Dreaming of losing your hands (and backward feet)

Ace

I had a dream where my hands were amputated. And my feet were removed and replaced on me backward. All I could think of (in the dream) was an old Abbot and Costello movie (I can't remember which one) where at the end Costello had been rendered invisible and now as finally becoming visible again. But for some reason his legs and feet were now on backward. So he tried to run and goes backward.

And I was trying to put food in dishes down for my cats and having trouble because I had no hands. I felt it shouldn't be an issue, but it was very awkward.

I have no idea why I had this dream, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Barb

ana luisa

To me both signs show that you feel you're going nowhere (because of the feet) and you are rendered powerless (because of the hands). Is there something going on in your life that is bringing you extreme anguish and that cannot (for some reason) deal with ?
Most importantly, how did you feel in the dream about these circumstances ? Did you deal with them well ? Did you feel desperate ?

EmpressArwen

To me both signs show that you feel you're going nowhere (because of the feet) and you are rendered powerless (because of the hands). Is there something going on in your life that is bringing you extreme anguish and that cannot (for some reason) deal with ?
Most importantly, how did you feel in the dream about these circumstances ? Did you deal with them well ? Did you feel desperate ?

Agree! I feel that you are feeling powerless right now. You are unable to accomplish what you want in life and it feels like you, no matter what you do, keep moving backwards (or further from your goals). Assess what it is you want. See how your own actions (or in actions) might be self-sabotaging.

AnemoneRosie

I came to say the same about powerless, but also wanted to add something about feeling incompetent or impotent. As though you know what it is that needs to be done, but either can't do it yourself or don't trust yourself to get it accomplished and don't know how to get the support that you need.

Ace

Thank you all for your comments! I do feel very depressed and helpless to stop spending money (on the new condo and business expenses--I am not a shopaholic) And I can't get more business to come in either. and I DO think it is me: when I PAID someone to do my Facebook posting, it brought in a LOT of likes but I can't bring myself to post and they are no where as interesting either.

But in the dream, I was just feeling inconvenienced by not having hands. I felt I SHOULD be able to adopt much better to the change of circumstances. So to say that I am feeling incompetent is very real.

I am starting to work with a therapist for the depression...we will see where THAT goes. But that makes a lot of sense: I feel life is not moving forward right now, and it is not under my control and I USED to be more organized...(not really, but I think I was.) and it is a muddle.

Thanks guys.

barb

bluelagune

I had a dream once somewhat similar to yours but only in mine I was in a building with people whos arms and limbs were chopped off. In reality however, there was nothing phisical wrong with people. They only lived in community that hated any kind of improvement. They thought that making a constructive critisizm was an insult or damage to reputation so noone spoke any bad about anyone. Problem with being afraid of critisizm or change for that matter made the community live on dark ages. So is there something in your thinking prevents you from enjoying your buisness?

Ace

I had a dream once somewhat similar to yours but only in mine I was in a building with people whos arms and limbs were chopped off. In reality however, there was nothing phisical wrong with people. They only lived in community that hated any kind of improvement. They thought that making a constructive critisizm was an insult or damage to reputation so noone spoke any bad about anyone. Problem with being afraid of critisizm or change for that matter made the community live on dark ages. So is there something in your thinking prevents you from enjoying your buisness?

I can see your point, bluelagune, thank you. Not about work but at home, I feel there are things we don't discuss that I need to talk about. I have always felt I will be criticized no matter what I do, although Val is really very accepting of me. But sometimes I feel so powerless. I will see. I read today that being Vitamin D deficient can make you depressed and my blood work shows that I am low on D. So maybe I can fix me.

barb

bluelagune

I can see your point, bluelagune, thank you. Not about work but at home, I feel there are things we don't discuss that I need to talk about. I have always felt I will be criticized no matter what I do, although Val is really very accepting of me. But sometimes I feel so powerless. I will see. I read today that being Vitamin D deficient can make you depressed and my blood work shows that I am low on D. So maybe I can fix me.

barb

Yes. These people were diprested too but what bothered me about them was that they accepted their life's as is and did not bother seeing the other side. IF I have a problem I first try to find out what's causing it and I dig so far until I get a solution. The group of people, when they had a problem they would try to fix it but as soon as process or solution upset the stairs quo or upset their friends or would be misconstrued, they instantly gave up. I say "hell no and pick up the showell". They said "you can't do this beca use we've live like this for so many years and this is how things are done" . They cut off their own hands because they had thsee stupid rules in their head, which I think are a load of outdated crap. I think you have same idea of what is allowed and what not and you won't go further. Screw that, make new rules!

.. hope this makes sence.