How do you work with them

greenandroses

What do you do when you get your crystals? Do you program? Say affirmations? Do you cleanse them, charge them and then just carry them around?

Hemera

I simply cleanse it and then I carry it around with me for a while. I try to read all I can find about it both online and in books -and the rest depends on the crystal. Sometimes I take pictures of it or draw it in my journal. Sometimes the crystal ends up with a tarot deck and I store it in the pouch with the cards. I normally don´t charge them or program them in any way. I don´t feel they need it. But again, a lot depends on the crystal and the feeling I get from it.

Redfaery

Depends on the crystal. Some have practically begged for cleansing, others have just seemed "ready to go" as soon as I got them home. Regardless, they invariably are presented at the shrine I keep for my patron goddess.

celticnoodle

Much like Hemera, when I first buy the crystal, I will bring them home and cleanse them. Anymore, my cleansing for crystals include putting them around my clear crystal mountain crystal that I have. I will hold them and talk to them as well--usually telepathically--thanking them for coming into my life and asking them to aid me in the way they are best able to.

Once in awhile I do like to hold them during my meditations and I also like to read all I can on the various crystals that I pick up. For the most part, the majority of my crystals are kept together in a box--so that I can easily travel with them. However, I also keep some on an "altar" that I have set up in each home. At the farmhouse, its very small, as its on the table beside my bed with my lamp, alarm clock and a few other items. At our vacation home, I have it set up on a vanity that I own--with the majority of my crystal balls and other crystals as well. I change them around at times too, tucking one that I feel pulled towards into my pockets as I go about my daily life.

I always wear my moldavite & pietersite on a chain around my neck. Some days, I feel I need my jet stones or my rose quartz with me as well and tuck them into my pockets.

RiverRunsDeep

When I purchase my crystals, I "cleanse" them by doing a brief Reiki treatment. Then, I leave the crystals by my bedside for dream work, or use them for scrying, hold them in my hands while meditating, or place them over my chakras while doing a self Reiki session. If I feel that my crystals need recharging .....more Reiki!

rainboweve

I cleanse my crystals, usually in a water bath (though not for all crystals, as water can damage some of them) and then charge them in sunlight or moonlight. I do carry some of them around with me in a pouch in my bag, but my favorite use for crystals is meditation and healing... just sitting quietly while holding one of my crystals and letting it heal me or clearing my mind is a very peaceful experience. :)

Metra

Depends if it's going to be a stone I work with at home or one I wear when I'm out.

If it's one I'm going to wear I cleanse it and then wire wrap it and make it into a necklace. I then leave it on my windowsill to charge. I don't put too much energy into these as I don't work with them as much.

If it's one I work with at home I like to cleanse by leaving them out in the rain on a tree stump in the yard. From there they charge under the moon and sunlight. When I pick up the stones the next day they're vibrating with energy. The first time I did this I couldn't believe the difference I could feel compared to just leaving them to charge on my windowsill. From there I do chakra healing with them. Once in awhile I lend their energies to my tarot readings.