Online Psychic Development Group

Audelia

Hi guys,

Hope you're all good :). I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so Mods apologies and please feel free to move if it's not or to delete.

A few months ago I posted about online psychic development groups - how they're so hard to come by and at the time I was considering creating my own. I promptly forgot about this for a few months. However, my passion for this has grown in recent weeks and I realised that yes, I would really love a place where I can meet with others once or twice a week, do some psychic work and help each other to grow our talents.

I've been investigating how I would do this, but I guess the reason why I'm posting here is because I'm wondering if there's anyone who would be interested in joining and if anyone has suggestions on how to structure this?

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

1. You must be an AT member who is serious about developing your psychic abilities and helping others to do the same.

2. We would meet once a week for an hour or two (at a time that would suit everyone) and do some exercises/practice

3. Each week would focus on opening up our abilities, actively using them and maybe trying new ways of connecting to these abilities

4. It would be a place of complete trust, fun, happiness and light - no egos or negativity allowed. Members would be carefully vetted to ensure that this remains a place of positive learning that allows everyone to flourish.

Again, this is very much in its early stages, but I would love to hear of your interest, your ideas, if you've been involved in something similar - how it worked etc?

I know that for so many of us tarot comes hand-in-hand with other abilities and when you live in an area where you don't have access to a teacher or a development group it can be hard to know how to work with these extra abilities. I want to create such a nurturing, safe place where we can all help each other :)

Zephyros

This is the right forum for this, Audelia, and I'm happy you suggested this. :) A few questions, if I may:

1. You must be an AT member who is serious about developing your psychic abilities and helping others to do the same.

4. It would be a place of complete trust, fun, happiness and light - no egos or negativity allowed. Members would be carefully vetted to ensure that this remains a place of positive learning that allows everyone to flourish.

How would you do this? Keep in mind that all forums are open to everyone and while restrictions can be placed upon subject matter on the group as well as participation guidelines (prompt feedback, etc.) the groups can't be "policed" to keep out members deemed unsuitable for this or that group. The going mindset is that if you're here and stick to the forum rules, that's proof enough of your goodwill. Egos and negativity, well, they're not the same for everyone and such matters are dealt with according to the tools moderators have at their disposal, for example off topic posts, disrespect of members, etc.

2. We would meet once a week for an hour or two (at a time that would suit everyone) and do some exercises/practice

Keep in mind that AT is an international forum with people coming from all over. Finding a time where everyone is not only free but merely awake would be extremely difficult. Also since it isn't "live" how would you know everyone was present? Perhaps a series of exercises people would do from week to week as "homework" would better suit a forum setting?

Audelia

Hi Zephyros,

Thanks for your response. I’m happy to answer your questions :)

How would you do this? Keep in mind that all forums are open to everyone and while restrictions can be placed upon subject matter on the group as well as participation guidelines (prompt feedback, etc.) the groups can't be "policed" to keep out members deemed unsuitable for this or that group. The going mindset is that if you're here and stick to the forum rules, that's proof enough of your goodwill. Egos and negativity, well, they're not the same for everyone and such matters are dealt with according to the tools moderators have at their disposal, for example off topic posts, disrespect of members, etc.

My initial idea was that this would happen off the AT site (as a separate entity) but would be open to any AT members who would be interested in joining. For example, a chatroom set up specifically for this purpose but off the forum – again, I’m not sure if that is allowed, so if this is against rules please feel free to remove.

However, perhaps doing something on the forum would be a better way as this would allow more interaction and would reach more people. At the moment it is purely just an idea and I suppose with this thread I’m hoping to connect to people with the same interest in doing this and maybe coming to an idea of what would work best for the group together ☺

I completely agree with your thoughts on ego etc. Perhaps I was a little too harsh with the above comments! It's just that I am passionate about making it a safe, welcoming place where we can support and educate and grow together, and I trust the decision of the AT mods if they felt someone was breaking the rules, so if this was to take place on the boards, I wouldn't worry about that at all :)

Keep in mind that AT is an international forum with people coming from all over. Finding a time where everyone is not only free but merely awake would be extremely difficult. Also since it isn't "live" how would you know everyone was present? Perhaps a series of exercises people would do from week to week as "homework" would better suit a forum setting?

This is definitely an important consideration. I thought that a real time response (to use the example of a chat room or instant messaging again) might work as you would receive instant feedback. However the time zones would be an issue. Perhaps depending on interest and location we could work out a time that suited people across the board, or the forum would work best.

Are there any specific rules with regards to hosting a type of development group on the boards? For example would this be the best section in which to host or would it work better under divination?

Also again, completely open to thoughts, suggestions, ideas etc. :) It would be great to set something up and have it occurring weekly.

Tara

Psychic Development Group

Hi guys,

Hope you're all good :). I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so Mods apologies and please feel free to move if it's not or to delete.

A few months ago I posted about online psychic development groups - how they're so hard to come by and at the time I was considering creating my own. I promptly forgot about this for a few months. However, my passion for this has grown in recent weeks and I realised that yes, I would really love a place where I can meet with others once or twice a week, do some psychic work and help each other to grow our talents.

I've been investigating how I would do this, but I guess the reason why I'm posting here is because I'm wondering if there's anyone who would be interested in joining and if anyone has suggestions on how to structure this?

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

3. Each week would focus on opening up our abilities, actively using them and maybe trying new ways of connecting to these abilities

Hi Audelia,
I think it sounds great and how about each week, one member (chosen in alphabetical order or ??? gives the exercise. He/she does not respond to our attempts till the time frame is up and then the correct answer is given. For example, he/she posts a question, example to to describe somebody close to them or whatever the question is.
Regards
Tara

HOLMES

yes um

I would but for my realllllly atrocious internet that I can't even do facebook most of the time.

we did have an chat group years ago here where we would meet and exchange tarot readings, but the chat itself seems to have gone the way of the msn . or least cant' find the link.
I think the main reason why it worked at the time is we had a link in chat. and we did practice tarot readings , and I once even did channeling healing til a previous moderator years ago called it a taking over the chat.
as at the time this was a tarot forum without spiritual topics being new, and there wasn't a divination forum here for example.
some problems with chat is you would go in and there would be people having a private conversation and not even acknowledge you at the height that was a con.

so going to the actual posts you made.

1. as it is in the spiritual chat section, they would have to be atf subscriber or gifted one to read it
so that is an yes :)

2. instead of meeting once a week, and you do want to keep it here on atf right ? ,
I would suggest weekly thread, with a source thread that has all the weekly threads in it. (easy to do by editi) .
so I would suggest you start off with what you like, usually for beginners they start off with flower energy, name reading etc.
before getting into the deeper aspects of like past life reading, spirit guides.

then give all the particpants one week to do the excerise, ,perhaps even do a say
june 2 reading excerise.
june 2 feedback, and follow up. (new thread )
then june 10 and so forth.

I think the big issue if keeping it here,, is the division between divination and spiritual forums what I mean is this.
spiritual posts are angels, guides, with some psychic gifts and vision in there.
while divination has remote vieweing and clairovance. in it.

so you would have to decide which aspects you want to focus on, divination aspect or the more spiritual parts like talking to spirit, getting to know one own spirit.

Zephyros

My initial idea was that this would happen off the AT site (as a separate entity) but would be open to any AT members who would be interested in joining. For example, a chatroom set up specifically for this purpose but off the forum – again, I’m not sure if that is allowed, so if this is against rules please feel free to remove.

Well, once you're off-site then you're on your own, for better or worse. None of the AT rules apply but none of the protections do, either. And then it gets sticky because forum rules don't allow links to other forums or venues like Facebook for various reasons, although the meet-ups can be advertised in the Tarot meetings forum. So it's murky territory, but in general whatever happens at AT stays at AT. So I can't really counsel you on that.

Are there any specific rules with regards to hosting a type of development group on the boards? For example would this be the best section in which to host or would it work better under divination?

The mods are presently discussing this (times zones ;)), and I'll get back to you with an answer. For now this can stay here, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Audelia

Hi Holmes,

Thanks a mill for your ideas and suggestions, super helpful :)

I would but for my realllllly atrocious internet that I can't even do facebook most of the time.

So going to the actual posts you made.

1. as it is in the spiritual chat section, they would have to be atf subscriber or gifted one to read it
so that is an yes :)

Ah I didn't even think of that. Thank you for pointing that out :)

2. instead of meeting once a week, and you do want to keep it here on atf right ? ,
I would suggest weekly thread, with a source thread that has all the weekly threads in it. (easy to do by editi) .
so I would suggest you start off with what you like, usually for beginners they start off with flower energy, name reading etc.
before getting into the deeper aspects of like past life reading, spirit guides.

then give all the particpants one week to do the excerise, ,perhaps even do a say
june 2 reading excerise.
june 2 feedback, and follow up. (new thread )
then june 10 and so forth.

Yes completely. I was thinking more about this last night and I think this would be the way to go. It would rule out the time zone issue if everyone had one week (they could do it at their own pace etc). and perhaps allow people to relax more. I love this template, thank you :)

I think the big issue if keeping it here,, is the division between divination and spiritual forums what I mean is this.
spiritual posts are angels, guides, with some psychic gifts and vision in there.
while divination has remote vieweing and clairovance. in it.

so you would have to decide which aspects you want to focus on, divination aspect or the more spiritual parts like talking to spirit, getting to know one own spirit.

Yes, you're right. The division would be tricky. Perhaps it could be something that we could start as a psychic development thread on the Divination forum (which would allow us to do readings on a specific sitter each week) and then, if participants felt the desire to explore more spiritual exercises, such as connecting with guides, speaking with spirit, there could also be a group on the spiritual forum that could look at these things?

I'm going to take all your suggestions on board and put together an outline, which I will post here to see how it resonates with interested people and then, if the interest is there we can discuss with the mods :)

And of course, still open to any other thoughts or input anyone has on this.

Audelia

Well, once you're off-site then you're on your own, for better or worse. None of the AT rules apply but none of the protections do, either. And then it gets sticky because forum rules don't allow links to other forums or venues like Facebook for various reasons, although the meet-ups can be advertised in the Tarot meetings forum. So it's murky territory, but in general whatever happens at AT stays at AT. So I can't really counsel you on that. [/QUOTE

Thanks for coming back to me Zephyros :) I completely take this on board and have decided that as it would be to help others on here, it would be best to host it on the boards, if allowed.

The mods are presently discussing this (times zones ;)), and I'll get back to you with an answer. For now this can stay here, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

After taking on board the suggestions by Holmes above, I'm thinking it would work best as a study (on-going feedback and exercise thread) on the Divination forum. This would ensure AT members are free to join in if they feel called to do so, we get to practice our abilities and if a certain exercise is open for a week, then members in different time zones can approach it at their own pace.

Because most of the development would centre around psychic development (strengthening skills) I feel the Divination forum would be the best place to start and, as suggested above, if people feel the desire to start exploring more spiritual work (connecting with guides or angels etc), maybe there could be something similar on this forum, demand depending.

Thanks for taking the time to offer up your suggestions on this Zephyros :) If planning to do this on the Divination thread, would the best practice be to contact and discuss with the mods over there? If you could advise that would be great. AT boards have been so helpful to me and I don't want to inadvertently break any rules or cause anything that would step on another's toes.

Thanks a mill :)

Zephyros

Thanks for taking the time to offer up your suggestions on this Zephyros :) If planning to do this on the Divination thread, would the best practice be to contact and discuss with the mods over there? If you could advise that would be great. AT boards have been so helpful to me and I don't want to inadvertently break any rules or cause anything that would step on another's toes.

That's okay, everybody already knows, we just have to figure out where to put it. :)

HOLMES

while we wait,,

thanks for being open to the feedback Audelia.

while we wait for the responses, if it does appear we can do spiritual readings in the spiritual forum, I look forward to that, it would give boosts to this side of the forum. !1

and regardless I will follow the divination aspect of the this, if you do turn into a course.