The dead people ... anyone here has the gift of seeing them?

Flames

Response to Celticnoodle & Starri -- Thank you!!

Hello Ladies!
Let's meet up in the chat room to discuss OBE's and astral travelling. I think that would be a fantastic idea. Was just thinking last night to bring it up here and am happy to see you guys were thinking the same thing. ;)

Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a newbie but I've been having these experiences for the past 30 years, at least! I wasn't brought up in a family that even encouraged such things. I was the black sheep and seen as the 'psychic one', which in their eyes really translated to 'strange' and 'weird', which I fully embrace at this stage of my life. :D But the truth is, I thought that these dreams and certain experiences I was having, were 'normal' and that everyone experienced them. Of course, that's not the case because when I shared a dream like the ones I've had, the first response would be - "Wow, I never remember my dreams." Or, "That's so cool," Or, "Omg, that's freaky." And (depending on who I was talking to), "You're so gifted." I'm so fascinated and intrigued by those 'ripples', Starri. It's amazing that you can access that state in your waking life...:thumbsup: CN, thanks for suggesting I meditate. I do aim to every single day in some form or another. I know how important it is. :heart:

The fear factor is something I need to unravel and work through. There's a part that says, "This is all in my head so just go for the ride and another part that says, "Oh shoot, what if this is real and I can't handle it?" It's true, I am very cautious while in other ways, not cautious at all. But when it comes to my spirituality and anything pertaining to the invisible world, I am very guarded against who and what I will allow in. Not all these dreams brought pleasant visitors. But, usually, my intuition is so sharp that when I get a whiff of something not right or insincere, I can protect myself just fine. I'm a fighter no matter what. I can't open up to something if I first don't have an understanding of it - a real understanding and knowing within myself - that I can fully trust in the process. I guess discernment needs to play a role.

After reading this entire thread and threads like this one, I also recall what a woman told me about 5 years ago. She was able to connect with people who had crossed over. She worked as a life coach and I overheard her talking to my coworker at the time and she mentioned to her how in dreams, the dead can come to connect and my ears perked up. I wanted to hear more. After a few minutes, our eyes met and she said to me, "You know, they speak to you, during the day, they show you signs, but you're not paying attention. Learn to pay attention." That one line helped to validate every experience I've ever had.

Thanks for sharing your stories and also to everyone else on this thread who took the time to do that and give a little piece of themselves!!! It's always so nice to hear what people have to say. It helps bring a community together. It's a wonderful feeling!

I tend to keep quiet about my experiences - except on this thread, as it turns out. LOL. You guys make it so easy to share. So thank you!! Sometimes, I see these events as little gems I carry with me. They're a nice reminder and they bring so much peace and joy into my life. I can recall them anytime I want because they ALWAYS feel as though they just happened yesterday. I find that amazing, too. :heart:

celticnoodle

What a nice post, Flames. :)

I agree too, that A.T. is a wonderful, caring and sharing place. It makes so easy to just be yourself. :heart:

Kingski

Hello, kind of related to OP's post I guess, but more about hearing than seeing, but does anyone know what this means, last night I stayed over at my parents' place and was woken in the middle of the night by a distinct knocking sound. It was only a few knocks and I couldn't tell where it came from, but it was loud enough to wake me up and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the house creaking etc. (It's also a new build house).

The day before I heard what sounded like hailstones against the patio doors in my home, which lasted 2-3 seconds, yet there was nothing visible there and it was a bright sunny afternoon, and later that evening, the lock on the front door distinctly turned, just once, but loud enough to make a 'click' sound. Hope someone can shed some light on this because I'm not sure how to react-I don't really feel scared though which surprised me.

celticnoodle

Hello, kind of related to OP's post I guess, but more about hearing than seeing, but does anyone know what this means, last night I stayed over at my parents' place and was woken in the middle of the night by a distinct knocking sound. It was only a few knocks and I couldn't tell where it came from, but it was loud enough to wake me up and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the house creaking etc. (It's also a new build house).

The day before I heard what sounded like hailstones against the patio doors in my home, which lasted 2-3 seconds, yet there was nothing visible there and it was a bright sunny afternoon, and later that evening, the lock on the front door distinctly turned, just once, but loud enough to make a 'click' sound. Hope someone can shed some light on this because I'm not sure how to react-I don't really feel scared though which surprised me.

Welcome to A.T. Kingski. It could very well be a spirit trying to make contact with you, but it could also be many other things. Lots of spirits will knock on walls or doors--anything to get your attention. Perhaps if it happens again, you can ask it (either silently or out loud) who it is and what *they* want. Same with your lock too--it could very well be a spirit. I've had spirits open doors that were shut tight--even my front door, that has a metal door first, locked and shut tight and then the big heavy solid wood door we have which would also be shut tight and locked. I know its a spirit as that wood door just opens up and opens wide. :)

bluelagune

Awesome stories and experiences guys. I've never lavitated or invited any ghosts (as I'm probably not strong enough to kick them out later). However, the knocking at the door, happened to me once at night, I went to the door and was surprised there was noone there. We got some major news that month. Not the most pleasant, just a lot of drama. My friend once opened a door to find a dog on the stairs. She kept it. My mother kept getting budgies and parrachies. But my dead usually just visit me in my dreams or wake me out of them.

mabcosmic

The day before I heard what sounded like hailstones against the patio doors in my home, which lasted 2-3 seconds, yet there was nothing visible there and it was a bright sunny afternoon, and later that evening, the lock on the front door distinctly turned, just once, but loud enough to make a 'click' sound.

I haven't had the clicking doors, but I have had the hail noise. I had a series of experiences that led me to believe that these particular beings are "Skinwalkers." I'm using the word "skinwalker" as the best translation/definition I have available. They are shapeshifters that take different animal forms and bring warnings. I found that they come around whenever I'm being impulsive or not careful about the kind of people I'm associating with. I believe that the Mothman from West Virginia is one of these entities, perhaps even a more complex/evolved one.

mabcosmic

bluelagune - I have never had a problem with spirits hanging around, and I have never had to banish or get rid of one. In my experience, spirits tend to come and go on their own. We pass like ships in the night. I think they get bored and leave because I'm a boring person. :joke:

Kingski

Welcome to A.T. Kingski. It could very well be a spirit trying to make contact with you, but it could also be many other things. Lots of spirits will knock on walls or doors--anything to get your attention. Perhaps if it happens again, you can ask it (either silently or out loud) who it is and what *they* want. Same with your lock too--it could very well be a spirit. I've had spirits open doors that were shut tight--even my front door, that has a metal door first, locked and shut tight and then the big heavy solid wood door we have which would also be shut tight and locked. I know its a spirit as that wood door just opens up and opens wide. :)

Thanks celticnoodle, interesting to hear the knocking is quite a common phenomenon (slightly unnerving also though that a spirit can open such a heavy, locked door!), and thanks for advising what I can do too.

Awesome stories and experiences guys. I've never lavitated or invited any ghosts (as I'm probably not strong enough to kick them out later). However, the knocking at the door, happened to me once at night, I went to the door and was surprised there was noone there. We got some major news that month. Not the most pleasant, just a lot of drama. My friend once opened a door to find a dog on the stairs. She kept it. My mother kept getting budgies and parrachies. But my dead usually just visit me in my dreams or wake me out of them.

Bluelagune-good to hear you shared the same 'knocking' experience, although sorry to hear it wasn't pleasant news-will update if I get any news that may be related as a result.

I haven't had the clicking doors, but I have had the hail noise. I had a series of experiences that led me to believe that these particular beings are "Skinwalkers." I'm using the word "skinwalker" as the best translation/definition I have available. They are shapeshifters that take different animal forms and bring warnings. I found that they come around whenever I'm being impulsive or not careful about the kind of people I'm associating with. I believe that the Mothman from West Virginia is one of these entities, perhaps even a more complex/evolved one.

Mabcosmic-really interesting to hear you also experienced the 'hailstone' sound-I tried googling this and didn't come up with much and was about to dismiss it, so it's good to hear from someone who has also experienced it. I looked up 'skinwalker' too after you mentioned it-fascinating stuff-I wonder if it was bringing me a warning too-thank you for making me more aware of why this might be happening.

Gofannon

My elderly mother just passed a little over a month ago, and I've had a few experiences lately. When a family member or someone close dies, I often have a "visit" from spirit. Normally a name or a sensation of a particular person that is somehow connected will pop into my head while I'm in the middle of doing something. Sometimes the feeling can be quite devastating, although only if the death is tragic. On the day of my mothers passing, I almost missed it. I was working alone in my workshop when I had a sudden presence, as if someone had just walked in, to the point I had to call out "who's there?". My brothers phone call came a few hours later to tell me that Mum had passed.

My father is in a rest home. That evening the fire alarm in his room went off. Only in his room, and it had never happened before.

The day of her funeral we were gathered at Mum's cottage, in a small New Zealand seaside village. It was a gathering of about 15 to 20 relatives, waiting to go to the local community hall for the main funeral in about 1/2 an hour. My father had just arrived from the rest home, and the cottage was quite cramped, and bustling with activity. So we were all quite surprised when a Piwakawaka, or NZ Fantail, flew in. The room fell silent as we all watched. It fluttered around the lounge area for a few minutes, perched briefly on a large pot plant in the corner, then a few laps of the kitchen/dining area before flitting out the door. We are not of Maori decent, but in Maori mythology the Piwakawaka is known as a messenger from spirit, and is the gatekeeper of the forest, usually the first bird to greet you as you enter. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_fantail

The following morning we were having breakfast on the patio at Mum's house. It was a beautiful sunny morning, just a slight breeze gently moving the leaves in the four large palm trees next to the patio. Fewer people, but once again lots of conversation as relatives caught up with each other. The Piwakawaka returned, hopping from one palm tree to the next. These little birds usually don't have much to say, just a few seconds of song before moving on. This one broke into song for at least a full minute, maybe more.

The following day the little cottage was vacant except for my niece and her partner. The Piwakawaka returned, this time entering my mothers bedroom.

The final episode involves a different bird. This weekend just gone my sister, brother and I were going through Mum's belongings. My sister was going through her clothes, much of which went to charity. My wife had mentioned that she would like one of my mothers scarves if the were any, and my sister produced one with a lovely duck print. My wife has a thing for ducks, so it was quite appropriate. A few moments later, my sister called out to me "Here, you'd better take this one as well, it has pheasants on it". As I turned after collecting it from her, I happened to glance through the large floor-to-ceiling window in the lounge. There, a few feet on the other side of the glass, was a beautiful hen pheasant! Ring Necked Pheasants and Californian Quail roam about the village almost as tame as domestic poultry, so it is not that uncommon to see one. But with all these bird strories, it's all about the timing.

bluelagune

@Gofannon, I had a sparrow fly into my apartment once. I was fricking out because I read somewhere that if I bird Flys into a human house, someone dies in that house soon. It's good to know that there are some positive meanings to birds! šŸ˜€