Ouija

celticnoodle

Wow celticnoodle, your experiences are very interesting. Not sure how I'd handle seeing spirits though, but perhaps when you get used to them, they do begin to seem like a new normal.

Just a question though, do you remember how you played the Ouija? Did you pray in the beginning and/or end? Did you follow strict "rules"? Or did you just play it by ear?

EmpyreanKnight, my apologies. I didn't see this till just now. No, we didn't pray in the beginning or the end. Didn't really follow any rules either, just took the board, sat down in the family room where it was somewhat quiet, and used it. sometimes we accused each other of pushing the board, sometimes we were giggling and laughing, but it was all just exciting fun. :D

DownUnderNZer

I have 4 spirit boards and two are still unopened. (Maybe 5).
Never had any problems with the ones opened, but hardly ever use them now either.

Have come across a few people in Psychic/Medium circles that have had to deal with "doors being opened" after Ouija boards have been used by whoever.

I think a few partying teenagers was one of the last stories I heard about which was a bit of a mess to clean up as one of the boys became possessed. USA too I think, but am not 100%. It was sorted, but it almost took his life and it was very taxing on the adults that became involved. That night in circle - the Ouija was discussed in very negative tones and the situation about that teen was brought up in kind of hush tones probably because it was still rather raw and maybe they did not want it to back lash. No idea. But it was not something that was fixed in 5 minutes and knowing what I know now, if Demonic, that kid will always be a mark. Looking back - I think Demonic.

For the teens playing with it - it was just curiosity and fun nothing more than that.

DND :)

Achlys

I regularly use a Ouija board and enjoy doing Ouija sessions.
They're surprisingly helpful. I can't say I've ever gotten any negative experiences from them. If anything, they've helped ward off negative energies or warn of them.
I have been using them for roughly around 6 years now. I can't say I've ever witnessed anything like the horror stories or anything out of a horror movie.
It's all been pretty tame. I have to wonder if those mass hysteria episodes are really just like a synergic cascade...They all panic and their fears manifest in unhealthy ways more than I think it's actually an evil spirit. Or deep down they really want something to happen and subconsciously start acting it out.

CosmicBeing

I don't know if they use them in their services (not sure what the terminology is for their church gatherings). But I read a book on Lily Dale (NY) and I believe they talked about using them. I definitely think it is something most spiritualist would be ok with.

The book also talked about how they would set up these mirrors in a room and try to get a spirit to show themselves. I've always been curious about this technique but know I would never be brave enough to do it.

**side note...I want to go to Lily Dale sooooo bad!!**

Just saw this post!!! Yes! I want to visit Lily Dale.....Maybe one day. I really don't have any spirits that are talkative. But, still be cool to visit. I went to one spiritualist church and it was a sorry to say...hack.

I heard about the time when spiritualist churches were really rising (many popping up)....I do know you can find a lot more spiritualist churches in new England than any other place in the northeast/central Atlantic.

Lily Dale becomes very active in the summer. But, sadly people come up their to protest against the community...it's really sad that people can't have different spiritual views and leave it at that. I bet you those who are protesting wouldn't like it if a huge community from a different religion stood in front of their gates everyday protesting.

Darkmage

I regularly use a Ouija board and enjoy doing Ouija sessions.
They're surprisingly helpful. I can't say I've ever gotten any negative experiences from them. If anything, they've helped ward off negative energies or warn of them.
I have been using them for roughly around 6 years now. I can't say I've ever witnessed anything like the horror stories or anything out of a horror movie.
It's all been pretty tame. I have to wonder if those mass hysteria episodes are really just like a synergic cascade...They all panic and their fears manifest in unhealthy ways more than I think it's actually an evil spirit. Or deep down they really want something to happen and subconsciously start acting it out.

^^THIS. x100.

The mind is a tricky thing with a lot more power than people realize. I think people go in there *expecting* bad things to happen on some level, and so their Ouija experience then becomes self-fulfilling prophecy.

The worst session I've ever had was just noise. The answers made no sense. *shrug*

DownUnderNZer

LILY DALE:

My American sister (host family when I was an exchange student) has been to Lily Dale a few times and has had readings.

My family own a holiday home kind of not far from there and Jones Town I think - on a lake.

Most of the community are readers if I remember right, but she told me that it is rather expensive and she did not find the readers she had to be on to it.

I wanted to go and see - she would have taken me too only after hearing her opinion it put me off.

If ever I return to the states, and am playing with the idea, may go and see it just to kill my curiosity.

CosmicBeing

LILY DALE:

My American sister (host family when I was an exchange student) has been to Lily Dale a few times and has had readings.

My family own a holiday home kind of not far from there and Jones Town I think - on a lake.

Most of the community are readers if I remember right, but she told me that it is rather expensive and she did not find the readers she had to be on to it.

I wanted to go and see - she would have taken me too only after hearing her opinion it put me off.

If ever I return to the states, and am playing with the idea, may go and see it just to kill my curiosity.

I always worry about 'cold readers'.....I mean like readers that don't give specifics but very general stuff that could apply to many things but still be specific enough.

Maybe I'm just a harsh critic...I just feel details are important in all readings. The detail is what makes the reading truly personal.

I would still go just to see it...even though I am not big in the spiritualist community.

I just never had the time to go because other plans came up or other commitments. I remember I almost went when I got called in to work the weekend.

I still love card readings (of all form), astrology, and crystal ball readings the most!

celticnoodle

Just saw this post!!! Yes! I want to visit Lily Dale.....Maybe one day. I really don't have any spirits that are talkative. But, still be cool to visit. I went to one spiritualist church and it was a sorry to say...hack.

I heard about the time when spiritualist churches were really rising (many popping up)....I do know you can find a lot more spiritualist churches in new England than any other place in the northeast/central Atlantic.

Lily Dale becomes very active in the summer. But, sadly people come up their to protest against the community...it's really sad that people can't have different spiritual views and leave it at that. I bet you those who are protesting wouldn't like it if a huge community from a different religion stood in front of their gates everyday protesting.

LilyDale is only a few hours drive away from me and yet I haven't been there yet! My sister and I and a friend had planned to go one year - but something came up and the trip got cancelled. but ONE DAY!!! It is only open to outsiders in the summer time. http://www.lilydaleassembly.com/ You MUST be accepted into the Lily Dale community--and its not easy. Everyone in Lily Dale has psychic abilities of some sort and then of course, their family members.

LILY DALE:

Do you mean, Johnstown? I'm not familiar with Jones Town/Jonestown, but I could be wrong. Lily Dale is very close to Cassadaga Lake. Not one of the finger lakes, but located closely to them.

Yes, I have found it somewhat expensive also--but I'm still interested in the experience of being in such a community for readings and classes. :) My sister, friend and I all plan to go there still, but if we do we will stay outside of their Lily Dale boundaries at a hotel. I have heard that if you stay inside Lily Dale, first of all--its very expensive too, (more then the hotel outside!) and that its not always very comfortable. Just for you to consider too if you decide to make the trip.