Mood and Depression

Labhraín

What crystals or stones are beneficial for moodiness, emotional stabilization and depression? Would that be yellow stones? I thought yellow colored stones relate to mood and emotions but I wasn't sure.

I looked in "The Encyclopedia of Crystals" and it said that Hyalite is good for mood stabilization but in terms of meditation. For depression, it said Black Calcite, Eudialite, Lithium Quartz, Orange Calcite and Sapphire.

What's good for moodiness? This book also says at the start of the section on Yellow, Cream and Gold crystals, that they work with the mind are good for balancing emotion, intellect, seasonal depression. Am I on the right track or are there other suggestions?

Tigerangel

The crystal I would recommend is carnelian, mainly because it's help me greatly with depression and generally putting me in a more active upbeat mood.

I don't how it would work for you, as people can have different experiences with crystals some are right for certain people and some won't work with others.

But my personal experiences with carnelian have been good and I have a strong infinity with it and it's a crystal I use alot.

The best coloured stones to work with would probably be in the red, orange, gold, and yellow colour spectrum.
I have also heard that lepidolite, tigers eye and smokey quartz are good for depression.

Sitting/walking n the sun( if there's any around lol) and also doing exercise activities can help to lift moods.

Rose quartz may help also, although that's a stone I've never liked using, I just don't work well with rose quartz at all, but I've heard it can really help some people with self love and acceptance.

You can maybe try a few stones to see which ones work for you, but remember to activate the crystal for your specific purpose otherwise you won't get the full benefit of the stones frequency vibration.

I can't think of any others at the moment, hope you find one that helps.

Redfaery

I don't really work with traditional color correspondences that much, but I would definitely recommend keeping citrine on hand for lifting the mood.

As for depression, that's really tough. I've had bouts of clinical depression all my life, and the only thing that's really helped is antidepressants.

Emotional stabilization I would look at grounding stones like hematite and obsidian. Bloodstone is my personal favorite though.

Calayvie

I've found Lepidolite to be uplifting, I carried it around quite a bit.
And Peacock Ore (Chalcopyrite) is supposed to be good, I have a piece but haven't really been drawn to it.
I personally love Aventurine, I carried that around a lot, I found it soothing and balancing. Its a healing crystal.
I also think Sunstone might be good, its a beautiful uplifting colour and shine. I haven't done a lot with it though, but you might like to try it :)

I'm also going to send you a pm :)

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

danieljuk

I've had difficulties with Rose Quartz Tigerangel as well. It is good for anything to do with love / self-love issues though.

I have been having a bit of a bad depression / anxiety time and been trying out stones / gems / crystals to help and I am only a beginner. I think for me the key is grounding stones first, ground myself and then try stones after that. I want to try Sunstone (Feldspar) which I have heard is good for depression and lifting things. It might be better for SAD type depression though. But definitely the darker stones (like the blacks) are grounding, we are safe, we are okay! the brighter stones can improve our mood (yellows, golds). Other colours can help heal if you have problems (if you have specific chakra blockages or that sort of thing).

ooh just thought of another, a classic gem for bad depression is Lithium Quartz, ironically Lithium is used for treatment as a medicine and in homeopathy. But there is a form of Quartz of it which will be calming.

I would recommend though, trying different stones. It's hard to find what fits each person and their situation. Friends have said "this will definitely help you" and it hasn't and surprising crystals have given me a boost, like Labradorite which isn't for this area really at all, it's to do with the psychic realm. So good to experiment with smaller inexpensive tumbled stones if see if things help. good luck with it Labhraín :)

Hemera

I would recommend though, trying different stones. It's hard to find what fits each person and their situation. Friends have said "this will definitely help you" and it hasn't and surprising crystals have given me a boost, like Labradorite which isn't for this area really at all, it's to do with the psychic realm. So good to experiment with smaller inexpensive tumbled stones if see if things help. good luck with it Labhraín :)
I agree with experimenting. My go to stone is Aquamarine but like danieljuk, I've found Labradorite to be quite surprising. I would personally start with those two -and maybe Citrine. But it is probably very personal and needs some experimenting to find the one that works for you.

Labhraín

Thank you to everyone! Good stuff!

Thanks everybody for such great suggestions.

Although lots of us have moodiness and depression, anxiety, stress, etc..(and it's something we all need to tackle...) I think if I really really fine tune right now in this moment what I'm looking to improve is stable and smooth out mood and emotions, particularly at work. I work in a customer service environment and I am very sensitive and not so great at hiding my frustration, irritation, etc. and keeping those emotions balanced so all the customer sees is my smiling face :)

I know Hemera mentioned Aquamarine (which by the way, I actually wore yesterday and I hadn't worn it in a while...), would Aquamarine be just as suited for the situation I just described? Really zeroing in on emotions in a workplace? I'm not sure but I figured I'd ask.

I was thinking of Citrine, maybe Moonstone but I wasn't sure - today I decided to wear a Peridot and Aquamarine ring (very green Peridot and pale, almost quartz-like in color Aquamarine). I like clear quartz as one of my favorite stones and I was told my a vedic gemologist that clear stones are best for me and I do love clear quartz.

I'll have a look at all the ideas presented here. I think it's a good list to have and one probably everybody needs to have on hand at one time or another. :)

Tigerangel

Thanks everybody for such great suggestions.

Although lots of us have moodiness and depression, anxiety, stress, etc..(and it's something we all need to tackle...) I think if I really really fine tune right now in this moment what I'm looking to improve is stable and smooth out mood and emotions, particularly at work. I work in a customer service environment and I am very sensitive and not so great at hiding my frustration, irritation, etc. and keeping those emotions balanced so all the customer sees is my smiling face :)

I know Hemera mentioned Aquamarine (which by the way, I actually wore yesterday and I hadn't worn it in a while...), would Aquamarine be just as suited for the situation I just described? Really zeroing in on emotions in a workplace? I'm not sure but I figured I'd ask.

I was thinking of Citrine, maybe Moonstone but I wasn't sure - today I decided to wear a Peridot and Aquamarine ring (very green Peridot and pale, almost quartz-like in color Aquamarine). I like clear quartz as one of my favorite stones and I was told my a vedic gemologist that clear stones are best for me and I do love clear quartz.

I'll have a look at all the ideas presented here. I think it's a good list to have and one probably everybody needs to have on hand at one time or another. :)

I work in a fast paced face to face customer service area aswell and also have a colleague who doesn't like me and I can feel her aiming all her negative energy at me, but ever since I've started wearing my moonstone pendant to work things have improved and I'm not getting irritating customers either lol, so maybe giving the moonstone a go may be worthwhile.

Aquamarine is such a lovely calming stone, I've just had the idea to combine some moonstone and Aquamarine into a beaded necklace for myself.

The info I have on crystals is from my crystal handbook by Simon and Sue Lily.

Aquamarine Keywords, cooling, clarifying, soothing, lightening

Healing functions

Boosts the immune system, balances the thymus and throat chakras.
Clears stagnant emotions
Encourages optimism
Enables creative expression of ideas
Encourages unique skills
Helps you to find inspiration and enables the imagination to flow usually leading to practical outcomes

Practical idea

Combine in a layout with rose quartz to Calm and sooth on all levels.

Moonstone keywords, Emotional balance, Release, Empathy, Femininity.

Healing Functions

Balances the body's blood and lymph systems (aspects influenced by the element water)
Relieves menstrual cramps and helps with other female issues
Relieves indigestion, especially if stress-related
Stabilises the emotions and releases tension
Helps us to empathise with other beings
Enhances intuition and imagination

Practical ideas

To sooth and calm the body, emotions and mind, use five moonstones, placing them above the head, on each shoulder above the armpit and on each hip bone.
This layout is amplified if you lie on a dark blue cloth.

After reading through that info I think these two stones are suited to soothing out the mood and emotions and having Empathy towards others aswell, also I really feel the need to make myself a Aquamarine and moonstone necklace now ☺

@Daniel, I dont know what it is with rose quartz, either it's energy is too subtle for me or its the fact I don't like the colour pink.

Labhraín

I agree with experimenting. My go to stone is Aquamarine but like danieljuk, I've found Labradorite to be quite surprising. I would personally start with those two -and maybe Citrine. But it is probably very personal and needs some experimenting to find the one that works for you.

Thank you Hemera! :)

Labhraín

I've had difficulties with Rose Quartz Tigerangel as well. It is good for anything to do with love / self-love issues though.

I have been having a bit of a bad depression / anxiety time and been trying out stones / gems / crystals to help and I am only a beginner. I think for me the key is grounding stones first, ground myself and then try stones after that. I want to try Sunstone (Feldspar) which I have heard is good for depression and lifting things. It might be better for SAD type depression though. But definitely the darker stones (like the blacks) are grounding, we are safe, we are okay! the brighter stones can improve our mood (yellows, golds). Other colours can help heal if you have problems (if you have specific chakra blockages or that sort of thing).

ooh just thought of another, a classic gem for bad depression is Lithium Quartz, ironically Lithium is used for treatment as a medicine and in homeopathy. But there is a form of Quartz of it which will be calming.

Cool beans...thank you. Good stuff for everyone to have in their toolbox.