us all.

All you really need to do is think of them (your departed loved one or friend) and they come, but if you want to speak with them or hear their message for you, you are right CN, clearing your mind is key.
Yes, I feel this is key too. And, yes, really just even thinking of them brings them to you. Even if you do not think of htem, they will still periodically 'check' on you, I believe! :D

Great Story! I wish my family was this open! Mine is very tight lip'd. I'm not sure I would even be comfortable bringing it up to them. :( Even with my emmediate family the subject is off limits. I think I was actually told to shut up once, that I was embarrassing. :laugh: Well they don't know what they don't know, right.
well, that was 'then'. My mother doesn't like that I've 'advanced' so far tbh. You have to understand--my mom has NPD. (Narcissistic Personality Disorder). I never realized before that this is why she is the way she is--but basically she must always be the TOP of everything. The best at everything and I sometimes think I must be doing things she never experienced, so she shuts me down now--in fact, as of this past Jan. 03 she refuses to have anything to do with me and has told me to stop calling and visiting or sending her gifts becuase she wants no more to do with me. :rolleyes: She has done this to me many times--since I was 18 or 19. She has also driven my oldest sister away from the family too. She's just toxic, sadly. She will get over it, and forget she told me to get out - and then wonder why I never come to visit....its a game she lives. I still send her cards, but I don't do anything else. Its....difficult. But basically due to her depression, she just can't compete on any level w/anyone. If you're sick--she's sicker. If you're good, she's better. that sort of deal.

My sister, who is also a psychic medium, but doesn't like it as she is terrified someone will think she is 'weird', and she is afraid of communicating with spirits outside the family/friends. So she tries to shut the ability out and she refuses to allow anyone 'know' of me and my abilities.

My brother and his wife are the only ones who love to hear of my experiences and my brother has a few of his own--but he has never really developed it either and doesn't want to. But he LOVES to hear and will often ask. However, now that mom doesn't want anything to do with me or my husband, he and I won't ever see each other again. sadly. Mom controls pretty much EVERY aspect of my siblings lives and they will not do anything to cross her. So, I've been blacklisted. :laugh: Its been sooo peaceful!!! ;)

This said, the grandchildren & great grandchildren are showing the ability and mom loves to share with them--but she won't ever give any advice. If any of them choose to ever develop like I did, and they get good at it--they'll also be blacklisted, if she is still living.

This is a fun thread, I agree! I hope ppl continue to add to it for a very Loong time! :thumbs up:
Me too!!! :D