Very weird dream about wounds

Saskia

Hi all, I'm usually pretty fluent with interpreting dreams but this one baffled me: I've never seen anything similar. Usually if I see some bodily changes, it's my hair being different than normally (which I interpret as me wanting to project or form a different personality).

This is a bit gross so bear with me. Last night, I had a dream where I suddenly noticed that I have a long vertical wound in my throat (next to the wind pipe) and another long wound running vertically across my forehead. I saw them in the mirror and instead of being shocked or in pain, I was mainly curious and surprised.

In the next scene, I had a white fabric bandage on top of the throat wound but I started to pull it off (it was stuck and I worried it won't come off later), but that ripped the wound deeper. I was not in pain and it didn't bleed. I thought in the dream "Christianity is such a weird religion, obsessed with wounds of Jesus". I don't understand why I thought that!

In the last scene of this dream, the other side of my mouth was split open and it was patched together with a band-aid. Again, I was not in pain nor shocked, just surprised to see it. I didn't know in the dream what had caused these wounds and I still don't know. I don't have any stress or issues, and I certainly don't have any body issues i.e. self harm tendencies; nor am I sick to my knowledge.

Does anyone have any input? I'm quite lost with something this dramatic. The only clue is that reference to religion and the conflict of mindsets between me and my parents, who are deeply and conservatively Christian, whereas I'm not. Any help is appreciated!

starburst_au

Hi all, I'm usually pretty fluent with interpreting dreams but this one baffled me: I've never seen anything similar. Usually if I see some bodily changes, it's my hair being different than normally (which I interpret as me wanting to project or form a different personality).

This is a bit gross so bear with me. Last night, I had a dream where I suddenly noticed that I have a long vertical wound in my throat (next to the wind pipe) and another long wound running vertically across my forehead. I saw them in the mirror and instead of being shocked or in pain, I was mainly curious and surprised.

In the next scene, I had a white fabric bandage on top of the throat wound but I started to pull it off (it was stuck and I worried it won't come off later), but that ripped the wound deeper. I was not in pain and it didn't bleed. I thought in the dream "Christianity is such a weird religion, obsessed with wounds of Jesus". I don't understand why I thought that!

In the last scene of this dream, the other side of my mouth was split open and it was patched together with a band-aid. Again, I was not in pain nor shocked, just surprised to see it. I didn't know in the dream what had caused these wounds and I still don't know. I don't have any stress or issues, and I certainly don't have any body issues i.e. self harm tendencies; nor am I sick to my knowledge.

Does anyone have any input? I'm quite lost with something this dramatic. The only clue is that reference to religion and the conflict of mindsets between me and my parents, who are deeply and conservatively Christian, whereas I'm not. Any help is appreciated!

How interesting!
Seeing as your throat / mouth were involved in the dream and were wounded... I'm wondering if you're having any issues with voicing your concerns or worries about a particular aspect in your life? Or not being able to say something.... and as a result, your throat has been injured...

I'm kinda going with Louise Hay stuff.. you know when you get a sore throat, Louise might say Throat: Avenue of expression. Channel of creativity. – Throat Problems: The inability to speak up for one’s self. Swallowed )

So i'm wondering if your dream is making you more aware of perhaps not being able to speak up due to fear of being hurt? Something along those lines....

The Christian thing... to me 'feels' like a reference to self-sacrifice.... you know Jesus died on the cross .... blah blah ....

So perhaps is there something in your life that you feel you may need to speak up about and it may be a bit of a sacrifice? It can be really sublte ...

Just throwing a few things around.

Cheers,
SB

Calayvie

I think the way we FEEL in dreams are big clues as to the messages they contain.
Your mind may have concocted a strange scenario for you to exhibit the feelings of curiosity and surprise, instead of the maybe 'expected' shock and fear.
The unexpectedness of the feelings to the scenario may be the clue, or just the feelings themselves. Maybe it relates to how you feel about the religion thing that you said.

I also think of the throat and eye chakras with the wounds that you had, and communication.
Although I think the emotions you felt during the dream will give you some insight.
I've read that doing freestyle word association can help uncover meanings of dreams as well, and the connection they have with the feelings felt during the dream. Maybe give that a go?

I'm sorry I couldn't go much deeper, but hopefully thinking about the feelings and how you associate to them may help you figure it out [emoji4]

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

danieljuk

great interpretations by the other folk and Starburst is so right about the Chakra areas!

Christian's (and some other religions) believe that Stigmata and the people allegedly have stigmata now, are signs or representations of the suffering of Christ. They are beyond us "humans" but sign of a something greater. The stigmata points were his hands and feet and around his heart and obviously these locations don't match but I wonder if they are a symbolism of your relationship to your parents or generally in your life.

Thinking about this....

- perhaps you feel you have been "crucified" for speaking out.
- perhaps you have something in common with your parents, which has a suffering in common.
- perhaps you need to sacrifice something to get on with them. Like the hanged man type perspective.
- perhaps you are taking on others suffering.

Dream Moods has an interesting idea that Wounds = need for healing in that area. Slow down and let it heal, that is interesting with the bandages / plasters.

if we are looking at Chakras, it might be seen that the throat is about your ability to communicate and speak freely, the forehead might be the third eye chakra which is about awareness or you might see it as the top of the head crown chakra which is spirituality. With your later mouth wound, I wonder if you have been too outspoken or been silenced about religion. I think this is a time of healing and not speaking, let things heal and keep quiet for a while to recover :)

Saskia

I'm wondering if you're having any issues with voicing your concerns or worries about a particular aspect in your life? Or not being able to say something.... and as a result, your throat has been injured...

Throat: Avenue of expression. Channel of creativity. – Throat Problems: The inability to speak up for one’s self. So i'm wondering if your dream is making you more aware of perhaps not being able to speak up due to fear of being hurt?

The Christian thing... to me 'feels' like a reference to self-sacrifice.... you know Jesus died on the cross .... So perhaps is there something in your life that you feel you may need to speak up about and it may be a bit of a sacrifice?

I think the way we FEEL in dreams are big clues as to the messages they contain. Your mind may have concocted a strange scenario for you to exhibit the feelings of curiosity and surprise, instead of the maybe 'expected' shock and fear. The unexpectedness of the feelings to the scenario may be the clue, or just the feelings themselves. Maybe it relates to how you feel about the religion thing that you said.

I also think of the throat and eye chakras with the wounds that you had, and communication.

I've read that doing freestyle word association can help uncover meanings of dreams as well, and the connection they have with the feelings felt during the dream. Maybe give that a go?

Hi Starburst and Calayvie, thanks for taking time to respond! Throat and third eye chakra, yes they fit.

After thinking about this for the whole day and reading your comments, I've figured that I'm quite vocal with my opinions in many things, but coincidentally, religion and spirituality are an area I hardly ever venture outside of this forum. Because those areas are deeply personal for me and I'm protecting myself from getting attacked (or laughed at) by others.

Also, because of the conflict between my agnostic/pantheist beliefs and my parents' beliefs (my father is a Pentecostal missionary and preacher), I pent up my real thoughts about what I think of their version of religion and god; I'm trying to avoid getting hurt and hurting them.

This has caused conflicts between us before, when I've voiced something in social media that has hurt them, and vice versa. Now I just don't say what I really think when I know they can hear/see it. So it's self-sacrifice indeed. I need to find a way to address this because clearly it's affecting my subconscious adversely.

I think the feeling of being surprised is really about being perplexed by people who are not willing to listen to other viewpoints but stick with their fixed view or hurt those who don't believe like they do. To me we all have a unique journey on purpose and some find god/divine, some don't, but no one is better (or worse) than the other.

Thanks again, this really helped!

Saskia

Christian's (and some other religions) believe that Stigmata and the people allegedly have stigmata now, are signs or representations of the suffering of Christ. Perhaps:

- you feel you have been "crucified" for speaking out.
- you have something in common with your parents, which has a suffering in common.
- you need to sacrifice something to get on with them.
- you are taking on others suffering.

Dream Moods has an interesting idea that Wounds = need for healing in that area. Slow down and let it heal, that is interesting with the bandages / plasters.

I wonder if you have been too outspoken or been silenced about religion. I think this is a time of healing and not speaking, let things heal and keep quiet for a while to recover :)

These are all very interesting thoughts Danieljuk! Thank you.

Firstly, I know about stigmata but I'm not sure how they could apply. However, of your list of suggestions, I think they all apply to some extent, the first the most. Yes, I've been "crucified" in terms of being belittled when I've voiced my spiritual views (not actually with my parents but with other relatives/social circles).

I do need to sacrifice my chance to discuss religion or spirituality with my parents because our views simply don't match. I have actively learned to not take on others' suffering/problems, that's what I used to do quite a bit and it was an ongoing source of frustration and anxiety for me (because I couldn't change lives for people who won't help themselves).

I'm not sure about the "suffering with my parents". Other than that we've all chosen an "abnormal" worldview in the eyes of the wider society (tarot and parapsychology for me, conservative religion for them in a country that's highly non-religious).

I like your idea about healing and the bandages being there on purpose. Yes, perhaps now it really is time to heal instead of speaking up and causing more wounds. Religion became an issue between us five years ago and we hurt each other inadvertently, and now the trust is returning and myself and my parents seem more willing to make truce about our conflicting lifestyles.

Thank you, this gave me a lot to think about!

WolfSwan

What a dream!! Well...the first thing that jumped out at me is that you're talking about the throat and third eye chakra.

So the wound in your throat is about your will, your ability to manifest your truth, your ability to speak your truth and live it. It's the voice of your body, a pressure valve of sorts that allows the energy from the other chakra's to be expressed - so with the other wound being around your third eye and the whole Christianity mention - I wonder if there is some connection there?

Is there some truth about your childhood learnings under your parents, and the whole Christianity religion that resonates for you, that you're blocking? That's blocking your spiritual growth. I grew up Catholic. I was so indoctrinated when I was a child I would recite bible versus and hymns and my family used to laugh that I was going to grow up to be a nun (couldn't be further from the truth now). When I hit my pre-teens and thinking years I moved totally way from that whole thing (I may have been a nun in a previous life though). Anyway, basically it's only now that I acknowledge there are parts of the whole Catholic thing that are relevant - but I still cringe around religion. I'm working on accepting that without judgement.

The throat chakra can also be about judgement. The wound was on your left hand side - your feminine receptive side. So is there something that you're not expressing, that's being shoved down your throat and bandaged from coming out your mouth?

The throat is about communicating your ideas, beliefs and emotions. It's about balance and openness, and releasing your personal truth into the world. When the throat chakra is out of balance it can result in a tight jaw, stiff neck, and headaches - the wound on your forehead?

Obviously the third eye is about your intuition, divine knowing - it allows clear thought as well as the gift of spiritual contemplation and self-reflection. It's the way we internalise the external world with symbolic language. So the wound would indicate a lack of connection between what you are seeing and knowing to be true and what you are allowing into your conscious mind? It's also about self-limiting ideas and developing wisdom that comes from a perspective that transcends the whole black and white / good or bad thing. So that connects with the Christianity perspective too in some ways? It's also the seat of conscience...so are you holding back guilt for what you believe now? Or swallowing guilt for seeing the world differently and living a different truth from what you were brought up with?

Just some thoughts :D

Saskia

WolfSwan you amazing person! This gave me a whole new flush of insight.

So the wound in your throat is about your will, your ability to manifest your truth, your ability to speak your truth and live it... the other wound being around your third eye and the whole Christianity mention - I wonder if there is some connection there?

Is there some truth about your childhood learnings under your parents, and the whole Christianity religion that resonates for you, that you're blocking? That's blocking your spiritual growth. I grew up Catholic - but I still cringe around religion. I'm working on accepting that without judgement.

I didn't at first see the connection between Christianity and the wounds, other than what I explained in the previous replies (the conflict between my parents and myself). I was actually not brought up as devoted Christian - yes I was baptised but my family was of the sort "church is for Christmas and weddings and funerals". They converted from Lutheran to Pentecostal some 5-6 years ago and that's when a drift opened between us.

But, I do feel like a "traitor" for not adhering to the values of the society (Northern Europe) where I grew up: logic and rationality are what rule the world and sixth sense is nonsense. As a teenager, I was a strong sceptic and I was the first to judge religious or spiritual people. Now, my worldview has changed (partly because of tarot, partly because of maturity and learning more about the world at all fronts). So, I'm very familiar with judging, but not with being at the receiving end as the "cuckoo" who believes in paranormal/divine/spiritual matters. Instant karma in action!

The throat chakra can also be about judgement. The wound was on your left hand side - your feminine receptive side. So is there something that you're not expressing, that's being shoved down your throat and bandaged from coming out your mouth?

When the throat chakra is out of balance it can result in a tight jaw, stiff neck, and headaches - the wound on your forehead?

I have a perpetual stiff neck, jaw and headaches. I manage them with yoga and massage but I'm never relaxed. I've attributed it to office work but it's not normal to *never* feel loose with muscles with the amount of sports, stretching and massages I do!

When I read this, I realised I feel that today's society in general (starting from economics and economic decisions) is very much geared towards masculine principles of rationality, force and "cold logic" even if it comes with sacrificing some people on the go, whereas the feminine principles of intuition, empathy and nurturing have a lesser value. I used to be in the camp masculine thinking, but I've shifted as I've grown to embrace the feminine in me and others.

I've actually written an adventure novel discussing this theme (how the world has forgotten the feminine/Goddess) and I'm letting it sit for a while before I do the last quality check to start submitting it to publishers. I just had another dream tonight where I was heavily pregnant but the baby wouldn't come out and I feared it might die if I don't get it induced - a slow birth of this book/my true ideas perhaps??

Obviously the third eye is about your intuition, divine knowing - the wound would indicate a lack of connection between what you are seeing and knowing to be true and what you are allowing into your conscious mind?

It's also about self-limiting ideas and developing wisdom that comes from a perspective that transcends the whole black and white / good or bad thing. So that connects with the Christianity perspective too in some ways? It's also the seat of conscience...so are you holding back guilt for what you believe now? Or swallowing guilt for seeing the world differently and living a different truth from what you were brought up with?

This ties together with what I said above. I am self-limiting my knowledge and understanding of the feminine principles, also including intuition and spirituality, because I still try to fit in to what I learned the society to be when I grew up. My native culture (as the whole Western world...) was and is very much about engineering, logic, economics and being efficient and profitable, whereas today I think those are simply maya, illusion that veils the true nature of this world and our existence, which is far more spiritual and about self-evolution.

Thank you WolfSwan, this nailed it! Even though the others helped immensely too, your reply gave me chills and I knew this explains the missing pieces. :)

WolfSwan

WolfSwan you amazing person! This gave me a whole new flush of insight.

I didn't at first see the connection between Christianity and the wounds, other than what I explained in the previous replies (the conflict between my parents and myself). I was actually not brought up as devoted Christian - yes I was baptised but my family was of the sort "church is for Christmas and weddings and funerals". They converted from Lutheran to Pentecostal some 5-6 years ago and that's when a drift opened between us.

But, I do feel like a "traitor" for not adhering to the values of the society (Northern Europe) where I grew up: logic and rationality are what rule the world and sixth sense is nonsense. As a teenager, I was a strong sceptic and I was the first to judge religious or spiritual people. Now, my worldview has changed (partly because of tarot, partly because of maturity and learning more about the world at all fronts). So, I'm very familiar with judging, but not with being at the receiving end as the "cuckoo" who believes in paranormal/divine/spiritual matters. Instant karma in action!

I have a perpetual stiff neck, jaw and headaches. I manage them with yoga and massage but I'm never relaxed. I've attributed it to office work but it's not normal to *never* feel loose with muscles with the amount of sports, stretching and massages I do!

When I read this, I realised I feel that today's society in general (starting from economics and economic decisions) is very much geared towards masculine principles of rationality, force and "cold logic" even if it comes with sacrificing some people on the go, whereas the feminine principles of intuition, empathy and nurturing have a lesser value. I used to be in the camp masculine thinking, but I've shifted as I've grown to embrace the feminine in me and others.

I've actually written an adventure novel discussing this theme (how the world has forgotten the feminine/Goddess) and I'm letting it sit for a while before I do the last quality check to start submitting it to publishers. I just had another dream tonight where I was heavily pregnant but the baby wouldn't come out and I feared it might die if I don't get it induced - a slow birth of this book/my true ideas perhaps??

This ties together with what I said above. I am self-limiting my knowledge and understanding of the feminine principles, also including intuition and spirituality, because I still try to fit in to what I learned the society to be when I grew up. My native culture (as the whole Western world...) was and is very much about engineering, logic, economics and being efficient and profitable, whereas today I think those are simply maya, illusion that veils the true nature of this world and our existence, which is far more spiritual and about self-evolution.

Thank you WolfSwan, this nailed it! Even though the others helped immensely too, your reply gave me chills and I knew this explains the missing pieces. :)

I'm at work so can't give detailed feedback, but I'm so glad that it makes sense and resonates with where you're at and has given you further insight!

Saskia

UPDATE

This is an old thread but someone might be interested in an update.

A while back, I did a self-regression for seeing past lives. What I saw was:

I was an oracle or a seer, working in a cave. I was wearing a lavender-coloured light cotton or linen dress, a bit like toga. The cave had a pool of water in it, like a little pond or a spring. The cave was of light-coloured sand and it was lit by torches attached on the walls. The cave was perhaps the size of 10m x 10m. This seems to be somewhere in the Mediterranean, perhaps Greece or Rome, and perhaps around year 0.

I was supposed to scry by using the reflections of the water, but I couldn't do it. I was very nervous and I was not allowed out of that cave - there were soldiers wearing chest plates and other armour and they blocked my way with swords or spears. I could see the sea outside, it was a lovely bright day and the sea was glimmering deap-blue. But I was stuck in a dim cave for god knows how long; perhaps I even died there.

Now, I don't know if this is real or my subconscious making it up, but if it's real, perhaps I've ended up in dire trouble because of my spiritual beliefs - being able to see the future and then at the crucial moment, not being able to demostrate it. Religion and spirituality have been something I've kept under the lock and key until the few last years and I would have rather died than publicly revealed my true beliefs (metaphorically, of course) - which ties to the wounds: the amputated or mutilated third eye, and wounded throat stopping me from speaking.

Lately, I've been pondering this because I've been getting visions about deep blue colour, and lately lavender/light purple has made an appearance, too. For example, in my dreams I meet people who wear a lavender coloured dress. I think I'm healing from this self-imposed block and finally acknowleding that nobody has a monopoly to religion (i.e. nobody has the right to dictate what others should believe or not believe); and spirituality is an important part of human psyche and it's unhealthy for me to attempt to live as if it didn't matter or didn't exist.

Thank you all who immediately pointed out that the dream was about spirituality/religion and my inability to express myself authentically in that area :)