Two Strange Dreams Last Night

danieljuk

I feel I haven't had any good dreams for ages or maybe I just never remember them but I had some amazing ones last night, so vivid and I remembered them! But can't quite work out the meaning of these fully.

Background to the dreams:

I went to bed really stressed out yesterday. I am on my own this weekend and before going to sleep, some washing was finishing in the washing machine. At about 11:45pm I realised the washing had finished but the contents were so hot! Something had gone wrong with the wash and there was a smell of burning. I think something has gone on it but I went to bed really afraid that I would wake up to smoke and fire! (fortunately that didn't happen phew and the clothes are okay but the machine has been unplugged until an engineer can look at it!). Also I have Saturn in my first house in astrology until the end of next year, it's causing problems all about me and I think I was affected by the retrograde. These dreams happened on the day it went Direct!

Dream 1:

I have a friend who is a tv reporter. Years ago I loved a report she did and added her on a social network and we have become friends. I didn't realise when I added her that she actually lives very near me. I have never met her (because I am shy) but we always just miss each other in the local area which has become a bit of a joke. We have both supported each other through difficult health issues. I have never met her but glad to call her a friend.

I dreamt of her (not in a creepy stalker way :) ). She hasn't been social networking for a while and I think she has been away on holiday for the Summer. She has had two children since I have known her with her husband but I dreamt that she reappeared after this break and she had had a third child, like she kept the pregnancy really secret! She always shared the funny tales of her last pregnancies and I don't think she wants any more kids, so it would be surprising if this was literal.

my ideas about this:

- she has a new career or the birth of something new coming. Maybe literally a child or metaphorically something a new and I dream of it somehow. I am not sure why she featured in the dream, maybe she has big news to announce.

- our friendship grows closer, perhaps the birth of a friendship outside of social networks (I bump into her locally or something like that).

I am not sure but I am confused why she featured and what the birth means. I have been wondering why she was posting less but she was not on my mind yesterday.

Dream 2:

Some hours later after that dream, I dreamt of a snake. I have lot's of dreams of snakes in my life and it's a common symbol.

In this dream, I was outside with a group of people. I saw a little hole in the ground on the other side of a dip in the ground (like a dried up river or stream, something like that). On my side of this, there was tents for some reason, perhaps I was staying there or there was an archaeological dig, it didn't seem important. I was being shown around by these people and looking across the small dip in the ground (which you could easily walk over and the whole area was green grass), I saw a little snake! It was like a long thin worm and was bright red with black markings. I am not entirely scared of snakes, I have handled and looked after one for a friend but I would be nervous of a biting venomous one. I didn't feel fear about this snake, I felt more interest in it and it was pretty. As I looked at it I was on my own and the group of people had walked to the next place they were looking at, at that moment the snake flew at me through the air. It went from this small pretty red worm, to a red angry puffed up cobra, a much wider snake with a puffed up head and baring teeth. As it came for me, I moved a little to the right and it went flying over my left shoulder and hit the ground dead. So it had projected itself at me. One of the guys came back and said something like "lucky escape, that would have been very poisonous". I did nothing to provoke it and was a distance from it.

I had avoided the snake bite and danger and I feel even if I didn't move from my place I would have avoided it. I think the key to this dream is that I wasn't expecting the danger, it was out of the blue. Like the washing machine the night before. I am not sure it's about that though, I think it's more about me.

I looked into snakes and they can represent fears and anxieties. Red the colour of anger and danger (I have realised recently I am quite angry inside about something that happened to me in the past). They can also represent sexuality, healing, the masculine. I think it represents my anxiety maybe, I just avoided something bad happening. As an anxious person I always weighing up risk and worrying, this was something I couldn't predict happening! I had no control over this but it had a good outcome anyway.

Well I wondered if anyone else had ideas about the new baby from a friend and the snake because I don't think I have worked these dreams out entirely yet :) It turns out going to bed worrying about risk, gives you great dreams! perhaps I slept lighter and could remember them last night :D

BrightEye

Hi Daniel

I would say that the second dream reflects your fears about the washing machine, a possible danger you didn't or couldn't anticipate.

The first may be related: an unwanted pregnancy can be a great source of anxiety.

SweetSiren

Your snake dream, I think it does have to do with anxiety, things you can't control. You didn't provoke the snake but it still attacked. That happens in life, and our brains try to rationalize why things happen, when sometimes it was just totally random. But we're still left with the feelings to deal with.

And with the pregnancy dream, pay attention to how you felt. It could be literal. Or it could just be a reflection of the relationship- you live your lives separately but enjoy being supportive and seeing the life changes she goes through.

danieljuk

thank you both for your responses :heart:
you made me think and I was looking at some big picture life message from this but I think it was just inspired by the stress of the night!

@BE, yes that is really right about the danger, I didn't anticipate it with the snake either.

@SweetSiren, you are so right about the randomness of life. I really want to anticipate everything and rationalise it but sometimes chaos happens! I think I have to learn how to deal calmly with things that are unforeseen better. The next day things were not as bad at that night I just needed to chill a bit :) I can't always control everything and have to let it go a bit I think.

I thought about SS's idea about how I felt about the dreams and I definitely think the snake dream matches the washing machine situation. The feeling of "this could have been much worse" and random shock of it was the same. The pregnancy dream, I wondered if it was our relationship or anxiety like BE suggested but my feeling about that part is it's dependable. It is coming up to the age difference of her children and I sort of feel if there was another announcement it's something that I couldn't predict happening (like the snake) but it's warm and safe and nice. They are the same sort of dream but with emotional opposites, one danger, one sweet and warm and I liked her sharing the stories of motherhood from the past because they are highly amusing! It's like what I know from the past, almost nostalgic.

I can't control bad things or good things happening to me all the time, sometimes I have to just go with the flow of the universe.

Thanks, you both made me think about it and I think both are reaction to the events that happened :thumbsup:

DownUnderNZer

Glad there was no fire with the washing machine and that you are fine although it was stressful.

Interesting dreams - especially the "Snake" one as I had one years ago along with coffins and graves I think. (Nothing to do with Halloween).

I agree with "pregnancy" being "something "new", but I would think for you not that friend.

About the Snake and the context of your dream as in a group of friends, the snake did not appear dangerous, and the color red.

FYI: According to Carl Jung "Snakes" can be about "transformation". So, it could be all about changes in a person or relationships/friendships.

In a literal sense:

I'm wondering if maybe there is someone or a few people in a circle of people you consider friends that is not what s/he seems. Outwardly you may not see her/him as changing and/or being a threat, but sub consciously it is a different story.

With the color "red" it could be an outright "warning" or letting you know it is someone you consider vibrant, artistic, creative, passionate etc etc etc.

Another school of thought:

If we follow the grand father of Psychology, Freud, then it could be all about your desires for a partner and intimacy only there might be an aspect to it that is not known or safe - something might actually be a threat to you that is not on the surface.

Some food for thought....

DND :)

I feel I haven't had any good dreams for ages or maybe I just never remember them but I had some amazing ones last night, so vivid and I remembered them! But can't quite work out the meaning of these fully.

Background to the dreams:

I went to bed really stressed out yesterday. I am on my own this weekend and before going to sleep, some washing was finishing in the washing machine. At about 11:45pm I realised the washing had finished but the contents were so hot! Something had gone wrong with the wash and there was a smell of burning. I think something has gone on it but I went to bed really afraid that I would wake up to smoke and fire! (fortunately that didn't happen phew and the clothes are okay but the machine has been unplugged until an engineer can look at it!). Also I have Saturn in my first house in astrology until the end of next year, it's causing problems all about me and I think I was affected by the retrograde. These dreams happened on the day it went Direct!

Dream 1:

I have a friend who is a tv reporter. Years ago I loved a report she did and added her on a social network and we have become friends. I didn't realise when I added her that she actually lives very near me. I have never met her (because I am shy) but we always just miss each other in the local area which has become a bit of a joke. We have both supported each other through difficult health issues. I have never met her but glad to call her a friend.

I dreamt of her (not in a creepy stalker way :) ). She hasn't been social networking for a while and I think she has been away on holiday for the Summer. She has had two children since I have known her with her husband but I dreamt that she reappeared after this break and she had had a third child, like she kept the pregnancy really secret! She always shared the funny tales of her last pregnancies and I don't think she wants any more kids, so it would be surprising if this was literal.

my ideas about this:

- she has a new career or the birth of something new coming. Maybe literally a child or metaphorically something a new and I dream of it somehow. I am not sure why she featured in the dream, maybe she has big news to announce.

- our friendship grows closer, perhaps the birth of a friendship outside of social networks (I bump into her locally or something like that).

I am not sure but I am confused why she featured and what the birth means. I have been wondering why she was posting less but she was not on my mind yesterday.

Dream 2:

Some hours later after that dream, I dreamt of a snake. I have lot's of dreams of snakes in my life and it's a common symbol.

In this dream, I was outside with a group of people. I saw a little hole in the ground on the other side of a dip in the ground (like a dried up river or stream, something like that). On my side of this, there was tents for some reason, perhaps I was staying there or there was an archaeological dig, it didn't seem important. I was being shown around by these people and looking across the small dip in the ground (which you could easily walk over and the whole area was green grass), I saw a little snake! It was like a long thin worm and was bright red with black markings. I am not entirely scared of snakes, I have handled and looked after one for a friend but I would be nervous of a biting venomous one. I didn't feel fear about this snake, I felt more interest in it and it was pretty. As I looked at it I was on my own and the group of people had walked to the next place they were looking at, at that moment the snake flew at me through the air. It went from this small pretty red worm, to a red angry puffed up cobra, a much wider snake with a puffed up head and baring teeth. As it came for me, I moved a little to the right and it went flying over my left shoulder and hit the ground dead. So it had projected itself at me. One of the guys came back and said something like "lucky escape, that would have been very poisonous". I did nothing to provoke it and was a distance from it.

I had avoided the snake bite and danger and I feel even if I didn't move from my place I would have avoided it. I think the key to this dream is that I wasn't expecting the danger, it was out of the blue. Like the washing machine the night before. I am not sure it's about that though, I think it's more about me.

I looked into snakes and they can represent fears and anxieties. Red the colour of anger and danger (I have realised recently I am quite angry inside about something that happened to me in the past). They can also represent sexuality, healing, the masculine. I think it represents my anxiety maybe, I just avoided something bad happening. As an anxious person I always weighing up risk and worrying, this was something I couldn't predict happening! I had no control over this but it had a good outcome anyway.

Well I wondered if anyone else had ideas about the new baby from a friend and the snake because I don't think I have worked these dreams out entirely yet :) It turns out going to bed worrying about risk, gives you great dreams! perhaps I slept lighter and could remember them last night :D

starburst_au

Hey,

Just a few things that came to mind...

the pregnant dream.
I think what you've mentioned.... seems to fit, quite well... Pregnancy and the whole idea of 'birthing' ideas and change. She could be pregnant! I'd check in with her to see if she is ok... give it a week or two ...

The snake dream -

I had a weird dream about some pythons a few weeks back... I posted some rambling about it on the forum and had some good feedback.

I then went and had a chat / session with the energetic healer I see. She was saying that the snake in the dream was related to this toxic person I had encountered (at work) and the reptilian energies were represented in my dream... (yeah... weird and out there concept lol) Having said that, once the energetic healer had identified this and cleared the energy so to speak... i didn't have any further issues with this person. I'd had a few run ins with this person... just being very intimidating... and in your face (quite literally)

So i'm wondering if you have / had a toxic person in your life that has recently caused you some anxiety? The person I had encountered at work was a (beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep) just really narcissistic, dark energy, manipulative, traumatised person oh and this person had some major drug addiction issues....

Hope that helps?

Cheers
SB

decan

Well, I have no idea, but these days I am purchasing the Psycards.
Because the Psycards are in relation to our psyche it could be interesting to pull the Birth card and the Libido card (depicting a snake) from this deck. I know you have this oracle.
I hope I will enjoy it, I find the medieval imagery nice, it is something I like.

Maybe these 2 cards have something to tell you?
160815071236432770.png

DDwarks

I'm with Down Under on the snake dream.

Snakes in my dreams have never been anything other than a warning that someone was out "to get me" - someone was being dishonest or generally causing trouble. The fact that you were not scared initially would point to someone you are familiar and comfortable with.

Decan's cards are really interesting also!
It makes me wonder what the snake told that one peacock to make it spread his feathers!
It screams of trouble maker to me!

decan

(...) It makes me wonder what the snake told that one peacock to make it spread his feathers!
It screams of trouble maker to me!
Yes, I think there are probably many levels to understand dreams with snakes. All serpents are ruled by Saturn.
A possibility could be that this snake is depicting an hidden enemy or a false person who is sapping something in process (something new or about to be born); well, not a positive interpretation, but the dream could be a warning.
More psychologically it is in relation to the libido or a new affair.