Comparison of Divination media (tarot vs. oracle decks vs. runes vs. I Ching, etc.

Alta

I use tarot to consider daily issues and to do readings for others. Right now I am using the International Icon because it seems so Zen. But I also have ToP close at hand.
I turn to Doreen Virtue's various decks when I feel afraid and want a reassuring answer.
I turn to I Ching to talk with my guides.

DeLani

I use the Tarot a lot - mostly I used to use it on myself, but also with clients and friends. I found I had been kind of creating this downward spiral of confusion and negativity by reading for myself too much - like I had relinquished all decisiveness to the cards!
So, after getting the Tao Oracle by Ma Deva Padma, I use it to read for myself. Because, usually, I want to know what I should do in regards to something. The Tarot doesn't like those kinds of questions, but the I Ching seems to be geared specifically for just that sort of question.
I tried using runes a long time ago, but it just never clicked. I've never been able to scry or channel either (though I wish I could).