WHAT IS A SQUARE!!! Ugh (Natal chart)

Josiemac

So Im trying to learn natal charts and I decided to read a couples/relationship. But Im having difficulties understanding the square. Like, what is it, how does it look, how do I find it etc? I really need a "for dummies" approach on this. I wanted to learn squares of the saturn to see what type of conflict if any would this couple experience...

I guess for better clarity, how do I see what how his mars squares her saturn, and how her venus squares his saturn?

CosmicBeing

I don't know much about this, but you might get more expert advice in the astrology section of this forum. SO I would post this in the astrology section and see what some of the members might have to say.

LittleOne

So Im trying to learn natal charts and I decided to read a couples/relationship. But Im having difficulties understanding the square. Like, what is it, how does it look, how do I find it etc? I really need a "for dummies" approach on this. I wanted to learn squares of the saturn to see what type of conflict if any would this couple experience...

I guess for better clarity, how do I see what how his mars squares her saturn, and how her venus squares his saturn?

Every chart is different and in some charts there will be no squares - so there may not be a Mars square Saturn or Venus square Saturn to see if the planets were not in the right place for it on that date.

A square is where two plannets are approximately 90 degrees apart from each other. For example if Saturn was in Cancer it would roughly square any planets sitting in Cancer or any planets sitting in Capricorn. If there wasn't any planet 90 degrees away there won't be a square in the chart.

But yes, as mentioned - you will get better advice in the astrology section.