Guides

mingbop

We are having a good discussion on another group over the ethics of giving out a sitter's guides in a circle. The more traditional mediums (inc me) think it's wrong - because you can't prove it.,, the sitter usually can't verify it. I like evidential mediumship!
The New Agers in the group think there's nothing wrong with it. What do you all think?
If I came to you in a circle and said "I have your guide here - he is a Chinese Monk or Zulu Warrior or Native American lady ... would it make a difference to your life? Would you believe me? If yes - then why? lol

MissNine

If I were the person, I would ignore the statement and think you were out to get more money from me because the reading was getting a bit too "out there".

I agree with you that there's an issue in giving information to a person that the person can't verify. It's like someone telling me I was Cleopatra and James Dean in my past lives. I can't tell them definitively that they are wrong, but does that mean they are right? It just seems like room for people to bend reality and make themselves look all knowing.

Everyone is different about guides and angels and I don't think there's a right or wrong way to look at it. I personally believe I might have different guides and spirits helping me or watching out for me, but they are all there by the grace of God. So, the way I see it, my only "guide" is God.

I've never met a person who didn't figure out the name of their guide on their own. It seems such a personal thing to have a guide that I would take major issue with a psychic who jumped in unsolicited to tell me who my guide was and their name. I would feel they invaded my privacy.

Guides are supposed to help and protect you. They seem like more of a presence than your personal doctor or a priest, so why wouldn't a guide tell the person their name? I don't see how a guide could be that invested in a person's life/soul that they converse with the person, yet don't feel it necessary to tell the person their name? Can you imagine if you went to a new doctor and let them examine you, before you knew their name? Anyone that up close and personal who I'm supposed to trust to advise me better identify themselves. I would ask their name if need be but never let them treat me first and then ask around for their name post exam.

BrightEye

If I came to you in a circle and said "I have your guide here - he is a Chinese Monk or Zulu Warrior or Native American lady ... would it make a difference to your life? Would you believe me? If yes - then why? lol

For me it wouldn't be so much a question of believing you or not. I would be indifferent because I wouldn't have a personal connection to this supposed guide. Guides come to me in dreams and it's the emotional response they create in me when I see them that helps me see their guidance. Without that emotion, they would not be able to guide me. I would not hear or see them. So if anyone came up to me and said your guide is such and such, it would be useless information for me. If guides can't make themselves known to me, without a mediator, then there's no point having them.

EmpressArwen

I think it depends on the sitter. If someone told me about a guide in a reading, it would be confirming what I already know because I have met my guides (and talk to them). If someone said "you have a guide coming through..he has longish brown hair and a very sarcastic sense of humor." I would say, "yeah...that's Joe." So I could easily verify the information. Now if someone hadn't met their guides, it wouldn't be helpful because, as you stated, they couldn't verify the info...to me it would be the same as a very distant relative coming through, that I know nothing about. I would just be like, "um...ok?" and not really get much out of it.

ETA...

"I've never met a person who didn't figure out the name of their guide on their own. It seems such a personal thing to have a guide that I would take major issue with a psychic who jumped in unsolicited to tell me who my guide was and their name. I would feel they invaded my privacy." -MissNine

I completely agree with this. For me, it wouldn't be the invasion of privacy so much as that if I am supposed to know the guides name they will tell me. Someone on the outside shouldn't. When the time comes a guide will let the person know themselves. I don't think a 3rd party should get involved. It is a very personal thing between the guide and their person. IMO.

gregory

We are having a good discussion on another group over the ethics of giving out a sitter's guides in a circle. The more traditional mediums (inc me) think it's wrong - because you can't prove it.,, the sitter usually can't verify it. I like evidential mediumship!
The New Agers in the group think there's nothing wrong with it. What do you all think?
No. (not that I believe anything you say, ming... })) but no. I think we have to "find" our guides ourselves. If someone else chucks one at me - it has nothing to do with ME.

I suspect a degree of terminal laziness among your New Agers. They haven't felt it for themselves; a guide has not shown up for them, begging for their attention, when they kind of hoped it would be that easy - so they'd like to have it sorted by someone else so they can say they HAVE a guide.

Apollonia

If I get it, I give it. It is the sitter's reading and whether or not they are likely to believe in any of what I receive is up to them.

Quite a few of my clients have asked me to tell them about their guides, and I do so willingly and without judgment. It has nothing to do with whether the guide has been trying to connect with them or not; all of our guides want to connect with us because they love us and they want to help us. But a great many people in this busy world do not have a large amount of time to dedicate to learning to easily speak with spirits, and of course, some don't trust what they get on their own, because their logical side talks them out of it. I am a facilitator and I do not think the "New Agers" are simply too lazy or whatever label could be put on them.

Maybe the chef at a fine dining restaurant is judgmental to the point that he thinks his customers are too lazy to learn to do French cuisine on their own, but on the other hand, maybe he is the one who had the interest, talent, time, and resources to learn to make great French food, so people who have other things they want or need to do with their time (and who believe in what he does) will gladly to pay him to do it for them,

gregory

<deleted>

DownUnderNZer

Do TV Guides count? :D

That is about the only current guide I have at the moment that actually works for me.:thumbsup:

I did request Liberace (to spruce up my keyboard skills) and Bruce Lee (to do some kick ass lightening manoeuvres), but alas I was denied having them both. And still I pray even just for one.

Instead I was given a wrinkly old wise Indian woman with the patience of a saint.

TV Guide any day.....

DND :)

Ps Is it too much to ask for those two in particular?

......................................................................................................................................................

BrightEye

Quite a few of my clients have asked me to tell them about their guides, and I do so willingly and without judgment. It has nothing to do with whether the guide has been trying to connect with them or not; all of our guides want to connect with us because they love us and they want to help us. But a great many people in this busy world do not have a large amount of time to dedicate to learning to easily speak with spirits, and of course, some don't trust what they get on their own, because their logical side talks them out of it. I am a facilitator

Spiritual work needs effort, like any other work or skill. If you want to do it, you put in the time. I think the French chef analogy doesn't quite work. People who want to be able to cook French food, and do so well, have a different motivation to people who go to the restaurant and eat it prepared by someone else.

If their logical side talks them out of engaging with their guides, how do you get them to accept the guide's message that you translate to your clients?

gregory

Spiritual work needs effort, like any other work or skill. If you want to do it, you put in the time. I think the French chef analogy doesn't quite work. People who want to be able to cook French food, and do so well, have a different motivation to people who go to the restaurant and eat it prepared by someone else.

If their logical side talks them out of engaging with their guides, how do you get them to accept the guide's message that you translate to your clients?
Exactly. Also - guides are meant to guide you, not speak through an intermediary, I think (I haven't yet met mine, but if/when I do, I want it to be MY discovery, not chucked at me by someone in a circle.)