Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

Anyone know a book on tarot card relationships?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Citizen

Shushu 
Anyone know a book on tarot card relationships?

I've been advancing my knowledge of the tarot recently, and though the meanings are quite sound and memorable to me, sometimes I still struggle seeing patterns or connections between cards. Ie. If there are many kings there could be a gathering of men, etc.
Any book that covers card-relationships out there? I don't mean just the standard meanings but combined cards/patterns.

Thanks all!
Top   #1
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

I have Tarot Card Combinations by Dorothy Kelly, but I hesitate to recommend it because - even at 350 pages - it's far from comprehensive, with many gaps. For what it does cover, it has 2 and 3-card combined meanings.
Top   #2
student of tarot

rwcarter 

Other than Tarot Card Combinations, which is far from comprehensive, there's a new book called Tarot Interactions by Deborah Lipp that looks at the interactions between cards in a spread based on direction of energy and where the characters in the cards are looking. I don't have it, but have thumbed through it a few times in the bookstore.
Top   #3
Citizen

Shushu 

Thank you so much- I'll have a look at both books, and I will try to have them both in ebook form!
Top   #4
Resident

oceana15 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
there's a new book called Tarot Interactions by Deborah Lipp
Don't know if anyone is paying attention to this thread anymore, but I read this book a few weeks ago and it was incredibly helpful in pushing my readings to the next level. When I first started I did the typical "card by card" thing and I had difficulty understanding how the cards were interacting with each other, but Lipp's book totally changed things for me. Now I can weave a full story out of my spreads. I highly recommend it!
Top   #5
Citizen

baconwaffles 

For me, Camelia Elias's book Towards the Art of Reading really helped me see card relationships, very simple and easy to grasp approach. Although it is for the Marseille... I could maybe be used for a RWS.
Top   #6
Citizen

MysticMoonlight 

Another nod for 'Tarot Interactions' by Deborah Lipp. Very helpful. Opened a whole new perspective for me. It really helps in the going deeper and under the surface aspects and gets your intuition really churning.
Top   #7
Citizen

Shushu 

Yes! Thank you very much for the additional suggestion, I am reading Deborah Lipp's book too now and it has been SO helpful, I have a better grasp of patterns now, just trying to see card pairings..
Top   #8
student of tarot

rwcarter 

I still would suggest Dorothy Kelly's book since you're interested in combinations. You won't agree with every interpretation she comes up with (I didn't), but hopefully you can see how she arrived at those interpretations even if they're not ones you would use.
Top   #9
Citizen

Nemia 

I want to add a recommendation for Deborah Lipp's book, and thank you for bringing it to my attention here! It's very interesting and well-written. I bought it some days ago and enjoy it very much.

Chapter names:
Interaction with the Psyche
Interaction with Other Disciplines
Interaction with Pattern
Interactions with Layout and Position
Interactions Between and Among Cards
Interaction with Language
Interaction with the Querent
Interaction with Experementation and Play

Looks good, doesn't it?
Top   #10

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.