Claircognizance/Direct Knowing

mingbop

Life is certainly a lot more interesting once you open the door to that other world :)
Opening that wardrobe door in the back of your mind ... lol

celticnoodle

Sztar, I hope you get as much out of the books as I did. Also, I have to tell you that when our daughter was pregnant with her first baby, I had a *dream* or perhaps an astral traveling experience into the future, and I was with my mother and my maternal (deceased) aunt. We were introduced to my future granddaughter in it. I remember holding her as did my mother too.

However, my sils line had not had a baby girl born into their family in MANY generations. They always had boys. Even our daughters doctor thought she was having a boy because she was 'carrying like she had a boy' and how his own wife carried their 3 boys born to them. I held strong to the fact that she was carrying a girl. (My mother also had a dream like mine too, btw) and then finally, SHE was born! :D Everyone had to laugh and ask how I 'knew'--as some of his family do not know of my abilities. ;)

However, that said, I don't like to predict the sex of babies, because I'm not always 100%. Though I did see my friends daughter with her first baby in a dream and I thought it was a girl. :eek: I was wrong! she had a boy! :laugh:

celticnoodle

re-reading through your post, suk, I decided I had to comment on your post about your grandmothers.

First of all, I have to say that I had a grandmother who wasn't very loving and always seemed distant. We kids were always good to her and we did love her, but we didn't like to visit her as it was always awkward and she could be mean. However, in my adult life, I got into the genealogy and while I had always known her parents died when she was young, I didn't know her whole story until I began researching the family genealogy.

I came to know a lot more about my grandmother and what a horrible and hard life she had. She never really knew love and then later it also came out that even her husband cheated on her, but in those days, women didn't have much of a chance in divorcing their husbands. He was always portrayed to us as a wonderful guy too, (though he died before I was born).

I realized that we don't really KNOW why people are the way they are. Even the sour pusses and mean people most likely have a reason they are the way they are. That gm grew up being pushed around from one home to another to work till she was old enough to get married, never really feeling loved by anyone. So, as a result, she didn't KNOW how to love and nurture her own children or grandchildren. I so wish I could go back in time to when I was a kid and now be even better and more understanding to her. But, thats not possible. So, I try now instead to share her story with my cousins and family, about how hard it was for her. Imagine growing up not ever feeling loved? And then marrying someone and finding out that he also didn't love you - but another? And no one around to help her find independence or love. SO SAD!

There is also one particular person alive in my family who knew this gm very well and always goes on about what a mean B*tch she was, and how horribly mean, etc. etc. etc. and, now that I am an adult and I look at this particular person, I see she is even worse then our gm was. I feel very sorry for this person too--as no one really likes to be around this person. We love this person of course, but....

so the family genealogy has revealed a lot to me and has helped me to realize that people often portray a sense about them that was built up over time as a result of not feeling good about themselves. So, don't worry about feeling fond of your *evil* grandmother. Perhaps she was someone who didn't feel loved or who knows what? Perhaps she was also ill--with a severe form of depression that caused her to act in ways that were *evil*. You and others just may not really know. So, don't feel bad about it. Perhaps in spirit YOU feeling this fondness is helping her to heal. I believe in reincarnation and perhaps your fond feelings for her will help her in her next incarnation. It does speak volumes of you though! You are not judging her. You are feeling a fondness for her in spite of what her history in life was.

The reading showed me that she had 'lessons' to learn... she wasn't exactly a good person during her life, a bit of a troublemaker in almost every sense. When she died, I had a strong feeling that her death was significant karmically. I'm not sure how to fully express that in words, but this feeling was way stronger than any other feeling, of sadness or even shock. That it was inevitable, and in some way, it was the universe showing me what the Divine was capable of.
could very well be true, suk.
I kept remembering my other (more spiritually inclined) late grandmother's words: all our karma is delivered to us within this lifetime.
I like to think this is also very true.
Another way of enhancing these abilities, I'm discovering, is through the study of symbols, in dreams, daydreams or meditations. Jesus is said to have called it the only way to 'reach heaven' or something in that vein. So maybe tarot ties into it quite well, as it's a kind of study of symbols too.
yes, very true! But also one needs to also understand that sometimes what one symbol means to person "A" can be very different to person "B". So, don't just go with the generally accepted symbols meaning - though it is a good start. pay attention to what that symbol means to you--if you continue to see it.

A yellow rose generally means happiness and blessings. its often associated with getting well wishes. however, for you it could mean so much more. such as, say it is the flower that brings up sad and awful memories for you. Then, if it appears to you, it could instead be a symbolic meaning for you to be ready for something unpleasant. So we all have to have ready our *own* personal symbolic dictionary as well.

celticnoodle

Probably none of our grandmothers was "evil" - just the times and beliefs of where and when they lived.

Ming, you said it beautifully here! :thumbsup:

Sztar

Probably none of our grandmothers was "evil" - just the times and beliefs of where and when they lived. I think sztar that these dreams are clairvoyance, it's how I started out on my journey to being a medium. The next thing is to find that off/on switch lol andonce you get control then you're off and running :) Have fun on this exciting path xx

Thanks, mingbop! I find this encouraging. When I think about all the good I could do if I find the on/off switch, I feel like I have a responsibility to try. Also, like you said, it makes life so much more interesting!

mingbop

Well... the first thing we do when we take delivery of a brand new gadget is to find out how to turn it on and off... isn't that right? :)

Sztar

Ha! Yes, I suppose you're right. I'll try participating in the psychic exercises.

suk

Wow CN, thanks for sharing the story about your grandmother. I have a distant aunt like that too, who everyone says is horrible and doesn't appreciate anything people do for her... But meeting her and learning about her life from my dad made me so sad for her. She was a really strong, determined woman, and left the guy she married at a time when it wasn't socially acceptable. I would certainly be bitter in my old age if I had to live her life, and always had people criticising me.

About my grandmother, I was never really faced with her bad side as much as my mom was, growing up and later in life. She was an incredible character, very full of life, enthusiastic and colourful. I was fascinated with her as a little girl, and we used to write letters to each other. When I reached adulthood she'd become a severe alcoholic, and no one could help her because she denied everything. My mom and dad were the only family she had who wanted to help, but you know how it gets... I'm in a position to see the humour in all of it, but it's pretty crazy. 'Evil' doesn't really describe anyone fairly (hence the quotation marks) and I know that people are complex... Thank you for the kind words, I hope that her soul can find the peace it couldn't when she was alive.

Thanks for clarifying the symbols thing as well. That's what prevented me from analysing my dreams for so long, because I couldn't understand the meaning of certain symbols in the supposedly accepted interpretation. Learning tarot was a lightbulb moment for me, because you're taught to discover and trust your intuitive meanings for the symbols and cards.

suk

Also, it's curious how certain kinds of psychic activity seems to be inherited. My mother saw her father's ghost after he died, standing in the doorway of her room, just as her mother did with her father.

I wonder if it's passed on easier to daughters too.

celticnoodle

Wow CN, thanks for sharing the story about your grandmother. I have a distant aunt like that too, who everyone says is horrible and doesn't appreciate anything people do for her... But meeting her and learning about her life from my dad made me so sad for her. She was a really strong, determined woman, and left the guy she married at a time when it wasn't socially acceptable. I would certainly be bitter in my old age if I had to live her life, and always had people criticising me.

:) y.w. of course. yes, see my paternal gm was a RC and in her time, leaving your husband especially for something as "trivial" as living with another woman, (which he did) was definitely taboo and socially unacceptable. Your Aunt must have been a very strong and determined woman. It wasn't easy for women back then--even if they were abused physically. Women practically had no rights. You should really be proud of your Aunt for her determination!

About my grandmother, I was never really faced with her bad side as much as my mom was, growing up and later in life. She was an incredible character, very full of life, enthusiastic and colourful. I was fascinated with her as a little girl, and we used to write letters to each other. When I reached adulthood she'd become a severe alcoholic, and no one could help her because she denied everything. My mom and dad were the only family she had who wanted to help, but you know how it gets... I'm in a position to see the humour in all of it, but it's pretty crazy. 'Evil' doesn't really describe anyone fairly (hence the quotation marks) and I know that people are complex... Thank you for the kind words, I hope that her soul can find the peace it couldn't when she was alive.
I have a family member who is somewhat like this gm of yours too. However, this person isn't an alcoholic, I am 100% sure of that. But, they are 'EVIL' too and that is putting it mildly. :laugh: This person is extremely harmful to others and sneakily so. This person can NOT be trusted in anyway, shape or form. I believe this person is very mentally unbalanced and is in great need of medical help--but they flat out refuse to even discuss this. Its sad, isn't it? Its at the point now, where this elderly family member is stuck in their home and no one will visit because they can't stand or even trust them. So, this person is alone and it makes it much worse, tbh. I use to drive down to visit (I live far away) a few times a year, but this person turned so ugly on me that I had to stay away for my own safety and health. Its very sad overall. But they also made their own world, I guess--even if they turned to alcohol or have a mental imbalance. You can't change them unless they are willing to get the help they need.

Thanks for clarifying the symbols thing as well. That's what prevented me from analysing my dreams for so long, because I couldn't understand the meaning of certain symbols in the supposedly accepted interpretation. Learning tarot was a lightbulb moment for me, because you're taught to discover and trust your intuitive meanings for the symbols and cards.
yep. very true. I think tarot reading has helped many people to discover other 'hidden' abilities that they had. other divination tools are also like this, but most people begin with reading cards, I think.

Also, it's curious how certain kinds of psychic activity seems to be inherited. My mother saw her father's ghost after he died, standing in the doorway of her room, just as her mother did with her father.

I wonder if it's passed on easier to daughters too.
I've always heard that it is passed through the female line in our family. However, that said, my brother and my maternal uncle and also my maternal gf were also all psychic. I don't think any of my cousins on my maternal side really were--but then perhaps it was because they didn't trust their gut instincts and/or never had any desire to develop them. I usually hear of more women being psychic then men. But, I know many men who are psychic too.

A very close friend of ours is a psychic medium, where as his wife isn't at all. My son in law is also a psychic medium, however, he can only see spirits, cannot hear them at all--even telepathically. He tries hard to turn his clairvoyancy abilities off--but he still has spirits coming to him.

My husband is also able to see spirits and has seen both his parents and others, but would rather deny it. But, his maternal side was very psychic--and I think it ran in both the females and the males.