Your most UNREADABLE deck

willowy

After reading and replying to Glitternova 's very interesting post on people's most readable deck,I started to think about which decks I struggle with,either through lack of time spent with the deck or just not getting the artwork.I would love to hear others opinions.
Mine are:
Royo dark tarot,beautiful but doesn't seem to have pictures which fit what I feel some of the cards mean,and does sometimes seem to have added nudity just because,rather than it seeming to go with what's actually happening in the card.

Native American,again pretty much as above,don't get its symbols,and lo scarabo 's booklets don't really help.

Doreen virtues Angel tarot,while I like her oracle cards and think it's a pretty deck,I struggle viewing this as a tarot deck as a lot of the symbols aren't there or just don't seem to fit,also it's very bulky to shuffle.

The wildwood,I was very surprised at this one,I love the artwork,but find so many changes have been made that I can't seem to get my head around it and get confused with it.Need to spend A LOT more time with this one.

Lastly,any deck with 'pip' cards for minor arcana,I do have a few decks like this,and although I appreciate their beauty,and often historic connections,they will never be a 'go to' deck for me,as my intuition gets nothing from them.

Looking forward to hearing others decks.

cbiz83

After reading and replying to Glitternova 's very interesting post on people's most readable deck,I started to think about which decks I struggle with,either through lack of time spent with the deck or just not getting the artwork.I would love to hear others opinions.
Mine are:
Royo dark tarot,beautiful but doesn't seem to have pictures which fit what I feel some of the cards mean,and does sometimes seem to have added nudity just because,rather than it seeming to go with what's actually happening in the card.

Native American,again pretty much as above,don't get its symbols,and lo scarabo 's booklets don't really help.

Doreen virtues Angel tarot,while I like her oracle cards and think it's a pretty deck,I struggle viewing this as a tarot deck as a lot of the symbols aren't there or just don't seem to fit,also it's very bulky to shuffle.

The wildwood,I was very surprised at this one,I love the artwork,but find so many changes have been made that I can't seem to get my head around it and get confused with it.

Lastly,any deck with 'pip' cards for minor arcana,I do have a few decks like this,and although I appreciate their beauty,and often historic connections,they will never be a 'go to' deck for me,as my intuition gets nothing from them.

Absolutely could not work with LoTR tarot. Too much game stuff on the cards.

Absolutely cannot read Thoth. They are so loud and at the same time so elusive that I think I might have thrown the deck in frustration once!

bellathebrave123

For some reason, no matter how much I love it, the Morgan Greer just refuses to talk to me. I pull it out every now and again but .... Nothin!

ana luisa

Journey to the Orient, TdM and Fantastic Menagerie. I may try using them again in the future but so far, they have been absolutely silent...

jema

I struggle a lot with Celtic Wisdom tarot, it is so beautiful so I hesitate to trade it away, yet I simply don't know much about celtic lore so I don't understand it and the cards just don't talk to me.

Actually Ibis is the same. I should have paid more attention in my ancient history class but I always loved the greek more then the egypt...

dannyboy8406

The Cosmic Tribe Tarot (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/cosmic-tribe/) It was the 3rd Tarot deck I ever bought. I could read with it...but the deck itself was very brash. Every reading I did with it came off as insulting and it had nothing to do with the images of the naked people on the cards lol. Ended up trading this deck to a friend for the Tarot Illuminati.

violetdaisy

Thoth. I could give examples...but similar traits in other decks don't bother me. I think it's all of the prisms mostly-so many angles, it's sooo busy. But I have other decks that have busy cards - this one just isn't "organic" feeling.

Laura Borealis

I'd say the Manga Tarot was the most unreadable for me (the Selena Lin one). But then I had the same problem when I tried to read shoujo manga. I didn't have the visual literacy for the art style, so all the characters basically looked the same. With that deck though it doesn't help that the pips are practically identical and the colors are all soft pastels blah.

Barleywine

Anything with pervasive religious iconography in it I find unusable: Kat Black's Golden and the Golden Botticelli are two I own that fit the description. On the other hand, the cherubs in the Connolly don't bother me at all; I just see them as "artistic devices."

Le Fanu

Gosh, so many! Of the ones I own, anything by Luis Royo, the Favole, LoS Elemental Tarot, Sexual Magic, Kama Sutra, Giotto, - but then these are ones that seem quite half-heartedly tarot.

Of the "seriously" tarot category - maybe Vision Quest, Mystic Spiral, Tarot in the Land of Mystereum, Feng Shui Tarot. So many.

Nothing intrinsically "wrong" with these, but they just don't even meet me halfway.