What's more powerful an influence? Knighting of mirroring?

Bonny

----CLOSED ----

Hi Ya,

Just looking at a GT and seeing that the man in the girls life is mirroring her while he is Knighted by his ex partner.

So the girl whose GT it is has her signifucator (woman) in clover while the man is in anchor and his ex has significator of snake in stars ( it's a 9 x 4 tableau)

So what does this tell me?

Is it that stable man is closer/committed to the lucky woman (the subject - woman in clover) or the inscrutable coming to light (snake/star/ the ex) ?

Editted to add: the girl is me. The man is seperated from his ex wife now for eighteen months.

Teheuti

There are many ways to mirror cards in a GT. This is not one of the most obvious ones. Houses are supplemental, not the main determinates. I think it would be a huge mistake to come to a conclusion based on just these points without first reading the overall GT while focusing on adjacent cards and horizontal, vertical and even diagonal lines. For instance, a Woman card with major negatives around her would suggest that the Clover house is bad luck and not good luck. Luck can go either way as is clear in the early meanings given for Clover.

That said, you are right, the knighting is worrisome, but what other cards are around Man and Snake?

Barleywine

In my own usage, I lean on knighting much more heavily since I'm looking for motivation and commonalities of interest and purpose, and they seem to create more intelligible "convergance." Mirroring has all kinds of possibilities, but I haven't fully grasped those yet. I'm interested in how they can be used to good effect when the significator is stuck at one of the tableau borders or corners, with no adjacent cards on one or possibly two sides. It suggests a "surrogate" focus card that can pick up some of the missing emphasis.

Bonny

Hi there

Thank you for your response.

I have uploaded an image of the GT in case it helps in the chat.

Surrounding woman are cross stork lily ring tree... She is in a time of commitment and growth , sexual interest and suffering/spiritual questing (?)
Surrounding man are rider clouds bear dog path ... He is contmplating a decision, he is unclear in his thinking, with a loyal friend and mother figure close to him.
Surrounding snake are coffin ship sun clover dog bear mountain heart ... She is facing long term problems, travel with female friend, that she has a love rival , recovery, positive and lucky times.

Btw, The girl is very religious/spiritual. (cross)...
The man has a very very close connection to his biological mother.

So, the relationship lines are not clear in this. But it shows that the man is supported but confused and the woman is committed and his ex is receiving lucky positive times as well as dealing with difficulties and love rival.
Does that sound correct?

So which of the females is he moving to?

(Btw, the girl is me... I like to try to read these as objectively as possible ...)

Bless,

Bonny

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 261

Bonny

In my own usage, I lean on knighting much more heavily since I'm looking for motivation and commonalities of interest and purpose, and they seem to create more intelligible "convergance." Mirroring has all kinds of possibilities, but I haven't fully grasped those yet. I'm interested in how they can be used to good effect when the significator is stuck at one of the tableau borders or corners, with no adjacent cards on one or possibly two sides. It suggests a "surrogate" focus card that can pick up some of the missing emphasis.

Thanks Barleywine, so knighting is convergence - that makes sense.
Because I haven't been sure what knighting actually meant. I'm so much a learner ! So knighting means the man and the snake converge on things in their lives (kids) . I have read it's about hidden desires . Purpose here makes sense.

Thank you!

Barleywine

Thanks Barleywine, so knighting is convergence - that makes sense.
Because I haven't been sure what knighting actually meant. I'm so much a learner ! So knighting means the man and the snake converge on things in their lives (kids) . I have read it's about hidden desires . Purpose here makes sense.

Thank you!

I use both knighting and intersection of horizontal and vertical lines between focus (significator) cards to show how they're tied together in meaningful ways. The most pragmatic definition I've seen is that they provide "clarification and extra detail" regarding the testimony of two cards you're trying to relate; most often for me, it's the Woman and the Man, but it could be any two focus cards affecting a specific area of life.

Bonny

Thanks very much!

So does this mean the diagonal that woman is on, which runs parallel to the one man is on, is traced right to the end of the row, then the cards between them are reflected upon?

Sounds very instructive.

Thanks!

Barleywine

I looked at the GT you posted but don't know that deck, and some of the card numbers are a bit out of focus. I found it interesting that, not only are both the Woman and Man cards mirrored by the Star, but two of the lines running from the Woman and Man intersect at the Star as well. It makes me think she's pinning her hopes on him, and he probably has a similar perception. The other pair of lines intersect at the Ship, which mirrors both of them as well, and one of the meanings I've seen for that is "longing" (possibly because the Ship implies distance, and in this GT the two significators are quite far apart). This creates a rectangle, and I would explore the knighting possibilities between all four of those cards to see what other connections there might be.

Bonny

Ah! Oh dear! Ok!! Wow!!! This really helps Barleywine. I will look at this today and follow your example and look at the cards knighting for further information.
I'm on my way to work now but really looking forward to seeing and learning more!!

B:)

Teheuti

I can't read what many of the cards are, and I don't have much time to look at this deeply, but it should be noted that the Woman is between Cross and Tree. Tree indicates health problems when right next to the Significator and Cross suggests much grief, so you appear to be sick with sorrow. Also, Lilies directly underneath Woman (unvirtuous) could be pointing to the fact that you are involved with someone who is still married. No judgement here! I'm simply trying to point out some classic Lenormand meanings.