Journey into the unknown.......

Tigerangel

If you'll excuse my intrusion into this thread

Confusions are really good for your journeying...

It's an indication that you are wandering into the unknown...the place where Ego is afraid to venture...Ego is deathly afraid of NOT KNOWING. Hence fearful feelings about it...Spirit lives there FREELY...

One of the deeper truisms contained in..." Abandon all hope all yea that enter this place."

A little tool to understanding that gateway experience...it may be helpful.

"CONFUSION IS THE DOORWAY TO COMPREHENSION."... an RPA ism...

Hi, anyone is free to post in this thread, the whole concept of it is for it to be a communal blog for anyone wanting to discuss there spiritual journeys in whatever form that may be.

Yeah the ego is a hard thing to get under control and it will try to make you self doubt everything, so learning to keep that ego voice under control is a task in itself.

In talking about confusion....I'm a little confused lol, where you referencing to a book, or just quoting a phrase about confusion leading to comprehension?
and what does RPA stand for?

EmpressArwen

This whole thread is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your journey.

Calayvie

If you'll excuse my intrusion into this thread

Confusions are really good for your journeying...

It's an indication that you are wandering into the unknown...the place where Ego is afraid to venture...Ego is deathly afraid of NOT KNOWING. Hence fearful feelings about it...Spirit lives there FREELY...

One of the deeper truisms contained in..." Abandon all hope all yea that enter this place."

A little tool to understanding that gateway experience...it may be helpful.

"CONFUSION IS THE DOORWAY TO COMPREHENSION."... an RPA ism...

That nearly bought tears to my eyes! It makes beautiful sense!

I'm with Tigerangel though, what's an RPA ism?
I like reading your posts re-pete-a, they can be wonderfully insightful, but are sometimes a bit cryptic! [emoji4]

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

Tigerangel

This whole thread is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your journey.

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread and leave your post, please feel free to add on anything you feel drawn to posting about your own experiences in life.

celticnoodle

I FINALLY caught up! :) I've read and enjoyed every post.

T.A. thank you for those pictures--what a beautiful place! So calming! And, I love crows. One thing about crows--if they do live in your area, they come to know WHO belongs and WHO does not. Even in the neighborhood. I saw this in a documentary once, and found that really interesting. We did at the time have crows nesting in our area. They were all around our property all the time. So, I began to pay more attention to them and sure enough, when I would hear their caw-caw-caw-caw, and look, sometimes I noticed that there were people walking down the street--who didn't live anywhere near us that I knew of. Sometimes it was the neighbors cat however, who was at first strictly an indoor cat. However, after escaping a few times to great outdoors, his owners gave up and now he is an indoor and outdoor cat. He is also very cat like--and a very good bird and mouse catcher. *sigh* Cats will be cats.

I always loved willow trees myself. The High School I went to had a long drive to the parking area and school and both sides of this drive they had willow trees. So, as you drove through it the willow branches with their soft green would rub across your car and it was just always so beautiful. This driveway was a few hundred feet long--and we must have had at least 20 of these beautiful willow trees on each side.

I was doing some reading up on my spirit animal yesterday, the jaguar. I used to obsess over the wild cats, so I was surprised to find out some things I didn't know about this magnificent cat, things that have blown my mind and given me a new respect for this amazing creature.

(Admittedly the jaguar was my least favourite of the big cats, being harder to watch documentaries on this elusive creature, and also its stocky broad headed appearance wasn't as elegant or 'feline' as the leopard of similar appearance.)

So, humbled and somewhat embarrassed, I feel more connected to my spirit animal now, and more understanding of a rare and amazing big cat living in a beautiful part of the world that is sadly at risk of being destroyed by humankind. This awareness is amazing!

And when I connect with my spirit animal, I feel so grounded, he takes me out of my head (I'm an Airy Gemini) and into my body. And he's just so suited to be my teacher and guide, I can't believe it.
I could almost cry with joy that he is what he is, and is my animal spirit guide! [emoji4]
do continue to read about the jaguar and any other spirit animal you are drawn to. I think its part of the process to continue on our spiritual path too, when we take the time (and we should take the time to) learn about our spirit animals.

Shamanic journeying and other shamanic spiritual stuff really interests me and I wish I had courses like what you are doing available to me (and I could attend them!)

There are many offered online and there are also many books with cds/dvds, etc. that you can invest in. They probably aren't as good as being in a class with other students taught by a shaman--but it is a good way to at least immerse yourself into learning about shamanism till the day you can get to a real live class!

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but I feel I cannot let an opportunity by to educate people reading this forum, about cats. I wouldn't be following part of my purpose in life if I just left it.
wow! thank you for this, Calayvie. I didn't know this. How sad though!
I think that our spirit animals come to us not only to help us, but allow an opportunity for us to learn and appreciate the great variety of nature and all the wonderful animals in it, and their beautiful natural habitats.
yep! so agree!!! :thumbsup: Also, to help if you can with that animal. So many of them are on the endangered list. If you can find a fund that is working to help with that--even a small donation is good. :)

I don't really believe in coincidences but sometimes its hard to believe the "unreal" isn't it?
Although this "unreal" journey is so awesome! Its like making real magic and being a part of real magic!
:laugh: yes, sometimes it is difficult to believe. I think this is also just a part of the learning process though.

Sorry to hear you have a head cold. May it soon pass. A 3yr old. Ah! I have a 3yr old granddaughter. A very filled with A LOT OF RUNNING ENERGY AND MANY QUESTIONS 3yr old. :D They are enough to really keep you busy! But, they grow up so fast and each age is so very special. Do enjoy him while you are able to. Before you know it, he'll be a teenager and then bam! he's out of the house and on his own! *sigh* The hubby & I were talking this weekend about how fast our daughter grew up. One day she was 6...then all of a sudden a grown woman with children of her own! :bugeyed: When did THAT happen?

T.A. thank you also for describing each shamanic journey. Very interesting! Oh, how I wish I had more time to really just sit back and read about them and then try them myself. One day soon though! :cool:

re-pete-a

RPA ISM = Re-pete-a... original sayings.

A lot of information I disclose can be cryptic...true.

I apologize for that but it's not so easy typing new concepts in a way that all can visualize them...Things I take as normal may not be as normal to others.

A bit like the first sailors describing the new lands and new fauna to the home bound. Sometimes it takes quite some time to unravel new concepts...

Some of my meditations take months or even years before I can 'get them' .... Some spook me so bad(ego loosening) it takes a long time to break through those fear barriers .... Hence the understandings about confusions... Resistances...these usually always precede breaking through to new ground.

Some Ego's will fight very hard and dirty before allowing it to shift to a new concept...It wants to ALWAYS be in control and anything that threatens that control will be severely dealt with...
Leonardo ran into that egoistic mind set...Columbus also...Established houses of learning are no different...as a matter of fact any sort of structured organization will do the same thing...

Politics is just the tip of the iceberg...it's called elections and candidates at present.

re-pete-a

Hi, anyone is free to post in this thread, the whole concept of it is for it to be a communal blog for anyone wanting to discuss there spiritual journeys in whatever form that may be.

Yeah the ego is a hard thing to get under control and it will try to make you self doubt everything, so learning to keep that ego voice under control is a task in itself.

In talking about confusion....I'm a little confused lol, where you referencing to a book, or just quoting a phrase about confusion leading to comprehension?
and what does RPA stand for?

Thanks for your warm welcome...

re-pete-a

That nearly bought tears to my eyes! It makes beautiful sense!

I'm with Tigerangel though, what's an RPA ism?
I like reading your posts re-pete-a, they can be wonderfully insightful, but are sometimes a bit cryptic! [emoji4]

Thanks for the thumbs up...

if the previous post regarding " being cryptic" is unclear, please ask, as you have done...

Tigerangel

I FINALLY caught up! :) I've read and enjoyed every post.

T.A. thank you for those pictures--what a beautiful place! So calming! And, I love crows. One thing about crows--if they do live in your area, they come to know WHO belongs and WHO does not. Even in the neighborhood. I saw this in a documentary once, and found that really interesting. We did at the time have crows nesting in our area. They were all around our property all the time. So, I began to pay more attention to them and sure enough, when I would hear their caw-caw-caw-caw, and look, sometimes I noticed that there were people walking down the street--who didn't live anywhere near us that I knew of. Sometimes it was the neighbors cat however, who was at first strictly an indoor cat. However, after escaping a few times to great outdoors, his owners gave up and now he is an indoor and outdoor cat. He is also very cat like--and a very good bird and mouse catcher. *sigh* Cats will be cats.

I always loved willow trees myself. The High School I went to had a long drive to the parking area and school and both sides of this drive they had willow trees. So, as you drove through it the willow branches with their soft green would rub across your car and it was just always so beautiful. This driveway was a few hundred feet long--and we must have had at least 20 of these beautiful willow trees on each side.

Yes it's a lovely place, it's up at Loch Lomond, the scenery is quite amazing, we where on the east side of the Loch, my nana's ashes is actually scattered in a little church on the west side of the Loch in a place called Luss, we didn't really have time to travel round to West side but we may be going there to camp for a few days, as your not allowed to camp on the east side of the Loch.

I still need to clean and sterilise the feathers, there sitting in a zip lock bag just now till I get around to cleaning them.

I absolutely love tree-lined walkways, there was a few up where I used to stay in the West end of Glasgow, I'm now in the north side, where I grew up.
But a walkway with willow trees sound like a very magical place, would have loved to walked down that stretch of willows.

celticnoodle

But a walkway with willow trees sound like a very magical place, would have loved to walked down that stretch of willows.

:) yes, it was magical. till the bell rang! ;)

:laugh:

Your camping plans sound lovely! Be sure to tell your Nana hello too and introduce your s.o. if she doesn't know him already.