How do you read if you get 'Moon' and '7/cups' together?

dancingufo

Hi, Forum.

Hope Spring has arrived everywhere.

I'm just trying to understand Moon and 7/cups. I'm seeing someone but we're having a bit tough time. So I asked to my tarot how our relationship will be going after 6 months(between May and October). I drew 6 cards, one card per month. I understand the card of May, June, September and October but I'm still think of two of them. It was Moon and 7/cups.

(I used Fairy tarot, and I did rx.)

-----------------------------------------------

July - Moon
August - 7/cups

--------------------------------------------------

Long story short, we're having long distance relationship and had argument about us few weeks ago. We were kind to each other, but did hurt each other as well. So we are not in good mood.

And I got very similar two cards in our near future. I know these two cards indicate kind of 'daydream'. Moon can be more emotional than 7/cups, it also suggests 'illusion' or 'fake(lie?)'. Whereas 7/cups could be saying about 'fantasy' or 'wish'. But I just can't figure out how I read these two card in my monthly relationship (with a specific person) fortune. I don't think there will be lie, both of us tend to be honest even if the truth would hurt to each other. So how? How can I read it in this case?

The last one (card of October) was Ace/cups, and actually he would visit my country coming October, so it looks really fit our situation. We could reconcile after few months. But I just got lost in front of Moon and 7/cups.

These 2 cards look very similar, and I know many people try to figure out difference between Moon and 7/cups. I'm more concentrating with what it means if these two cards appear next to each other. Perhaps there's kind of doubly deep meaning.

Does anyone have similar experience? Have you had Moon or 7/cups in your relationship reading? If so what happened to you? I'm just looking forward hearing you!

Thanks!

G6

Without knowing what the conversation/disagreement was about these cards can suggest general confusion, not thinking clearly, not making a decision.

rwcarter

Normally I would say that the Moon for July represents illusion or delusion, while the 7C for August represents choices. But the relationship can't be delusional or make choices. So based on the cycles of the Moon, the relationship will be in fluctuation during July and the 7C for August represents the different directions in which the relationship can change.

Rodney

Sharla

7 CUPS can also represent a person who gets attached too quickly, they fall deeply and find it hard during a break up. When they meet someone they may have been cautious anyway about getting close to the person as they are afraid of getting hurt, but sometimes they just can't help it.....but then when things go bad they find it hard to cope with.

Moon is also an emotional card, someone who will become quite possessive about the other person, and will find it hard to fully let go....could even be that they use drink or other substances to help them deal with what's going on.

rwcarter

So I asked to my tarot how our relationship will be going after 6 months(between May and October).
Important semantic point. Were you asking about the state of the relationship in each of those 6 months or were you trying to get at what your relationship to him would be like in each of those six months? Those are two completely different things and would require different interpretations of the cards.

Rodney

dancingufo

Normally I would say that the Moon for July represents illusion or delusion, while the 7C for August represents choices. But the relationship can't be delusional or make choices. So based on the cycles of the Moon, the relationship will be in fluctuation during July and the 7C for August represents the different directions in which the relationship can change.

Rodney

Important semantic point. Were you asking about the state of the relationship in each of those 6 months or were you trying to get at what your relationship to him would be like in each of those six months? Those are two completely different things and would require different interpretations of the cards.

Rodney

Hi, Rodney.
Thanks for your reply. I think I asked about the state of our relationship in each months but I didn't get exactly what is difference between two questions, because I'm not a native English speaker. So if you wouldn't mind could you explain easily? Sorry for asking it.

And... We already have this relationship for 1 and half years so I couldn't think this relationship would be like Moon or 7/cups. And those reply gave me another way to think of it. Thanks!

dancingufo

Without knowing what the conversation/disagreement was about these cards can suggest general confusion, not thinking clearly, not making a decision.

Hi, G6.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you are right. It's hard to interpret without knowing more details. We just had conversation about our past (we made break up two times before), didn't fight though we knew we hurt each other again. Was a bit serious and kind of never ending disagreement.

dancingufo

7 CUPS can also represent a person who gets attached too quickly, they fall deeply and find it hard during a break up. When they meet someone they may have been cautious anyway about getting close to the person as they are afraid of getting hurt, but sometimes they just can't help it.....but then when things go bad they find it hard to cope with.

Moon is also an emotional card, someone who will become quite possessive about the other person, and will find it hard to fully let go....could even be that they use drink or other substances to help them deal with what's going on.

Hi, Sharla.
Thanks for your help.

I haven't thought of 7/cups that way. Sounds make sense because I'm trying to make a chance to visit him coming July before he will visit me coming October. Just it's not a certain plan though. Fortunately both of us usually do not enjoy drink or any drug! So even if it would be hard to let go each other I think we are not gonna use these kind of substances. :)

rwcarter

Hi, Rodney.
Thanks for your reply. I think I asked about the state of our relationship in each months but I didn't get exactly what is difference between two questions, because I'm not a native English speaker. So if you wouldn't mind could you explain easily. Sorry for asking it.
Believe me when I say you're better at my language than I would be at yours (whatever that is)!

If you're asking about the relationship, you're asking about the thing, the connection between the two of you. But if you're asking about your relationship with him, then you're asking about your feelings for or actions toward him.

So the Moon as the state of the relationship could mean the relationship is moving through a natural cycle. But the Moon as your relationship to him could mean that you're deluding yourself about how he feels toward you.

Does that make sense?

Rodney

Absynthe

Does anyone have similar experience? Have you had Moon or 7/cups in your relationship reading? If so what happened to you? I'm just looking forward hear you!

Yes I had these two turn up repeatedly for a relationship that stalled and never went anywhere. Eventually I came to realise this meaning for them.

- Moon, not so much illusions but breaking through illusions by squarely facing your fears. In practical terms it typically means that the outer circumstances mirror your deepest fears and the way out is through, not by running away. You have to be willing to entertain the idea's that the circumstances are pointing to and resolve how you feel about it before forward movement is possible. The Moon reflects the shadow aspects inside of you by projecting them onto your situation. The way to deal with it is to look at what's happening and realise why, what's inside of you causing this?

Seven Of Cups, this is the card of illusions and often is accompanied by drama. But there is also an implied choice here. Are you going to continue on in this drama or are you going to remove yourself from it by doing what's necessary? That by the way does not necessarily mean end a relationship/contact etc. It depends what the drama is, what your fears the previous month were and what you know about the situation, rather than how things appear. But the seven of cups does imply a choice needs to be made.