Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

Books on tarot symbolism

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _R_ View Post
Believe it or not, that PDF was actually compiled (by another member) from a long-running thread here on AT back in the days...

See here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=112327

Mel hasn't posted here in some years so it would be unfair to give away too many details. You could always post a thank-you note in that thread if you wish.

Ah, another, much more readable, work that touches on pythagorean number symbolism and its relation to the Tarot is Nigel Jackson's book, "Fortuna's Wheel".
I remember Mel's old thread, and believe I already condensed what I could out of it for my reference material. If this newer pdf captures the same thing that I already assembled myself, I won't need to print another 90 pages.
Top   #11
Citizen

_R_ 

Having had second thoughts, I just had a quick look again at both Opsapaus and Jackson's takes on the suits, and it turns out it was Jackson rather than Opsapaus who stuck to the Rider-Waite attributions.

In fact, Opsapaus states: N.B.: I think the Pythagorean interpretation of the Decad requires a more positive reading of the Dix of Swords than is usual.

[ web.eecs.utk.edu/~mclennan/BA/PT/m10.html ]

Just in case anyone was wondering.
Top   #12
Citizen

3ill.yazi 

I've been enjoying this book, which is out of print and quite expensive to find, but recently found available to take out as an ebook from the Open Library.

https://openlibrary.org/works/OL4907...arot_symbolism
Top   #13

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.