New Herkimer "diamond"

celticnoodle

(((Celticnoodle)))

If you ever do go would you mine one for me please?
I've wanted one for a long time but none I've found ever felt right :(

Yes, of course, DDwarks! :)

suk

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

I don't live anywhere near NY, but mining for crystals sounds really exciting. I love collecting rocks from beaches, I've found huge chunks of quartz that way. I hope you end up going someday soon, CN!

Padma - Those links are really informative, I love the Crystal Vaults website for information on crystals. I don't know if I will start a study group yet, but I'm considering it for sure. Maybe once I have some more experience with it I'll start one. (Which shouldn't take long if I hang out with it everyday...)

My favourite thing about it is the description from Melody's books on Crystal Vaults. It talks about the appreciation of the self and the realisation that 'there is nothing to become'. My first experience with it clearly showed me that.

Also, funny you should mention the earth star chakra stones Padma, since the black Kyanite I got with it corresponds to that, so these two stones apparently go pretty well together!

The crystal shop actually had some 'smoky' ones that were much larger as well, but instead of being brownish or blackish they were orange/yellow, quite like citrine.

nisaba

That's pretty cool, Suk! The little black dots are likely bits of mud (because that is what Herkimers grow in!)

I was told they were hydrocarbon inclusions? And that the rarer kinds have inclusions of water droplets instead of the hydrocarbons.

Padma

You are correct, Nisaba. It was I who had my facts wrong about inclusions being mud. Thanks for that!