Q: 7 of Disks/Pentacles meaning in goals spread

2Shy

I just did a reading on myself using this goal achievement spread:

1. Feasibility of goal (Is it realistic, should it be modified?)
2. What are you doing to help advance towards your goal?
3. What is hindering you from advancing to your goal?
4. What is your biggest obstacle along the way?
5. What can you look to for inspiration or motivation along the way?
6. Outcome

made by user: destinyawaitsme
I used the Thoth deck

My main focus was on getting into graduate school (for veterinary medicine).
The card I pulled in the Outcome position was the 7 of Disks.

Various interpretations I've found say that the 7 of Disks can mean stepping back and creating a new strategy or to re-evaluate where you are and open yourself to the possibility of change. However I've also read it interpreted as letting go of fear of failure, which seems very different to me from the prior interpretation.

Trying to find that balance of interpreting this in a way that seems to resonate/make sense to me but also not put my own meanings into it and misconstrue the message

I'm curious to hear what someone else's thoughts are on this.

PAMUYA

Outcome: you will be assessing if it was the right choice. Things may not be as expected, taking longer, or more difficult than you thought, or another direction may tempt you. Will you have the wisdom to take criticism and learn from it, or have the strength to stick to your goals? Patience will be put into play.

Laurelle

I agree with Pamuya, but I'm going to expand and add .....

The guy in the 7 of Pentacles is a patient man. He HAS to put in a lot of work in order for those crops to grow and bear beautiful, useful fruit.

But since you're using Thoth that is the card that he contributes to "Failure". Are you looking at a bunch of disks/pentacles? There isn't that man tending his crop, so the meaning is going to change slightly. The Golden Dawn, which Thoth comes from calls this card the "Lord of Success Unfilled." They attribute it to Saturn in Taurus.

It's a 7 and it's a pentacle and it's Earth. It's Saturn in Taurus...... 7's tend more toward prime, solo numbers. So I get that you'll be going at this alone for the most part. And it will take a while to meet your goals because it's earth. Since it's a pentacle it deals will all things that are physical and here on the earth. So animals make sense. Saturn is the planet of limitations and restrictions, so vet school will make you restricted, probably because of the work load cutting into a social life and because you will be restricted from all human medical things (ex you work primarily on animals and NOT humans)....but it is putting GOOD limitations....you will have to become very self-disciplined, routine, restraint, command of the situation, perseverance and studiousness.

The outcome is simply telling you that it will be harder than you expect, but if you stick with it and persevere you can and you WILL be successful. There is a tendency with this card to just give up and walk away when the tough gets tougher, but the card is also a reminder that no one gets successful in life without a lot of hard work.

I also get the impression that science and math may not be your strong suit? Which would make sense that you will have to be extremely disciplined to make this dream come true. I think Taurus is a good position for Saturn (I think, i'm not an astrologer) because Taurus is also a sign with a lot of drive and stamina.

2Shy

Thank you SO MUCH for your replies. What you both are saying is really interesting.
Math/science are not my strongest areas, however I'm finding that with discipline I am much more successful with them. Funny how that works.

My other cards in the spread were
1. Art/Temperance
2. Six of Cups
3. Nine of Swords
4. Ace of Pentacles
5. Knight of Disks
I felt I grasped these 5 pretty readily but I was just not able to wrap my head around the Seven of Disks.

Thanks again!