World Tarot Day plans anyone?

nisaba

It's never too early to start planning for next year!

Morwenna

Does anyone still remember that it was also Wear the Lilac Day in honor of Pratchett and the Alzheimer's Foundation? That would do much better for me than the towel business; I never could get into Adams.

nisaba

Does anyone still remember that it was also Wear the Lilac Day in honor of Pratchett

Are you sure? It was neither his birthday nor his death-day, AFAIK. <scurries off to do research>

nisaba

<astonished> You're right!

And I *love* the tagline: "Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love, and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

fractalgranny

i won the timeless tarot deck from world tarot day!!!!!

nisaba

Well done, you!

Now you have something totally appropriate to do a 42-card spread with, next year. :)

fractalgranny

Well done, you!

Now you have something totally appropriate to do a 42-card spread with, next year. :)

42 cards, yikes! every time you guys talk about that, i get all stressed out just thinking about it. i find 6 cards a lot to contend with :)

nisaba

<smiling serenely> It's as easy as. Slide your eye along each row of seven cards. What stands out in that row? How does the entire row make you feel?

And it's *meant* to be funny, so have a laugh with it.

(you can practice secretly between now and then).

Morwenna

Are you sure? It was neither his birthday nor his death-day, AFAIK. <scurries off to do research>

It was a reference to the book Night Watch, which is where both the lilacs and the 25th figure into the story.

nisaba

<grin> Yeah, I worked that out when I did my research. I really should have known - Night Watch was one of my more (relatively) recent acquisitions in the Pratchett Library.